Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
D - Strike into the very heart of Christendom and prove the strength of our faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

sheep-dodger posted:

We've had an LP in Iberia already, so I'mma go F - Egypt

There was also an LP in Egypt despite it being also set in Jerusalem.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Frionnel posted:

We never had one in the Maghreb, seems like we could meet halfway and have The Vandals 2: Norse Barbary Pirates edition.

Egypt and the Magreb would be my second choice. Become literal Barbarians (after I guess beating up the current barbarians, the Muslim Berbers)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Egypt will be fun. they even have some fancy runestones raised already

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
We were gonna convert sooner or later unfortunately, not unless we stayed around in Germany. If not the Muslims breathing down our necks, then the Christians. Even as fragmented as some of them were in Britain or Iberia, The fragments joining together as allies to take on a common pagan foe wouldn't have been out of the question.

That sad, it's still a shame we couldn't keep the Nordic religion and spin it into some sort of syncretic Egyptian religious revival.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 21, 2022

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If we don't take Egypt, I think taking the western side of the Red Sea and possibly the entirety of the Bab-el-Mandeb would be a strong consolation. Idk if there's actually a mechanical benefit for it, but it'll still be cool.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

kw0134 posted:

Tales of Genji in this timeline will include mentions of the blond-haired devils who created a new daimyo in Kyushu.

The Oni are actually caricatures of the Vikings that had gone on raiding parties.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Look at that beautiful border gore.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's that that little African Jewish kingdom too that always shows up before usually fizzling out or doing something weird

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

Actually thinking on it we hybridized with Egyptian so do we already have access to Unite Africa? I'm not 100% on how hybridizing interacts with cultural decisions.

E: or for that matter on whether Egyptian can use UA since I haven't played Egyptian

Egyptian is an Arabic culture, it seems like so idk if it would count for that since it requires an African culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

:unsmigghh: