Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

toasterwarrior posted:

lorewise ulthuan is basically like elden ring: beautiful, lush temperate climate that is so suffused with magic that it made the wildlife really big and scary

It just stinks like elf. Horrible creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Squibbles posted:

a bit of an unusual situation to be fighting an army with zero range or flying units. But still a crazy result. I wonder if the ammo is only for the big main gun or something that wasn't firing much? I dunno

What's the slaanesh and khorne counter to a thunderbarge? chaos furies get shot up and route even if it stands still instead of outrunning them, or it just sits near their own gun line and they clear any flyers off it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

JBP posted:

It just stinks like elf. Horrible creatures.

that old human saying about someone liking the smell of their own farts? an entire island full of 'em. that smells like elf farts.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What's the slaanesh and khorne counter to a thunderbarge? chaos furies get shot up and route even if it stands still instead of outrunning them, or it just sits near their own gun line and they clear any flyers off it.

Khorne has Bloodthirsters they could probably take down a Thunderbarge.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
And Slaanesh?

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Actually the barge wins in a 2v1 against two bloodthirsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

Dumb lore question, but do the chaos lords choose a new name or are they born with it? I thin Archeon chose a new one but Valkia didn't. Does this mean that Mr and Mrs Slaymaim named their child Kilgore? What happens if little Bloodskull decides to worship Tzeentch or decides to go the Empire to worship Shalia as a gently caress you to their parents?
Their 40K counterparts definitely do (the Black Crusade book mentions that "Horus" is a particularly popular choice among new converts to Chaos), so I imagine that the answer is yes.