Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I told you, I told you all about Imperial Skryre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
The brief look I saw of Dwarf changes look awesome and the Empire stuff looks so much fun. Gelt on pilgrimage with his alchemy bro is perfect and von Draken's workshop looks cool. Sniping stalking debuffing mortars seem hilarious and the RoR version might be worth bringing lategame just for the safe AoE debuff.

e: Im also interested in what they are doing with Bruckner getting two unique weapons, one a sword and one a lance. Will his model change at all with that?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Ravenfood posted:

e: Im also interested in what they are doing with Bruckner getting two unique weapons, one a sword and one a lance. Will his model change at all with that?

He uses the lance while mounted and the sword on foot, according to Zerkovich's unit video

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Is there a release date yet?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

Is there a release date yet?

April 30th

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

quote:

Summon the Elector Counts’ functionality has changed. Originally, it replenished all the Elector Count state troops. Now, when the Elector Counts are summoned, every Elector Count that is not currently garrisoned or besieged will be summoned to Karl Franz’s location, turning the tide when faced with overwhelming odds.

:allears:

this sounds spectacular

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah that's going to rule so hard

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

That's going to be very funny. Does that only affect Elector Counts in your faction or would independent ones get summoned too

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Rookersh posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to get my hopes up because there's only so much they could still add, but I'd love a Helborg/Schwarzhelm add.

Bruckner is tied to the book, but he's a character that makes zero sense serving Franz, Volkmar in the Southlands, Gelt in Cathay, or Markus in Lustria.

Schwarzhelm makes sense for all of them to a degree. And Helborg could have been made a LH and would have made sense in every army also.

A small DLC with Helborg, Schwartzhelm, grandmasters, the two missing big knightly orders and doggos. There you go.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

MonstersAbound is playing a Epidemius FLC Nurgle lord campaign already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBPSjvvrrz0

Mechanics: Plagues. Plagues!! Epidemius's unique mechanic is he gets bonuses that increase for how many non-Nurgle factions have plagues on them, which means he's an interesting like...mid-game? Faction? Also the cycle buildings are still slow as poo poo. The other buildings look cool though (walls are where you get some of your hero recruitment from, trade resources actually Do something). His start is funny (Malus Darkblade to the west immediately, Tzeentch minor with Daemon Prince, then Boris Ursus, behind it).

e: This rules, that whole area's a thunderdome now. Malus - Epidemius - Daemon Prince - Boris Ursus - Archaon along the northern edge, cross the water and Throgg and Malakai are fighting while also pushed up against Wulfrik, Azazel, Throt.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 16, 2024

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Great book of grudges is putting out some good stuff. Empire rework details here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6mhpZb4G2U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULJDcyiqu90

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I think the reason why I hate the chaos wastes and will probably not enjoy epidemius is that you are facing so much chaos and daemons for a long time.

By the time you become a threat to kislev or the empire, you are in doom stack territory.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Unit previews from Zerkovich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFTRScf7cbY

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Slayer lord and hero are here.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Great book of grudges is putting out some good stuff. Empire rework details here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6mhpZb4G2U

New underrated Karl thing: "Conclave of Light" tech option that enables diplomacy between all Bretonnia, Kislev, Cathay, High Elves and Dwarf factions on the map, discovered or not

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

500 prestige to get 1 surplus growth in a settlement is huge. That's like a 20-turn acceleration on a T4 -> T5 upgrade.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Way back in rome total war you could hold down alt to change a units weapons if they had multiple, the only problem was it wasn't explained well the stat differences, if a unit had multiple weapon types or even about the alt functionality, now adays it's just for telling ranged units to melee but telling your cataphracts to pull out one handed weapons would just tear through everything in melee.

They really should implement something like that for black orcs, one handed and two handed modes.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Karl no longer getting trespass penalties is actually huge because of the dumb way they made this game, last Karl game I played I revived Stirland from being dead to vampires by recapturing their capital city and giving it to them in a event, they immediately had -100 relations with me because of Karl trespassing outside the city with no movement while melting to vampire attrition and they declared war on me.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Cpt_Obvious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULJDcyiqu90

Tzeentch whispers "this should have been me" and silently goes to cry in the corner. Mazdamundi and Teclis joins him after a while.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

Tzeentch whispers "this should have been me" and silently goes to cry in the corner. Mazdamundi and Teclis joins him after a while.

"High" Magic? Pssssssshaw

Knuckle down and specialize you twerps

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Lt. Lizard posted:

It's ok Teclis, someday they'll rework High Elves

I'm sorry Mazda I don't speak whatever the gently caress that is.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Very excited to play Franz where he can shout at a city and spawn a million babies and an army. Very excited to play Gelt too where I can apparently call down off-map magic artillery.

Perhaps most excited to throw a book of settled grudges at a legendary lord and take their poo poo.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

seems like an incredibly good update

wonder what stupid poo poo will be broken on release

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

goblin hewer, range 80

ammo 2

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

seems like an incredibly good update

wonder what stupid poo poo will be broken on release

Probably gonna break charge bonuses to do more charge damage against braced infantry somehow.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

what, 6 thousand damage isn't enough for you? Just reload with an engineer.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

To do list:

Hew some goblins
Maybe twice
Beg for more axes from new dwarf

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am excited to see turin take the goblin hewer into domination and just walk it to a point

RC01214
Apr 14, 2013
That goblin hewer has suspiciously good melee values and absurd missile damage. Maybe you are supposed to shoot off one volley and engage in glorious melee afterwards?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yep

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Look, it takes skilled dwarven smiths years to produce one beautifully-wrought, inlaid axe blade. Industrialization is trying to put honest craftdwarfs out of business by making them mass-produce cheap and disposable ammunition-grade axes.

You know where that line of thinking leads? The Chaos Dwarfs, who stopped hewing goblins and started employing them to mass-produce their ammunition, which is frankly crueller.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I don't want the dwarf DLC since it is all slayers

but I want a goblin hewer so bad

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Finally glad to see some representation in the warhams universe.

They finally made a juggalo legendary lord.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It's like that orange skink unit.

I'll definitely rage at least once after leaving fire at will on and wasting it on some chaff.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

RC01214 posted:

That goblin hewer has suspiciously good melee values and absurd missile damage. Maybe you are supposed to shoot off one volley and engage in glorious melee afterwards?

Yes, it has a ton of crew and turns into a slayer unit after the two volleys. That's been confirmed.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It sounds like the Goblin Hewer crew are basically a unit of Slayers, which is interesting.

I found a pic of the new FLC Gold Wizard on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/1c5h92d/gold_wizard_flc/

So the FLC is Epidemus and the new Wizard. I thought there was going to be a second FLC legendary character. Did I read wrong?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm going to lose so many battles with Gelt and ten wizards

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Third World Reagan posted:

I don't want the dwarf DLC since it is all slayers

but I want a goblin hewer so bad

You get Thunderbarges and grudgeraker thunderers too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

missed opportunity to put a goblin hewer on the underside of a thunderbarge