Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

jokes posted:

That gelt doomstack is amazing, lol

I love that he's just casually talking about efficiently producing wizards like he's running a wizard factor

Gelt's new mechanics include a wizard factory and ignoring hero caps for wizards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

TaintedBalance posted:

This is an odd read of that, especially since we're seeing the model in front of us right now. You can buy each of the faction updates separately and there is clearly not less going on in there. If anything, my main takeaway from it is we should be getting higher quality and more focused DLC that you can decide which parts you want to buy. Not sure if we'll get it on quicker timelines or if it will still feature as a bundle drop, but ToD sure makes it look like they took the correct lessons from the SoC debacle.

Yeah but these quotes were taken from the Looking Forward to ToD blog post a week ago, I don't think there's any other way to interpret it than "we're shifting gears a bit after this one"

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

I was talking about moving Malakai over to the Mountains of Mourn near Grimgor/Greasus/east of the Chorfs and the relevant enemies for the starting position compared to Kraka Drak. Katarin's start is fine, but hard, but Drycha is probably not going to bother Malakai that much. Ungrim's got that to deal with, sure.

E: and I like having Drycha there as Katarin. Deciding whether to wipe her out early or move back north sooner is fun. Malakai is going to potentially stabilize the entire north. She will have natural allies north, southeast, west, and southwest.

I haven't played IE Katarin for awhile but when I ever did it Drycha always wound up an ally because we both mostly have to immediately deal with heat from other factions we hate like orcs and vampires and Festus. I mean I'm sure that relationship score tanks eventually but..

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Caidin posted:

I haven't played IE Katarin for awhile but when I ever did it Drycha always wound up an ally because we both mostly have to immediately deal with heat from other factions we hate like orcs and vampires and Festus. I mean I'm sure that relationship score tanks eventually but..

Yeah you can ally with her or crush her quick to save the Ostermarkers and take more pressure off Ungrim.

The Empire building changes look great, both for players and especially the AI. I've been using a mod that gives the AI a building that has every unit on the roster for recruitment at the appropriate teir and I might not need to anymore. Briefly the blacksmith is removed making recruitment of many units simpler, all the artillery is down one tier (mortars are t2 and cannon etc are t3), and small guns are their own building, with pistoliers and free company at t1, handgunners and base war wagons are t2 and going from there. Heroes except mages seem like they are recruited at t2 with extra availability coming at t3, which is nice. Getting a captain or priest early just seems like a nice quality of life change. Witch hunters are also t2 coming from the same building you get handgunners so I might actually hire some instead of coming from the public order building at t3. Roads seem like they are missing from the minor settlements so I'm really hoping they are moved to major settlements and are province-wide.

E: vvv and then use it as a springboard to take Sylvania and sell Ostermark back to whoever for more profit than it could ever make you.

I want the Sisters of Sigmar landmark from the Sigmar's Heirs mod to apply to all human factions. :(

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 17, 2024

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Crush Drycha and take Ostermark for yourself

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Mortars and war wagons being t2 and pistoliers t1 is great for getting some variety going early on

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

The entire dwarf roster is shifted down a tier earlier it seems as well. I’m super happy for the AI. Early game miner armies running around was pretty dumb to see.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Twigand Berries posted:

The entire dwarf roster is shifted down a tier earlier it seems as well. I’m super happy for the AI. Early game miner armies running around was pretty dumb to see.

Lol youd see it into midgame too, it was really weird! This is def a good move

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah you can ally with her or crush her quick to save the Ostermarkers and take more pressure off Ungrim.

The Empire building changes look great, both for players and especially the AI. I've been using a mod that gives the AI a building that has every unit on the roster for recruitment at the appropriate teir and I might not need to anymore. Briefly the blacksmith is removed making recruitment of many units simpler, all the artillery is down one tier (mortars are t2 and cannon etc are t3), and small guns are their own building, with pistoliers and free company at t1, handgunners and base war wagons are t2 and going from there. Heroes except mages seem like they are recruited at t2 with extra availability coming at t3, which is nice. Getting a captain or priest early just seems like a nice quality of life change. Witch hunters are also t2 coming from the same building you get handgunners so I might actually hire some instead of coming from the public order building at t3. Roads seem like they are missing from the minor settlements so I'm really hoping they are moved to major settlements and are province-wide.

E: vvv and then use it as a springboard to take Sylvania and sell Ostermark back to whoever for more profit than it could ever make you.

I want the Sisters of Sigmar landmark from the Sigmar's Heirs mod to apply to all human factions. :(

T2 handgunners with no blacksmith requirement is making me salivate. Festus is so completely goddamn hosed

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Rough details on the Nemesis Crown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoqsM0DggVs

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Day 2: Still loving hyped

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So if the Goblin Hewer does very high damage and has a very low ammo supply, wouldnt that mean goblins are basically the very last thing you want to hew with the Goblin Hewer?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Excuse me?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This hews the goblin

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Dr Christmas posted:

So if the Goblin Hewer does very high damage and has a very low ammo supply, wouldnt that mean goblins are basically the very last thing you want to hew with the Goblin Hewer?

no kill like overkill mate

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Look chief, they asked for something that kills goblins. No one said how killed they wanted the goblins so you default to extremely killed.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
How many goblins could a goblin hewer hew, if a goblin hewer could hew goblins?

A: Not enough

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Twigand Berries posted:

Dwarf Warriors come from the settlement building at level 1 now which is very welcome. Will also save me from dealing with all the dumbass AI miner armies because they didn't build a barracks

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

saw someone have like 10 settlements and be in the darkland by turn 15 with easy dwarf warriors

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yeah it's going to rule. Also going to make dealing with the dwarfs very early on an absolute bastard because Warriors are extremely solid

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

early game chorfs is gonna suck against that, so I am now hyped for chorfs

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So basically Grudge Settler units are just gonna be Better, sort of like lizard man blessed spawns?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

kazuuk

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
laughing while recruiting Nasty Skulkers

time is a flat circle, dawi

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Doomykins posted:

laughing while recruiting Nasty Skulkers

time is a flat circle, dawi

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Dr Christmas posted:

I think what's going on with it's ammo and damage count is that it just puts a poo poo ton of shots into the area per "ammo", so it is in fact perfect for hewing goblins. Because it hews goblins. Aka, the Goblin Hewer.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TaintedBalance posted:

I think what's going on with it's ammo and damage count is that it just puts a poo poo ton of shots into the area per "ammo", so it is in fact perfect for hewing goblins. Because it hews goblins. Aka, the Goblin Hewer.

Yeah, streamers have shown that it's a giant shotgun perfect for deleting hordes of light infantry that you don't think deserve to be on the battlefield.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Cythereal posted:

Yeah, streamers have shown that it's a giant shotgun perfect for deleting hordes of light infantry that you don't think deserve to be on the battlefield.

Best of all after it's done you have a unit of slayers. Or Malakai can give it more ammo

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

maybe techs will up ammo count too?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
There any footage of the Hewer?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mordja posted:

There any footage of the Hewer?

It was in a couple of the content creators yesterday covering the dwarfs. Pick whichever one you find most tolerable.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Most ammo techs and skills are like +5% which isn't going to do anything to the Hewer

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Ammo sounds like an elgi thing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wow the dwarf rework looks great, more reasons to go beat people up, elite units, an actual loving underway teleport system if you rebuild the karaz ankor, lord confed/collection mechanics.

I like the faction already but this looks like it's gonna be super fun to play with.

Also two range booster techs for thunderers lol.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

still gonna laugh so hard if ghost dad can just take the underway system to karak 8 peks

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Third World Reagan posted:

still gonna laugh so hard if ghost dad can just take the underway system to karak 8 peks

I had a brief exchange with Elijah Wood last week and I keep kicking myself for not asking him why he didn’t just ride the eagles to Mt. Doom.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Think Dorfs and Empire might finally supplant Brets and Tomb Kings for favorite warhammer 3 races tbh

*please* have malakai be an annoying-rear end slayer horde with flying battleships CA

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My only concern is I think they dropped the dwarf tech that gives all infantry +10% speed, that combined with Grombrindals ultimate personal skill let's my dwarf warriors very slightly outpace dark elf shades

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

Think Dorfs and Empire might finally supplant Brets and Tomb Kings for favorite warhammer 3 races tbh

*please* have malakai be an annoying-rear end slayer horde with flying battleships CA

Malakai isn't a horde faction but he gets a Black Arks-esque personal horde building. Also discounts to flying machines and artillery. So, yes, he can do that.

I suppose the Kraka Drak dwarves mod will have to move him, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Third World Reagan posted:

Most desired things to play

Marius Wulfberg teaches lizardmen the basics of fire arms

I didn’t even consider all the additional firepower that can now be exported to Lustria. Let them laugh at the war wagons, the landships are on their way.