Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXrpo9eP88

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Caidin posted:

My only concern is I think they dropped the dwarf tech that gives all infantry +10% speed, that combined with Grombrindals ultimate personal skill let's my dwarf warriors very slightly outpace dark elf shades

On the plus side you can now hunt them down with swarms of flamethrower gyrocopters.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Ravenfood posted:

Malakai isn't a horde faction but he gets a Black Arks-esque personal horde building. Also discounts to flying machines and artillery. So, yes, he can do that.

I suppose the Kraka Drak dwarves mod will have to move him, though.

cataph being pummeled by CA.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

Rough details on the Nemesis Crown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoqsM0DggVs

He's slightly mistaken here. The first bonus is different for either each race or faction, not sure which. Loremaster of Sotek showed it with Epidemius and the first bonus was reduced immunity time if I remember right.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/1c6j4r9/dwarf_units_with_shields_now_have_shieldwall_from/

Just gonna leave this here. Ironbreakers (at least) get shieldwall which, near as I can tell, means their missile block chance can apply to artillery as well.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They've made gyrocopters units of like 10+. I don't really like this because they're meant to be rare. They should have just fixed the amount of damage they do to be reasonable.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Ravenfood posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/1c6j4r9/dwarf_units_with_shields_now_have_shieldwall_from/

Just gonna leave this here. Ironbreakers (at least) get shieldwall which, near as I can tell, means their missile block chance can apply to artillery as well.

Based on the third image, I think you can eventually unlock it for DWs and Longbeards, too

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Kazzah posted:

Based on the third image, I think you can eventually unlock it for DWs and Longbeards, too

Looking further, I think the plating ability is unique to Ironbreakers (they get Shieldwall of Gromril) and the other ones get Shieldwall, which gives the mass and missile defense buffs. +20 block and +10 resist is nothing tk sneeze at.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

JBP posted:

They've made gyrocopters units of like 10+. I don't really like this because they're meant to be rare. They should have just fixed the amount of damage they do to be reasonable.

*fills an army with 19 ultra rare solo elite doom monsters*

can't wait for dawi air force to be a viable army build, they're already fun and stupid, make them stupid fun CA.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doomykins posted:

can't wait for dawi air force to be a viable army build, they're already fun and stupid, make them stupid fun CA.

I'm happy with making an airforce or filling the army with them, they just look a bit silly now being a swarm of tiny little copters when they could have done work on their damage and targeting but I suppose :effort:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah fair, though I may enjoy having a swarm of lil piranha copters doing their goofy melee attack a little too much.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am excited for the mods to come where there are dwarven air units that just hew goblins

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

the gyrocopter was a happy byproduct of an attempt to create a vertical axe hewer

alternatively there will be elite gyrocopters that attach more axes to the copter blades

dwarven engineering is very adventurous and encouraging if you stick to tradition

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Defeat Traits:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Doomykins posted:

* builds an army of 20 Steam Tanks despite there only being 6 that still run * (or however many there actually are)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ad090 posted:

Defeat Traits:

Those are some very nice defeat traits.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Those seem a little broken tbh

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Betraying Elsbeth so Karl can get the good grenade outriders

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

That Elspeth trait coupled with Gelts reworked unique skill that also boosts Helstorm blast radius. Mmm...yesss.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
wonder if the new nuln ironsides can be used as line infantry now (probably not)

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
ok but show me the AI and balance changes to give the game any challenge whatsoever after turn 20

As cool as these reworks and content additions are, they're also taking some of the very few difficult starts left in the game and making them vastly easier.

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

Francis posted:

ok but show me the AI and balance changes to give the game any challenge whatsoever after turn 20

As cool as these reworks and content additions are, they're also taking some of the very few difficult starts left in the game and making them vastly easier.

Yeah, I really do miss them leaning into the hard starts. I like feeling like I'm constantly sinking with Franz or Katarin. I way preferred the old Beastmen too, where it felt like I actually had to do hit and runs before a superior force showed up to scuttle me. Now they're just OP in a way that isn't very engaging.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Francis posted:

overpowered poo poo sells DLC

the TW player base at heart just wants to easily crush the AI

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Summon the elector counts and have them concoct a case against Elspeth for crimes against the empire.

E: also yeah the reason I like playing Karl is that it's a total nightmare. The changes sound like it will be a lot smoother. I actually didn't mind that other parts of the empire would get lovely at me for travelling through their lands without a permit because they're all petty idiots.

JBP fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 18, 2024

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

How to make the game harder

make over powered DLCs
play as a faction near them instead

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ostankya is super OP and the campaign is hard as poo poo. You can do both.

I'm interested to see how the empire changes actually affect the game start. You're still going to get smashed by many other strong factions. The gunnery changes seem like they'll make Festus a much smaller threat (if you've got the economy).

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
You can always start up one something like Khalida and bang an early Tomb King roster against lizardmen and Thoreks souped up tier 1

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Indypride with the first Tamurkhan battle gameplay posted, I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMZf7LIvUPw

DLC team is absolutely cooking with the new Nurgle animations, holy poo poo. I feel like they started by making a list of the grossest things they've ever seen their pets do and were told to replicate them exactly

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Third World Reagan posted:

How to make the game harder

make over powered DLCs
play as a faction near them instead

The problem is that this DLC probably makes Katarin's start a ton easier in the same way that for awhile Franz' got harder for every DLC and there isn't much you can do about that.

WH1 style chaos invasion when.

E: I guess the thing I can do is mods. Unnatural selection should/could help to make the chaos factions monsters.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 18, 2024

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
There are some pretty brutal starts on some modded factions if you're looking for a challenge. Clan verms from the skaven clans mod is really tough, as is the cult of mannan from the marienburg mod with IEE.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
war dec everyone if you're so badass

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Dr Christmas posted:

So if the Goblin Hewer does very high damage and has a very low ammo supply, wouldnt that mean goblins are basically the very last thing you want to hew with the Goblin Hewer?

The goblins are just ablative armor for the units behind them

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

das hipster posted:

The goblins are just ablative armor for the units behind them

Except if they're Gromlins then they're tier 5 monsters.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Caidin posted:

My only concern is I think they dropped the dwarf tech that gives all infantry +10% speed, that combined with Grombrindals ultimate personal skill let's my dwarf warriors very slightly outpace dark elf shades

I'm almost positive they did not.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

TaintedBalance posted:

I'm almost positive they did not.

I was watching a video where someone hovered over all the dwarf techs and didn't see it. Slayers got a 20% speed tech but not for infantry in general.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Epidemius actually does look like a challenging start, he surrounded by hostile lords that are absolutely better than him on the battlefield

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ad090 posted:

Defeat Traits:

killing tamurkhan with 5 lords for +5 global recruitment slots and +15 of every hero

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 18, 2024

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
people are unironically complaining about that and as it turns out there's no such thing as balance when complete loving nerds minmax everything interesting you can do and screech about how broken and easy the game is

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I've never bothered farming lords for their traits, but even if that one doesn't stack with itself I think it's the strongest in the game by a good margin. I think there's no way it'll make it to release with those numbers, it's just funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Honestly, rather than nerfing down the more powerful defeat traits, I'd prefer if they buffed up some of the weaker ones. Some of the older LLs' defeat traits are extremely unexciting, or so niche as to be effectively useless.