Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Cute!!:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I bet the Empire DLC sells more than the Dwarf and Nurgle ones combined

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

AnEdgelord posted:

Dark Elves are the designated Lawful Evil faction, they are the only villain faction that gets to play around with themes of organized societal evil as opposed to the loose knit warbands of Chaos and Orcs or the singular leader and a horde of mindless or semi-mindless puppets of the Undead. Chaos Dwarfs play in this space too but they weren't even in the game for several editions so Dark Elves got the niche all to themselves.

Plus who doesn't love goth girls in bikinis with knives?

Preppy girls in robes with staves?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Preppy girls in robes with staves?

The tomboys in comfortable clothes with bows don't especially care either way, so long as they aren't bothered.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh wait is the Elspeth thing not free?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

No, but it's cheap because you can get the new dlcs separately. You will get all the general empire rework stuff free tho. There is a free 2nd nurgle lord too because nobody gives a poo poo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was going to ask why I can't have dwarfs in bikinis with knives but that's basically what a slayer is.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

JBP posted:

No, but it's cheap because you can get the new dlcs separately. You will get all the general empire rework stuff free tho. There is a free 2nd nurgle lord too because nobody gives a poo poo.

Oh no I'm not falling that poo poo. See you all next dlc

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Falling for what? It's good that you can just get the thing you want instead of buying two lords you don't want imo.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Falling for what..?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

What? What poo poo would you be falling for here since they gave been pretty open about pricing and what you get in the DLC and why would you expect a lord, legendary hero, 5 units, and an ikit-esque workshop to be free? And if you are only interested in one or two factions' DLC, you can just get those instead of getting all three.

E: you do get the Franz and Gelt changes for free, plus all the other Empire tweaks.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 26, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The last DLC burnt a lot of people. It was really bad. This looks good tho so I'm forgiving CA for their sins and buying empire and the dwarf

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Is the thing we’re not falling for being able to pay less than usual for more than usual…?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

JBP posted:

The last DLC burnt a lot of people. It was really bad. This looks good tho so I'm forgiving CA for their sins and buying empire and the dwarf

Same. I like that I can skip the Nurgle stuff I'll never play and get the dwarfs and empire that I will.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is the thing we’re not falling for being able to pay less than usual for more than usual…?

ive had some dumbass be all "actually they divided the dlc into multiple parts because a business analyst suggested it and not out of the goodness of their hearts" at me when i was wondering out loud why they were down on the dlc split pricing, to which i went yes, no poo poo, they are a business

this fanbase is fuckin stupid, man

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Gort posted:

I bet the Empire DLC sells more than the Dwarf and Nurgle ones combined

Easily, I'm not planning on picking up the Nurgle one at all. CA probably could have spared themselves all those layoffs by just blasting out Empire DLCs.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Empire: Total War 2: Warhammer 4

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

I was going to ask why I can't have dwarfs in bikinis with knives but that's basically what a slayer is.

Sometimes less :tutbutt:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
CA did the best of both worlds. They relaxed the pricing a bit and added options for targeted purchasing AND they busted rear end to make the dlc worth more.

We could argue that knocking $2.08 off $25 isn't a big deal but it's part of the overall good faith efforts that combos with the content being more robust.

There's nothing to fall for unless, I suppose, you buy each individual DLC over time and overpay.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doomykins posted:

There's nothing to fall for unless, I suppose, you buy each individual DLC over time and overpay.

You get the discounted price if you already own one or more.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Radical. I'm still not into SoC due to low TW interest and low LL interest but Throne is looking like a first day buy.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I might buy Malakai. Only interesting one imo, though Elspeth's armoury stuff is kinda cool. The free dwarf update is way more interesting than any of the DLC though

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Oh, that's neat. Along with Gotrek and Felix now being permanent legendary heroes (presumably still available for all Order factions), one of Felix's skills gives you (not clear if it's his army or the whole faction) immunity to diplomatic penalties from trespassing.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I imagine it will just be his army. It'd be cool if he removed the allies unit limit as well but god knows what unforseen consequences that would have (17 allied thunderbarges!).

Also a question I hope doesn't make me look too stupid, but the Empire update stuff said the "Summon the Elector Counts" button does some new fun stuff... does that mean that button has always been there (doing something else) but I just never noticed?

I will want the Empire update, and probably the dwarfs, and at that point I might as well buy all three, wouldn't get the most out of the FLC lord if I don't... very cunning...

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Marmaduke! posted:

I imagine it will just be his army. It'd be cool if he removed the allies unit limit as well but god knows what unforseen consequences that would have (17 allied thunderbarges!).

Also a question I hope doesn't make me look too stupid, but the Empire update stuff said the "Summon the Elector Counts" button does some new fun stuff... does that mean that button has always been there (doing something else) but I just never noticed?

I will want the Empire update, and probably the dwarfs, and at that point I might as well buy all three, wouldn't get the most out of the FLC lord if I don't... very cunning...
It used to immediately give you 1 of every elector unit on a 20 turn cooldown or something. Mostly it was good for a real emergency army of all elector units, hitting the button, and doing it again. It was pretty useless with the 1 unit cap. Fortunately, that's also being modified.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

It's way cooler now. Though it will also be pretty funny to panic and hit that and realise you just teleported the armies away from other frontlines

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Oh wow yeah I never even noticed it. Time to bust out a KF campaign, once more unto the breach!

grobbo
May 29, 2014
"Balance" and "lore" be damned, they should have given Nurgle vomit-mortars or trebuchets that fire diseased cattle or Carnival of Chaos Nurgling cannons or something fun and long-ranged so you aren't always having to very slowly shamble everywhere before your very slow melee combat can begin.

'We tweaked plagues and cyclical buildings and here, have another pair of slow but durable melee lords and uh, uh, uh, Pestigor! They're slow but durable!' just lacks a certain je ne sais quoi at this point

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
It's very funny to me GW shot down the idea of dwarf engineer gyrocopter mounts but had no problem with the entirety of the Amethyst armory lmao :allears:

I guess someone had to take up the Arghy mantle.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Arghy is a legendary hero in the DLC.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Is this thing only going up for sale on the day or something?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

grobbo posted:

"Balance" and "lore" be damned, they should have given Nurgle vomit-mortars or trebuchets that fire diseased cattle or Carnival of Chaos Nurgling cannons or something fun and long-ranged so you aren't always having to very slowly shamble everywhere before your very slow melee combat can begin.

The chorfs are right there, go make friends and get their guns.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Cythereal posted:

The chorfs are right there, go make friends and get their guns.

The new nurgle dude can get them from a faction mechanic! He can get stinkified dudes from a few races, including chorfs with guns.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

grobbo posted:

'We tweaked plagues and cyclical buildings and here, have another pair of slow but durable melee lords and uh, uh, uh, Pestigor! They're slow but durable!' just lacks a certain je ne sais quoi at this point

Nurgle is currently my favorite faction even before the update but I also like gun line factions. I'm glad there are different factions. I'm glad there arre the Empire and Dark Elf factions that I never ever play (although I might finally!) and I'm glad there are factions for everybody!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I can't loving wait to play Karl Franz again.

Since I'm waiting on the rework and avoiding the Empire I've been tinkering with a Fateweaver campaign. Once you get rid of Oxyotl you're kind of free to do whatever the hell you want. He's a bastard though and your early game stacks aren't well equipped to deal with dinosaurs. Still, better than it was pre-DLC and Shadows of Change did add some important units. Tzaangors are so good even after their armor got nerfed and offer a solid early game front line or vanguard flankers depending on how you want to use them. They get phased out eventually, but I think there's always a spot for them in secondary/defensive stacks. Fateweaver himself ascends to become an army killer though it takes a little while. The Tzeentch mechanics also mean you can just turn off aggressive factions and pull all sorts of bullshit. It's fun. For whatever reason, the Changeling doesn't appeal to me as much as a giant screaming bird that shoots fire everywhere.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Since I'm waiting on the rework and avoiding the Empire I've been tinkering with a Fateweaver campaign. Once you get rid of Oxyotl you're kind of free to do whatever the hell you want. He's a bastard though and your early game stacks aren't well equipped to deal with dinosaurs. Still, better than it was pre-DLC and Shadows of Change did add some important units. Tzaangors are so good even after their armor got nerfed and offer a solid early game front line or vanguard flankers depending on how you want to use them. They get phased out eventually, but I think there's always a spot for them in secondary/defensive stacks. Fateweaver himself ascends to become an army killer though it takes a little while. The Tzeentch mechanics also mean you can just turn off aggressive factions and pull all sorts of bullshit. It's fun. For whatever reason, the Changeling doesn't appeal to me as much as a giant screaming bird that shoots fire everywhere.

Beelining for the new anti-large lords and heroes really helps against Oxy and the other lizards, especially once they get their flying discs and more or less become fire and forget murder missiles against any mounted lord or monster

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

grobbo posted:

A thing that bugged me about the trailer is that they showed a bunch of green blob projectiles flying around, but they don’t seem to be associated with anything, unless his special Chorf character unlocks them.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Safety Factor posted:

For whatever reason, the Changeling doesn't appeal to me as much as a giant screaming bird that shoots fire everywhere.

I think you pretty much summed up the reason perfectly well.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

grobbo posted:

They literally gave Nurgle everything they needed to get into a good place, what a bad post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Stuff from the Q&A:

First of all, they confirmed another Empire DLC is planned:

quote:

Sean: (Wizard Lords) were considered yes, when we build the roster for our DLCs we look at every available option for the culture. We decided to focus on the engineer aspect of the pack to really tie Elspeth's position as the Legendary Lord leading Wissenland & Nuln, its important that we get the theme right when building up the rosters, and there have been times in the past when the units, heroes, lords on offer didnt make the most thematic sense - we are confident that the units added in this pack do make sense for each of our Legendary Lords. In the future though there are other parts of the Empire roster remaining that may have a stronger thematic tie together.

- Roadmap or a conversation about future content coming after the DLC releases, not immediately on release.
- They're open to the possibility of continuing with the ToD purchase model depending on reception
- They're thinking about adding new campaign options to make campaigns harder, especially regarding confederation
- The Grudge Settler version of the Gyros have trollhammer torpedos
- Unlikely to add more formations for the foreseeable future, given they require animation work
- They're planning on doing more with Skrolk to better sell the fantasy
- "We will be addressing some more siege-adjacent topics after the release of Throne of Decay, starting with Ladders"
- Beastmen will be getting Pestigors. Warriors of Chaos will be getting Rot Knights and Bile Trolls (with other Nurgle units being given as Gifts of Chaos). Daemons of Chaos will be getting all of the Daemonic RoR units.
- They want Beastmen to get Khorne Minotaurs in the future
- Daniel can pick up the Nemesis Crown, unlike the Sword of Khaine
- No new regions for IE this patch, there are a few planned for 6.0
- They're doing some background work to get cross-culture confederation to work (so that a Nurgle faction can confederate Festus, for example)
- Thunderbarge's getting its Afterburner nerfed after release to make it much less oppresive and/or make it so MP folks don't have to issue a blanket ban on its use

Lastly, Rich had a picture of halfling models as its profile pic (same person who teased the hot pot catapult on one of the latest blog posts pre ToD reveal). Unless I'm mistaken this is the lead dev who handles the DLC team so :v: