Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Please let ghosts walk through walls lol. Get Casper off the loving ladders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Well, if it has become standard practice to nerf overpowered stuff after release it looks like we can finally discard that crazy pre order discount lol

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dr Christmas posted:

A thing that bugged me about the trailer is that they showed a bunch of green blob projectiles flying around, but they don’t seem to be associated with anything, unless his special Chorf character unlocks them.

It's a bound spell for Tamurkhan, he has a projectile vomit barrage.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DaysBefore posted:

Please let ghosts walk through walls lol. Get Casper off the loving ladders

Gonna gat my own walls down because a ghost glitched out inside the wall

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Halflings confirmed. :guinness:

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Dr Christmas posted:

A thing that bugged me about the trailer is that they showed a bunch of green blob projectiles flying around, but they don’t seem to be associated with anything, unless his special Chorf character unlocks them.

Aren't those just Nurgle soul grinder projectiles?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Azran posted:

- The Grudge Settler version of the Gyros have trollhammer torpedos

lol hell yes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just give the dwarfs an Mi-17 with full rocket racks.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Doomykins posted:

Honestly just a final Empire DLC all about Franz, the guy who 98% of the player base plays compulsively and exclusively would be a big deal.

Or, better yet, an Empire-specific mini-campaign along the lines of The Old World mod, with every race represented. I will never let the dream of Schwarzhelm LL die.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Doomykins posted:

lazy dwarfs, which are already just short, fat elves

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
I know everyone wants Kuresh and Ind, but I hope we get an extra strip of chaos wastes. It's really cramped, especially after throwing two more lords up there. And being able to hit most settlements from 'safe' climate feels, I don't know, insufficiently hostile I guess.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Ravenfood posted:

It used to immediately give you 1 of every elector unit on a 20 turn cooldown or something. Mostly it was good for a real emergency army of all elector units, hitting the button, and doing it again. It was pretty useless with the 1 unit cap. Fortunately, that's also being modified.

What the actual gently caress,I've played like a billion KF campaigns and didn't know this existed

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Francis posted:

I know everyone wants Kuresh and Ind, but I hope we get an extra strip of chaos wastes. It's really cramped, especially after throwing two more lords up there. And being able to hit most settlements from 'safe' climate feels, I don't know, insufficiently hostile I guess.

Expanding the eastern part of the wastes would be nice for new Norsca stuff or even some minor hobgoblin faction.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
chaos wastes sucks

all daemons all the time and maybe an elf or lizard

put tomb kings up there

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I feel like there should be a random smattering of Greenskins up in the Chaos Wastes just because you can plausibly put them anywhere on the map.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
i decided to pre-patch do some wood elves as apparently i never actually did the sisters campaign

i am abruptly reminded how much i hate IE sieges, jesus christ the fight against the intro-dark elves just would not end

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cranappleberry posted:

lazy dwarfs, which are already just short, fat elves

Short?!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Elves!?!?!?!?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i am going to kill all elves with my axe wielding psychopathic blimp rider freak army. all other objectives shall be ignored.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What other objectives are there? The one saving grace for high elfs is that their flame phoenixes and dragons are perfect additions to the Empire roster, ensuring the elfs have a captive settlement within my borders at all times.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

A follow-up on my Repanse game, but after deciding to go look for where to crusade next after the desert, I discovered the Old World is mostly rules by Bretonnia and the Wood Elves already, who are in full alliance with each other. All of Bretonnia, the mountains, the southern old world and the southern empire belongs to the four big Bretonnian and Wood Elf factions, who are fighting against Chaos to the North (the king already took Albion). I'm trying to decide between marching all the way to Kislev to find Chaos enemies to fight or just turning around and sailing for the donut or even Naggarond.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
For the record, the legendary grudges for the dwarfs are, at least at the moment:

Conquer Ulthuan
Conquer Norsca
Conquer the Badlands
Conquer the Southlands
Wipe out the dark elves
Wipe out the wood elves
Wipe out the skaven (and Skarsnik) and control Karak Eight Peaks
Wipe out the chaos dwarfs and Grimgor
Take the Silver Pinnacle and build the new monument building there

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

i decided to pre-patch do some wood elves as apparently i never actually did the sisters campaign

i am abruptly reminded how much i hate IE sieges, jesus christ the fight against the intro-dark elves just would not end

if you hate sieges, you should cheese them. Dodge around the enemy with a fast, single entity then capture a point then head to the second point and do the same. Sometimes you have to recap the first point.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
doesn't work with flying units and some units have more weight than others.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Playing as Durthu, I had Kemmler attack an undefended Vaul's Anvil with a full stack (including 4 Black Coaches).
By the end, I had 4 ranged units with about 5 ammunition each and a very damaged unit of Wardancers, and Krell was the only enemy left. And we still had to get him down to a little less than half-health (each ranged unit running around frantically) before Army Losses kicked in :stonklol:

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I was playing Kairos in IE and his campaign is so loving bad. Starting in chaos Antartica, possibly the worst designed area in the entire IE map. It's a huge, long strip of land that takes like 10 turns to travel end to end. You have to spend a shitload of turns sending your one army west to get rid of Oxyotl or he'll just be backstabbing you forever. Then you sail north into Lustria or not-Africa and it's ten million lizard stacks that hate you, as far as the eye can see.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Send Kairos east, have a generic lord sit on your capital and don't venture west at all, stock lord up with horrors and they'll hold long enough for Kairos to seize the rest and come back.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

uber_stoat posted:

i am going to kill all elves with my axe wielding psychopathic blimp rider freak army. all other objectives shall be ignored.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kairos also REALLY benefits from recruit defeated lords because you generally get access to Sarthoreal almost immediately

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Visually Nurgle has been a 10/10 in the game, gameplay-wise they have been close to a 2/10 with their gimmick of "oops all anvils" and doing it worse then factions like vampires who have better access to aoe damage/aoe healing/aoe buffs/actual hammers for the anvils.

Hopefully the new units and campaign mechanics will fix that and you'll no longer get a potential doomspiral with Ku'gath where if you don't play every battle perfectly in the first 20 turns you'll not have the money or options to recruit anything to replace the losses of weak nurglings.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Daemons were originally designed as an all-god faction. There aren't any good nurgle hammers because (on table top) they were to be used alongside daemonettes and skull crushers.

Which is why the daemon faction having the worst campagin mechanics is so loving frustrating. Let me make an all daemon army without 15 levels of devotion to 4 different gods!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Doesn't help that daemons have pretty low-ish leadership and if their leadership breaks their version of crumbling is much more a death sentence then if a skeleton was crumbling for several minutes.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I've lost so many slaanesh lords to the combo of low armor and instability it's such bullshit.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I've lost so many slaanesh lords to the combo of low armor and instability it's such bullshit.

Yeah but they like that

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Safety Factor posted:

Sometimes less :tutbutt:

If there's not a mod to put garagrim in a thong but there is one to put elspeth in one the first week of ToD I would be disappointed but not surprised :colbert:

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
skill issue

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXfH-HiqQKo

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Demons really should just get +10-15 flat leadership across the board, it's kinda weird how mortals are such a better frontline for leadership issues compared to the immortal demons that have their respective Gods watching over them.

Also surprised to hear they want to update Skrolk because he wasn't feeling thematic enough, it felt like the most skaveny skaven thing possible out of any playthrough of any skaven when I kept the lizardmen alive with one city in lustria in a permanent state of being weakened by plague and just being used for a source of food.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 27, 2024

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Visually Nurgle has been a 10/10 in the game, gameplay-wise they have been close to a 2/10 with their gimmick of "oops all anvils" and doing it worse then factions like vampires who have better access to aoe damage/aoe healing/aoe buffs/actual hammers for the anvils.

Hopefully the new units and campaign mechanics will fix that and you'll no longer get a potential doomspiral with Ku'gath where if you don't play every battle perfectly in the first 20 turns you'll not have the money or options to recruit anything to replace the losses of weak nurglings.

Plague Ogres, Bile Trolls and Rot Knights all look like hammers.

Edit: for clarity

A Perfect Twist fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Apr 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Skrolk needs to be all “Nurgle sempai~~:neckbeard:” or it’s a lost opportunity.