Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

A Perfect Twist posted:

Plague Ogres, Bile Trolls and Rot Knights are all hammers.

Yes, hammers and anti-large has been a big unnecessary hole in their roster for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Demons are actually little bitches that are more scared of you than you are of them because they actually know what happens when they fail, whereas for a mortal it's pretty much vibes for better or worse.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Also surprised to hear they want to update Skrolk because he wasn't feeling thematic enough, it felt like the most skaveny skaven thing possible out of any playthrough of any skaven when I kept the lizardmen alive with one city in lustria in a permanent state of being weakened by plague and just being used for a source of food.
Skrolk's plague focus was heavily depreciated the moment Kugath came onto the scene and seen by many as a missed opportunity.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Okay I'm trying a quick Karl Franz campaign to see what this "summon the elector counts" thing is. Just one thing... is it normal to start with a Clan Moulder undercity under Altdorf??! Also my archers have 179 range under a Huntsman general... this all feels very wrong...

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Apr 27, 2024

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
They probably want to rework Skrolk because if you survive the first 30 turns he is impossible to lose with.

1) Have a Plague ready
2) Declare war on enemy when at borders of their heart land
3) Plague their main stack/biggest city
4) Wait 4 turns
5) lmao AR
6) Consolidate your new territory, build stuff for 5 turns
7) Start moving to the next victim
8) Plague cooldown 15 turns with old, busted WH2 death attrition plagues of 5-10% forces lost per turn with literally no option to even preserve the units

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Marmaduke! posted:

Okay I'm trying a quick Karl Franz campaign to see what this "summon the elector counts" thing is. Just one thing... is it normal to start with a Clan Moulder undercity under Altdorf??! Also my archers have 179 range under a Huntsman general... this all feels very wrong...

The undercity is always there and huntsman generals make your archers very silly.

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!

Tirranek posted:

Skrolk needs to be all “Nurgle sempai~~:neckbeard:” or it’s a lost opportunity.

Nah, the Great Horned Rat is very much the antithesis of Nurgle, so that will probably never happen. Only if there's ever End Time DLC, but that's at least a couple of years away at minimum.

E: Also thank gently caress the Franz rework will actually make him a lot more playable. Though I'd love to see at least a little bit of a rework for my boy Markus Wolfhearts campaign, which while being able to pokemon different heroes is nice, I still wish his campaign got a little bit freshen up or have his Huntsman Generals slightly reworked.

TearsOfPirates fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 27, 2024

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
no skaven would ever look to anything that isnt skaven as their superior (that they will eventually supplant, seriously, it's gonna happen)

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

TearsOfPirates posted:

Nah, the Great Horned Rat is very much the antithesis of Nurgle, so that will probably never happen. Only if there's ever End Time DLC, but that's at least a couple of years away at minimum.

Oh cool I didn’t know that side of things. Maybe they’ll use the nurgle mechanics plus maybe gunnery school stuff to do the Liber Bubonicus.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
one of the legends is that the migrated skaven were infected by disease, starving and being hunted by velociraptors so they made a deal with an exalted plaguebearer they found trying to tap into the geomantic web.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hearing reports that the age of recokoning system scales in cost to how many factions you know

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Demons really should just get +10-15 flat leadership across the board, it's kinda weird how mortals are such a better frontline for leadership issues compared to the immortal demons that have their respective Gods watching over them.

Also surprised to hear they want to update Skrolk because he wasn't feeling thematic enough, it felt like the most skaveny skaven thing possible out of any playthrough of any skaven when I kept the lizardmen alive with one city in lustria in a permanent state of being weakened by plague and just being used for a source of food.

Well their whole thing is that they find it hard to exist in reality, so if you attack somewhere with low corruption they take a leadership hit.

Also I Iike it when a roster has holes in it, makes them all play slightly differently

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

not a bot posted:

The undercity is always there and huntsman generals make your archers very silly.

Thanks, glad that the game can still surprise me (though that undercity must've been present in all my last games, forever! Or maybe Hell Pit got wiped out early so it disappeared). Still can't see why my archers got +79 onto their range but never mind.

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 27, 2024

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

TearsOfPirates posted:

E: Also thank gently caress the Franz rework will actually make him a lot more playable. Though I'd love to see at least a little bit of a rework for my boy Markus Wolfhearts campaign, which while being able to pokemon different heroes is nice, I still wish his campaign got a little bit freshen up or have his Huntsman Generals slightly reworked.

The leader of clan Pestilens is named Lord Nurglitch and Skaven are so dumb and self absorbed that they somehow think there's no connection there

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Yeah, but the connection isn't literally to nurgle the God. Nurgle the word is connected to plague.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Third World Reagan posted:

Hearing reports that the age of recokoning system scales in cost to how many factions you know

I like that. The system as a whole is pushing you to pick more fights over little bs. Properly dwarfy

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The issue is that the cost is going up way too much

So like the cost to confederate a dwarf doubles if you find another dwarf faction

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ewXLRe3vJw

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ok, to confederate a LL dwarf, you need 15K points more than they have

He confederates a minor dwarf faction, and then he needs 30K points more than any LL to confederate them

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

thats too many points!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Skill issue

Grudge harder

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

you dwarfs certainly are a contentious people

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Third World Reagan posted:

Ok, to confederate a LL dwarf, you need 15K points more than they have

He confederates a minor dwarf faction, and then he needs 30K points more than any LL to confederate them

That sounds like something that would be pretty easily caught by playing the game and could be fixed by tweaking a few numbers (to reduce rate of scaling). Reminds me of the siege rework where it was pretty obvious from the previews no one involved actually likes or plays this game.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Bad grudge design? Better believe that's a grudge

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yeah the values seem pretty high. I'm totally fine with the top level Reckoning level being very hard to get but the lower levels seem to outscale reasonable way too fast

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Kairos also REALLY benefits from recruit defeated lords because you generally get access to Sarthoreal almost immediately

If you go north and take out Teclis with Kairos immediately you can vassalise and later confederate Sarthoreal as long as you save him before turn 3.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I know I'm days late but it's kind of interesting to hear Dogs of War namechecked so directly by CA in the Malakai vid, even if it was just a reference to where they got Slayer Pirates from.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They've made hints and there have been files related to Dogs of War and Monkey King, so even if more DLC got cancelled due to CA mismanagement, I'd be surprised if those didn't come at some point.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Next DLC

Slaanesh
Empire
Monkeys

Last DLC

Khorne
Empire
Norsca

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Empire dlcs forever

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Did any DLC actually get canceled or is this still just Union gossip

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DaysBefore posted:

Did any DLC actually get canceled or is this still just Union gossip

The numbers leaked would still be like 1-2 more years of DLC, so anything that even in theory got "cancelled" was nothing more than an idea

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think they'll cancel a bunch if sales dry up but ToD will probably do at least well enough to justify adding the 100th LL (Nagash? Thanquol?)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't know why CA would cancel their guaranteed source of continued income, especially after the Hyenas debacle. I'd bet even SoC did fairly well, at least after their make-good.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

If thrones sells well, which I think it will, everything is back on the table.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Mordja posted:

I don't know why CA would cancel their guaranteed source of continued income, especially after the Hyenas debacle. I'd bet even SoC did fairly well, at least after their make-good.

It sounds like it was still below expectations even with the make good, but I'd definitely buy it along with ToD if they put it on sale.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I think the thought is more CA is really not doing well, allegedly.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Gamerofthegame posted:

I think the thought is more CA is really not doing well, allegedly.

A 100 million dollar write-off will definitely do that.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Xx_ArchaonGaming_xX now reporting that Creative Assembly will be closing on Tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
p. weird that these are releasing in 2.5 days and you still can't preorder them tbh

I don't mind though because I like to wait a couple days for basic mod updates before playing anyway so certainly no reason to preorder