Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Ungrims max rank slayer bonuses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
60-speed inf is disgusting. How fast is the slowest cavalry in the game, low 70s?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh god what is the slowest cav

nurgle?
khorne?
boar boys?

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Look, if the grudge system isn't needlessly and counter-productively self-flagellating they didn't do their job.

The idea of the dwarfs taking a day trip to the empire and getting so big mad that a peasant called them short half a world away that the need for revenge consumes their entire empire is perfect.

The confederation thing could definitely use some tweaking. Minors don't count, some kind of bounding limit based on turn size, etc.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

rot knights are base 75 speed

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Third World Reagan posted:

Shame Gelt moved to Cathay or you could hunt his nerd rear end down and get some armour

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao dwarfs run faster than elfs

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

slowest cav in the game

pump wagons at 60
skullcrushers at 62
bull centaurs at 62
poxriders at 65
cold ones at 66
necropolis knights at 66
heavy war sleds at 66
ogre crushers at 75

not writing them all down, a lot of chariots in there, and then is a single chariot like a mortis engine cav? Eh

almost all cav are safe

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

death runners have a speed of 54

these things are faster than deathmaster snikch

and faster than daemonettes

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Grombrindal's ultimate personal skill gives +35% speed to his own army. Plus the infantry speed tech that gives +10%, the slayer tech in the new dwarf tech tree that gives +20%, maybe stop by and pants N'Kari at the doughnut since Grombrindal is encouraged to wander over there anyway for another 6% speed to everyone in his army, a Strollaz' Rune for another 20...

You could have a Slayer unit with 76 speed. 80 if you started as Ungrim and confederated Grombrindal afterwards.

Hell I don't recall what all I threw on him but I've made Grombrindal himself fast enough to run down Malakith on his Chariot once the rune master buff and Foe Seeker kicked on at once

Caidin fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 28, 2024

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
PUMP THOSE DWARVEN LEGS

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Doomykins posted:

PUMP THOSE DWARVEN LEGS

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Doomykins posted:

PUMP THOSE DWARVEN LEGS

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Doomykins posted:

PUMP THOSE DWARVEN LEGS

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Doomykins posted:

PUMP THOSE DWARVEN LEGS

A Dawi that knows to honor the ancestors

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Who is the ancestor god of cardio?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
let's see. a Rangers Broach, Troll Slayers Amulet, Slayer's bracers for 26% Speed, Master rune of passage character rune and Strollaz' banner rune for +45% bringing it to 71%. 2 points in Relentless and 1 in Age of Vengeance for another 50% so thats 121%. Let's just assume you can find time to pop N'kari and Tretch for their defeat skills for 18% combined, then just maybe you started as Ungrim for that last 10%.

149% of his base 32 is only 79.68, but with Foe Seeker and Rune of speed at once then that brings the White Dwarf to 102.08 speed for only 25 seconds.

If anyone can think of anything else to chuck in there, please chime in.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

got nothing to add

but plenty to subtract

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Whispering the words "Net of Amyntok meta" like an ancient curse

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Doomykins posted:

PUMP THOSE DWARVEN LEGS

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
my sisters of twilight game has ended weirdly at 30~ turns in, as morati has nine settlements and all of lustria to the south, aranessa is partying around by the great oak for some reason, brettonia and the dwarves around all died to goblins, vampires, and to a lesser extent team wood elf, and I can't complete most of the confederations and I have a spooky neighbor

sad.

OwlFancier posted:

lmao dwarfs run faster than elfs

determined dwarves

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Flavahbeast posted:

I think they'll cancel a bunch if sales dry up but ToD will probably do at least well enough to justify adding the 100th LL (Nagash? Thanquol?)

We're at 96 atm, at this point I very much doubt number 100 is going to be Nagash; that'd mean either the next dlc has Nagash in it (if they keep the 3-way format) or the one after.

AnEdgelord posted:

I know I'm days late but it's kind of interesting to hear Dogs of War namechecked so directly by CA in the Malakai vid, even if it was just a reference to where they got Slayer Pirates from.

If the DoW DLC isn't cancelled, we know we're getting Borgio and Lucrezzia as lords - CA added two database lines naming them when SoC released and then removed them in a hotfix.

wh3_dlc22_dog_inf_borgio_blood
wh3_dlc22_dog_infantry_hero_lucrezzia_belladonna_blood

Insurrectionist posted:

p. weird that these are releasing in 2.5 days and you still can't preorder them tbh

I don't mind though because I like to wait a couple days for basic mod updates before playing anyway so certainly no reason to preorder

That was on purpose apparently, given the backlash against the focus on preorders back when SoC launched.

Azran fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 28, 2024

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Azran posted:

We're at 96 atm, at this point I very much doubt number 100 is going to be Nagash; that'd mean either the next dlc has Nagash in it (if they keep the 3-way format) or the one after.

If the DoW DLC isn't cancelled, we know we're getting Borgio and Lucrezzia as lords - CA added two database lines naming them when SoC released and then removed them in a hotfix.

wh3_dlc22_dog_inf_borgio_blood
wh3_dlc22_dog_infantry_hero_lucrezzia_belladonna_blood

That was on purpose apparently, given the backlash against the focus on preorders back when SoC launched.

My money is on Counts with Neferata being in the next DLC, on account of the dwarfs in Thrones of Decay getting a legendary grudge to wipe out the Lahmian Sisterhood, take the Silver Pinnacle, and build a monument there, with the flavor text specifically calling out Neferata as the target.

It's the only legendary grudge that doesn't demand you wipe out multiple LL factions. Call me suspicious.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Movement speed is animation capped. Beyond a certain point buffs to movement speed don't do anything. I doubt slayers are going to benefit from fighting Nkari to get an extra 6%.

This is extra frustrating with modded units whose base speed is well above what their animations can support. Some of the dinosaurs in Jurassic Normal are trash because they move at half the speed shown on their unit card.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Third World Reagan posted:

at that point they're basically just Beastmen

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Cythereal posted:

My money is on Counts with Neferata being in the next DLC, on account of the dwarfs in Thrones of Decay getting a legendary grudge to wipe out the Lahmian Sisterhood, take the Silver Pinnacle, and build a monument there, with the flavor text specifically calling out Neferata as the target.

It's the only legendary grudge that doesn't demand you wipe out multiple LL factions. Call me suspicious.

Yeah, I can't imagine a Slaneeshi DLC without High Elves, but if they keep the 3-way format Slaneesh vs High Elves vs Lahmian vampires makes perfect sense.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Whose a good high elf to call in? And whats Neferata's focus as an LL likely to be?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Caidin posted:

Whose a good high elf to call in? And whats Neferata's focus as an LL likely to be?

Vampires and Subterfuge.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Yeah at this point my big problem with an elf DLC for Slaanesh is the Elves are all fine and have almost all their units, and there are like 30 High Elf and Dark Elf LLs at this point.

Sea Lord Aislinn is taking a spot from an actual useful LL drop.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

DLC is gonna be half elves and half slaanessh

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
But HEs have not gotten an overhaul in WH3, and having a lord that starts closer to Cathay for example would be nice. They are also not that much of a sea faring race, apart from being able to use the sea teleports one turn faster than others.

The Phoenix Court mod is really cool, because similarly to the coming dwarves rework, it gives you a mechanic to confederate the other HEs without having to play the diplo game. Plus you get their defeated lords if they were wiped out, as well as some cool thematic bonuses. Including factionwide buffs to human/dwarf/wood elf/lizardmen allied units, respectively.

Honestly, CA could simply port most of this mod to the real game and it would be fine.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Caidin posted:

Aislinn is the obvious choice; he was the leader* in the HE Storm of Chaos army list (same source as all the slayer units from this dlc) and all the missing units are thematically linked to him, since they're all navy/Lothern units and he's THE navy guy (Sea Helm, Lothern Sky Cutter, maybe Anointed of Asuryan and a Merwyrm). Honestly the amount of stuff they took from the Storm of Chaos book makes the next Empire dlc being Middenheim-themed go from very likely to near guaranteed.

Azran fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 28, 2024

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The Middenheim units are basically reskinned normal Empire units. A knightly orders DLC is equally likely imo, just chuck in the remaining two big knightly orders with some doggos and hurricanum. Hellborg and Schwarzhelm + Todbringer as FLC.

For HE, yeah, those seem to be the only units missing so it's difficult to see CA going any other route for them.

not a bot fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 28, 2024

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

KPC_Mammon posted:

Movement speed is animation capped. Beyond a certain point buffs to movement speed don't do anything. I doubt slayers are going to benefit from fighting Nkari to get an extra 6%.

This is extra frustrating with modded units whose base speed is well above what their animations can support. Some of the dinosaurs in Jurassic Normal are trash because they move at half the speed shown on their unit card.

It's real weird too, I dunno if the modders ever figured it out specifically, but the cap is more or less per animation, with it ranging from 50-100%, but some things can be quite silly. I've always meant to rigorously test this, but it's a pain in the rear end to do. Hopefully someone does at some point, and ideally figures out how to unfuck it. I'd take animations looking silly as hell as long as Ungrim is actually flying across the battlefield at 100 speed towards his doom!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So I know elspath will give her cannons grapeshot

it seems dwarves just have it now

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMe-60l02ik

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
That's a reward Malakai gets from completing the first or second adventure.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Doesn't that just make them better then flame cannons and organ guns in their role?

So long as it's singleplayer only it's fine.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

more like grapefruit shot really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the grapeshot is SP only because it comes from campaign effects. Wonder if modders will use things like the "running allowed for artillery." Would be very useful for things like Cataph's light cannons.