Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

do i need to own the new dlcs to get the new beastmen units?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!
E: misread the post.

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

do i need to own the new dlcs to get the new beastmen units?

I do believe so yes. SoC and Tamurkhan to be specific

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Cythereal posted:

One of his adventures (fighting the wood elves) gets him a choice of a major diplomatic bonus with either the Empire or Kislev.

Another adventure, I think the chorf one, lets him instantly buddy up with Cathay.

Malakai is pretty strongly incentivized to head south or east after clearing up his immediate surroundings, between his adventures and the legendary grudges.

One of the submissions needs you to get an alliance with kislev but I can't remember which adventure it was part of. I think it was the daemon one?

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
What does this even mean

quote:

Ancestor Rune

Number of Uses: 1 → -1
Active Time (Seconds): 25 → -1
Effect Range: 0 → 35
Number of Effected Friendly Units: 1 → -1 Phase Stats:
Effect Duration: 25 → -1
Fatigue Modifier %: 0 → -0.1

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Squibbles posted:

What does this even mean

Maybe it was made into a passive.

RC01214
Apr 14, 2013
Seems to reduce fatigue and be a aoe passive that affects the assigned unit instead of being an active ability.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
It was already a rune that you assign to a unit to reduce fatigue by 25% I think. Maybe just some cleanup of backend stuff?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am excited to see the reviews and replies on the front loaded dlc prices tomorrow

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

RC01214 posted:

Seems to reduce fatigue and be a aoe passive that affects the assigned unit instead of being an active ability.

-1 on effected units means it applies to all units in range. It's now an AOE passive for all units in range instead of an active ability.

RC01214
Apr 14, 2013

TaintedBalance posted:

-1 on effected units means it applies to all units in range. It's now an AOE passive for all units in range instead of an active ability.

Yes, missed that affected units was -1 instead of 1.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Missed this on the first pass through:

The Bordermen (Outriders (Grenade Launchers))

Number of Entities: 48 -> 60
Base Explosion Damage: 12 → 15
Armour Piercing Explosion Damage: 28 → 34

They were SO powerful already :wtf: :eek:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Squibbles posted:

Missed this on the first pass through:

The Bordermen (Outriders (Grenade Launchers))

Number of Entities: 48 -> 60
Base Explosion Damage: 12 → 15
Armour Piercing Explosion Damage: 28 → 34

They were SO powerful already :wtf: :eek:

Holy poo poo. If you could keep them alive they basically trivialized any amount of infantry you cared to send them against and now their damage got buffed and they're firing almost 33% more shots per volley? Goddamn

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I noticed all the daemon units all got across the board leadership buffs too. Should make them feel a bit more hardy if it take longer for them to destabilize.

Tzaangor are now also significantly cheaper in mp too, so they have a bit more of a niche when compared to warriors of tzeench.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npO4n782FbY

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the reviews are coming in. fuckin CA

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

Warhammer can do low fantasy, especially in the RPGs, but the setting as a whole is about as high fantasy as it gets.

Nah. It certainly isn't low fantasy, but unlike 40k, where it's near the top of mainstream sci fi in power, you can absolutely find well known properties that are much higher fantasy then mainstream WHFB. D&D (particularly certain settings, like Faerun), Wheel of Time, certain ages of LotR, just to name some very common ones. Or, to be rude, Age of Reckoning. :v:

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

LORE OF METAL!!!!!!

Pro click

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'd somehow missed this beforehand, but another issue with the Thunderbarge is apparently that it currently has basically infinite ammo for everything?

This is from Turin's MP testing stream, at the end of a battle where he just brought the 'Barge and Malakai, vs. a full Khorne army.

Its base starting ammo value is 140, so it somehow used up a whole 5 units of ammo amassing just shy of 600 kills. Wow, a whole 5.

Like, I'm kind of coming around to thinking this doesn't even seem particularly fun for campaign after the novelty of using a few times wears off, because it's literally "hide in woods, one unit deletes multiple armies worth of stuff."

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
No Toddy in ToD?!?!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

You need the Thunderbarge to amass enough grudge coins to not be a consistent failure during the ages of reckoning. Just send out dozens of Slayer Lords and attached blimp.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Kazzah posted:

No Toddy in ToD?!?!

THIS ACTION DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Lord Koth posted:

I'd somehow missed this beforehand, but another issue with the Thunderbarge is apparently that it currently has basically infinite ammo for everything?

This is from Turin's MP testing stream, at the end of a battle where he just brought the 'Barge and Malakai, vs. a full Khorne army.

Its base starting ammo value is 140, so it somehow used up a whole 5 units of ammo amassing just shy of 600 kills. Wow, a whole 5.

Like, I'm kind of coming around to thinking this doesn't even seem particularly fun for campaign after the novelty of using a few times wears off, because it's literally "hide in woods, one unit deletes multiple armies worth of stuff."

a bit of an unusual situation to be fighting an army with zero range or flying units. But still a crazy result. I wonder if the ammo is only for the big main gun or something that wasn't firing much? I dunno

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Lord Koth posted:

Apparently the MP population is low single digit % of active players. It will be fun for SP for the vast majority of people and thats a fine prioritization for CA to make. The MP community can ban it from tourneys if they care that much.

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 30, 2024

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Scott Forstall posted:

Apparently the MP population is low single digit % of active players. It will be fun for SP for the vast majority of people and thats a fine prioritization for CA to make. The MP community can ban it from tourneys if they care that much.

lol

they will balance around mp as always

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Don't wanna share my toys with the other kids, their mine and if I say the Thunderbarge has infinite ammo it does!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Minimum standards of quality and functionality aren't balancing for MP. As fun as it is to absolutely break this game in half I still appreciate the journey of getting to that point or the illusion of choice before I build 19 Necrofex Colossi. Having a literally broken infinite ammo army wiper is, hmm, a bit of a grudge-worthy offense. It's not like making the Thunderbarge have any actual counterplay will make it unusable.

The Queen Bess has ammo you raise a gun wight to cheese more of. Chorfs have some pretty tight unit cap and army cost restrictions at times. Skarbrand and N'kari can solo stacks but die if mispiloted. Ikit can't drop nukes every fight for free.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I fear the barge, tbqh.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Guns, Germs and Steel.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Squibbles posted:

a bit of an unusual situation to be fighting an army with zero range or flying units. But still a crazy result. I wonder if the ammo is only for the big main gun or something that wasn't firing much? I dunno

Apparently the balloon part of the Thunderbarge does not have a hitbox so projectiles only damage it if they hit the actual barge, while the turbo boost allows it to outrun all melee animations in the game.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

hopefully thats unintended because lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lord Koth posted:

"hide in woods, one unit deletes multiple armies worth of stuff."

A rare occurrence in total war warhammer 3.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
look, they're just ironing out the details and doing some testing for Kharadron airships in Total War: Warhammer: 4: Age of Sigmar: part 1

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Third World Reagan posted:

lol

they will balance around mp as always

Poor Ancient Salamander.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

The Gunslinger posted:

The AI must get reduced attrition or something because Louen is always loving around up there with multiple stacks despite the red climate on...everything. I never bother with it as Empire, I just leave some small defensive stacks to fend off raids while I clean everything up.

It's not hard to run around fighting in the Chaos Wastes now that armies can move around in the Encamp stance. Slows you down a bit, but the attrition is easily manageable as long as you don't get your rear end kicked.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The ai doesn't give a poo poo about attrition on any difficulty more or less.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I like how Brettonians find the desert (one that was magically purged of life no less) more agreeable than the supposed paradise of Ulthuan.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dr Christmas posted:

I like how Brettonians find the desert (one that was magically purged of life no less) more agreeable than the supposed paradise of Ulthuan.

They're an unholy conglomeration of the English and the French.

Paradise is not meant for the likes of them.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
lorewise ulthuan is basically like elden ring: beautiful, lush temperate climate that is so suffused with magic that it made the wildlife really big and scary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Lord Koth posted:

I think the ammo count on the unit card only counts the bombs from the dropping bay. Like the crane gunners on the sky junk, everything else has infinite ammo