Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Vizuyos posted:

Honestly, rather than nerfing down the more powerful defeat traits, I'd prefer if they buffed up some of the weaker ones. Some of the older LLs' defeat traits are extremely unexciting, or so niche as to be effectively useless.
What, you mean leadership aura size isn't exciting enough for beating Mazdamundi? Maybe go east and get +10 leadership at sea from Luthor Harkon. Or go all the way to Galleon's Graveyard and take out Noctilus for +5 Leadership when fighting against Vampire Coast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I was tooling around with wood elves. Grom was trying to kill off Carcassonne so I stepped in and his trait is terror against greenskins lol. Made the rest of the reclamation of Bretonnia very funny every time my elk cav charged.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hey now, we can go lower. How about Vlad giving a whole -4 Wound Recovery Time? And the TWW3 changes means you're getting this one instead of Isabella's super useful trait.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lord Koth posted:

Hey now, we can go lower. How about Vlad giving a whole -4 Wound Recovery Time? And the TWW3 changes means you're getting this one instead of Isabella's super useful trait.

The wound recovery thing is actually pretty good and funny on Ungrim because you can just go and do something dumb then respawn and gather a heap of slayers to have another go.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The animations look a bit better then Cathay's wardrum wardrum.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 18, 2024

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

JBP posted:

The wound recovery thing is actually pretty good and funny on Ungrim because you can just go and do something dumb then respawn and gather a heap of slayers to have another go.

Being eternally reborn sounds like a slayer's nightmare. Undead slayer would be a fun character.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

JBP posted:

Eh, for most playthroughs it's really not useful but yes it does have some fringe use. It was just a joking combo of most people not caring and the TWW3 changes meaning Isabella never normally appears as an LL any more.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lord Koth posted:

Eh, for most playthroughs it's really not useful but yes it does have some fringe use. It was just a joking combo of most people not caring and the TWW3 changes meaning Isabella never normally appears as an LL any more.

Yeah I'm just saying you can do some funny things with it, versus +5 leadership or whatever which you can't really have much gamey fun with.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Francis posted:

ok but show me the AI and balance changes to give the game any challenge whatsoever after turn 20

As cool as these reworks and content additions are, they're also taking some of the very few difficult starts left in the game and making them vastly easier.

Agree

I played Skrolk (without beelining for cheap Plague even) and it was pretty night and day clmpared to recent LLs...for the first 25 turns or so. By turn 60 nothing could stop me, as usual. The biggest issues are on the campaign map and diplomacy levels IMO rather than overpowered armies, I know people complain about anti-player bias but it was far better than what we have now. And the AI just doesn't seem to make as many armies as they should, the only dangerous factions based on army count tend to be waaghed-up GS.

E: I've been playing max campaign difficulty since WH2 and even back then another level up would have been nice, but nowadays I would argue even necessary. Or just redo the tiers a bit and up the difficulty at the top at least.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

toasterwarrior posted:

people are unironically complaining about that and as it turns out there's no such thing as balance when complete loving nerds minmax everything interesting you can do and screech about how broken and easy the game is

Yeah, it's not like someone is holding a gun to your head and making you farm one specific lord trait. It's a single player game and lord traits aren't even in mp. If you like abusing broken poo poo, go nuts. Otherwise, just ignore it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Like first time I played Chorfs I focused on bull centaurs, so a couple months ago I started up another campaign with the goal of using a lot of Dreadquake Mortars because he'll yeah flares making earthquakes

I ended up quitting before recruiting a single one because by the time the first settlement got to a tier high enough to recruit them the campaign was already so thoroughly and completely won I was just like 'what's the point' RIP

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
New Dumb Empire Plan: Get all Elector Counts/Legendary Lords Elspeth's defeat trait, including Markus, then Confederate Elspeth. And now I have too many terrible jokes to make so I will leave this post as is.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
plenty of mods out there to juice the AI, fwiw

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
A few days ago GW revealed female Adeptus Custodes in 40k, with precisely the reaction you would expect from nerd chuds. Yesterday they put out an article about heraldry in Brettonia which included the following detail burried midway.

quote:

It is from these families that the majority of Bretonnia’s fighting strength is drawn, in the form of bold sons and daughters destined to serve their Baron, their Duke, and their King as Knights of the Realm.

So it seems they also stealth made women knights of Brettonia canon, as well.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Apr 18, 2024

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Quote!=edit

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I think a lot of it would be avoided if they just said "yeah we're rewriting this" rather than this weird thing of kinda changing it and saying "no it was always like that".

The old writing only ever referenced sons (apparently). That's fine, just tell people "we're adding this, we don't care if you don't like it, shut the gently caress up".

Granted, i'm not really that wildly into warhammer lore to give a poo poo, but i keep seeing people posting "sons" screenshots over and over again whenever they post an article about how it was always the case.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Had a hearty chuckle at stealth introduction of female knights of Bretonnia. I recall the introduction of Repanse as FLC and the universal delight at a badass Lady Knight. It's weird how that doesn't translate to custodes or space marines. "So now there are additional badasses you can fawn over and not trigger your latent homophobia." I'd assume you could use the horniness to get past their misogyny but apparently not.

My morbid curiosity wonders if there was Sisters of Battle blowback in 1997. Women? At war?? In space???

I think the method of talking over chuds won't matter in the end. Time better spent smashing armies into one another. There isn't a solution where you can cleanly bypass or remove their innate misogyny. Or:

dogstile posted:

"we're adding this, we don't care if you don't like it, shut the gently caress up".

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

dogstile posted:

I think a lot of it would be avoided if they just said "yeah we're rewriting this" rather than this weird thing of kinda changing it and saying "no it was always like that".

The old writing only ever referenced sons (apparently). That's fine, just tell people "we're adding this, we don't care if you don't like it, shut the gently caress up".

Granted, i'm not really that wildly into warhammer lore to give a poo poo, but i keep seeing people posting "sons" screenshots over and over again whenever they post an article about how it was always the case.

Theyr just saying theyr retconning it to have been always the case in the lore, not that it was always the case in real life since they don't control our reality

It is kinda funny though that they just finished their 200 book 20 year series about the history of 40k and no woman custodes was mentioned. Imo Constantin Valdor is a trans man though

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p_lQfhIeMc

Oh lord Gelt has a broken rear end cheese. Because Triumphant Return buff from returning to the Empire gives a +1 Pop surplus when you claim a city in a region, you can take Altdorf or Middenheim, then take the minor settlements, abandon them, and each time you take them (And colonize them) you get +1 Pop. So you can have a Turn 20 Tier 5 Altdorf/Middenheim as Gelt.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
all you need to know about female custodes is that when necrons were rewritten, they didnt get nearly this much whining. chuds can go loving die

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

all you need to know about female custodes is that when necrons were rewritten, they didnt get nearly this much whining. chuds can go loving die

That's a lie. I was there. There are still people mad about the Necrons. Let's not rewrite reality because some people can't stand women in armour-no-not-the-other-ones-new-ones

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
we didn't get parasites like loving mark kern latching on to the necron rewrite, come on

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That still doesn't mean that a metric fuckton of people didn't bitch and whine.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I dont know posted:

What's Rapanse?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

God just release the loving DLC. There's already a million "fast t5 break the game OP LOLLLLL" videos up

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

dogstile posted:

That still doesn't mean that a metric fuckton of people didn't bitch and whine.

yeah, and im saying there's even more whining now because it's some culture war poo poo on top

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

yeah, and im saying there's even more whining now because it's some culture war poo poo on top

You're just noticing it more because Twitter is more of a website than when Newcron's happened. Also... could we not talk about dumb fuckers on twitter and them being unable to cope with lore changes and female custodes in this thread. I had to block enough people already to avoid having even look upon people owning the libs/chuds. I just wanna enjoy shiny new lady custodes in peace

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I dont know posted:

A few days ago GW revealed female Adeptus Custodes in 40k, with precisely the reaction you would expect from nerd chuds. Yesterday they put out an article about heraldry in Brettonia which included the following detail burried midway.

There's nothing stealth about it. With the launch of the Old World they just ripped off that particular band-aid. There's at least one bare female head in the new kit for knights of the realm on foot. This kit is meant to be cross-compatible with the old mounted knights of the realm as well to open up options there. Though, yeah, the majority of the heads in that kit are helmeted so you really can't tell either way. They've also put out an alright book set in the Old World called Lords of the Lance that features a bunch of women as knights.

I think the more controversial issue was that the book has a pegasus knight using a bow and arrow. :v:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Safety Factor posted:

There's nothing stealth about it. With the launch of the Old World they just ripped off that particular band-aid. There's at least one bare female head in the new kit for knights of the realm on foot. This kit is meant to be cross-compatible with the old mounted knights of the realm as well to open up options there. Though, yeah, the majority of the heads in that kit are helmeted so you really can't tell either way. They've also put out an alright book set in the Old World called Lords of the Lance that features a bunch of women as knights.

I think the more controversial issue was that the book has a pegasus knight using a bow and arrow. :v:

Well duh, everyone knows those are called Kinshi Knights and we haven't had them since Fire Emblem Fates.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

JBP posted:

What's Rapanse?

Female knights of Bretonnia have been a thing since at least the fantastic Bret sourcebook for the role-playing game some decades back, they would just hide it.

Female Grail Knights (Repanse notwithstanding?) would be a retcon, that was explicitly ruled out by The Lady knowing.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Dudes who get turned on by giant ladies picking them up and carrying them should break their silence and drown out these misogynist shrieks with lustful posting.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
All space marines are trans

just the way it should be

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Third World Reagan posted:

All space marines are trans

just the way it should be

hmm...kazuuk

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Safety Factor posted:

Personally I can't get over the Helstorm Rocket Battery existing in TOW, it was a brand new experimental weapon in the final Empire book, not something that's been kicking about for centuries!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Safety Factor posted:

Agreed, arrows are for cowards without lances.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Marmaduke! posted:

Personally I can't get over the Helstorm Rocket Battery existing in TOW, it was a brand new experimental weapon in the final Empire book, not something that's been kicking about for centuries!

Just chalk it up to GW wanting to basically relaunch Fantasy without actually retconning anything about End Times or Age of Sigmar.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Captain Beans posted:

overpowered poo poo sells DLC

the TW player base at heart just wants to easily crush the AI

I play on normal and get mad if I lose a single battle. I assume I am in the majority of their playerbase.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Speaking of overpowered stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoR10nc2zcE

she gets helstorm units that shoot purple suns

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Speaking of overpowered stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoR10nc2zcE

she gets helstorm units that shoot purple suns

lmao hellllllll yeah