Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

toasterwarrior posted:

sounds like the perfect play ngl, that's three provinces of the empire under your belt and the path cleared for conquering sylvania

Update: Me and those duplicitous shits in Averland are now all that remains of the Empire.

loving Belakor decided to come over, ate Marienburg, and is now skipping through the burning wasteland that was once the Empire, hand in hand with Festus and Kemmler.

Oh, Total Warhammer. The Empire experience is alive and well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
should've killed em first, offense wins campaigns

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Well my Betty campaign’s going swimmingly. Crushed the forces of John Larroquette smoothly enough, then teamed up with the Averlanders to take the Moot and push into Sylvania. Vlad sent four stacks at me, but for some insane reason chose not to actually attack, even though they were all in range. No clue what Festus is up to, tomorrow’s problem. I think Vlad ate Drycha.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the fact that malikai's adventure system means you can get a four cannons, including the one you start with, at turn five is loving huge

nevermind what he ultimately does with them.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

grobbo posted:

It's good fun so this is by no means a complaint, but the Empire game has definitely evolved from 'unite the provinces!' to 'Karl and Elspeth watch in horror from a narrow western corridor as Vlad, Festus and assorted orcs sweep instantly across the land; with their dying breath the Elector Counts absolutely refuse to even consider granting you military access so you can come and help them'

You can just attack Averland. Is legitimacy even a thing anymore?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Her dragon and all? It's the same with her engineer for me. He's missing the mount and whatever else he had on the top left. Do you own the dlc?

I just used the confederate command with the console to have a look at her stats but that should do the same thing the game does when you click the "ok" button when it asks you to confederate.

Unless I'm wrong it sounds like you don't have the dlc. What happens when you console command confederate a different LL you also don't have the dlc for?

Iirc you couldn't confederate factions you don't own anyway so whatever thr console is doing is probably loving it up.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

KPC_Mammon posted:

You can just attack Averland. Is legitimacy even a thing anymore?

And I probably will! But I am presently up to my eyeballs in ogres and skaven.

Yeah, cleaning up that orc minor near Elspeth turned into Skrag and Ikit getting rowdy and everything's just kind of going to hell in the Empire. :v:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

grobbo posted:

It's good fun so this is by no means a complaint, but the Empire game has definitely evolved from 'unite the provinces!' to 'Karl and Elspeth watch in horror from a narrow western corridor as Vlad, Festus and assorted orcs sweep instantly across the land; with their dying breath the Elector Counts absolutely refuse to even consider granting you military access so you can come and help them'

in my elspeth game I've managed to military ally the entire empire by turn 18 (except Hochland, which I have to go revive because they got Festus'd lol)

Karl basically saved Middenheim solo after Khazrak swooped in and tore the place up while I was dealing with skrag

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Can't believe CA lost the rights to Warhammer and had to replace all the factions with Pontus.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

You can confederate Volkmar now. Haven't tried Markus since I have no visibility on Lustria and he's probably dead anyway. The unlockable ability to use elector machinations on factions outside the empire made getting Volkmar pretty easy, at least.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol end turn bug as kugath soon as I use one plague

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

Can't believe CA lost the rights to Warhammer and had to replace all the factions with Pontus.

But I DONT WANT TO PLAY AS PONTUS

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

was running 4 mods, and the only one that could affect it was MCT, and nope, can't seem to get past that turn when I use my first plague

I did just exit out the tutorial about plagues, that could be it

Disabled all mods and it worked

so now to figure it the akshina rework or the cost-based army caps mod is causing it

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Thorgrim campaign a complete cakewalk. Didn't struggle once with grudges. Kinda wish you could unlock the Underway faster though

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Third World Reagan posted:

was running 4 mods, and the only one that could affect it was MCT, and nope, can't seem to get past that turn when I use my first plague

so now to figure it the akshina rework or the cost-based army caps mod is causing it

I've been running into that issue as Elspeth and the only mod we have in common is cost-based army caps. I don't think that guy maintains his mod anymore and while theoretically he said it's supposed to work indefinitely, I think that might not be the case.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
drat the rocket batteries are a pain in the rear end to use now lol.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I've been running into that issue as Elspeth and the only mod we have in common is cost-based army caps. I don't think that guy maintains his mod anymore and while theoretically he said it's supposed to work indefinitely, I think that might not be the case.

Yep, it is the cost-based army caps mod. Disable it for the turn. Enable it the turn after.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Third World Reagan posted:

FWIW the akshina rework isn't anywhere near as important after CA nerfed them hard. You could probably remove it without much issue if it's causing problems.

E: nvm, you figured it out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

FWIW the akshina rework isn't anywhere near as important after CA nerfed them hard.

quote:

The RoR was not changed and as of now might not be unless there is a lot of demand for it. This way they are more unique and a definite strong RoR. I did remove the scope from their crossbows. Why did they have a scope?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ravenfood posted:

Unless I'm wrong it sounds like you don't have the dlc. What happens when you console command confederate a different LL you also don't have the dlc for?

Iirc you couldn't confederate factions you don't own anyway so whatever thr console is doing is probably loving it up.

It gives you the LL. You can confederate with her just fine in the normal game. It's part of the mechanics for the Empire. They would have broken the Empire if they'd done that. At least the first time I tried it during a normal using normal game mechanics it worked just fine but then I thought "I'll reload just before and confederate her in 20 turns to let her level up and get the NPC growth bonus for her regions." 20 or so turns when I remember I confederate her and the game wounds her and everyone in her party. It showed her in the list as being wounded but now that her wound recovery time is up she's no where to be found. I got the message for it and everything. I've got the engineer and Theordore Bruckner but Elspeth has bugged out on me. :(

e: Haven't fixed it yet but going back it looks like she was disbanded because she was sieging when I confederated, fingers crossed this time around she doesn't get disbanded and I keep her.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 1, 2024

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
man i love guns

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

toasterwarrior posted:

man i love guns

Fully upgraded amethyst ironsides are absolutely nuts

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't know if it's part of the new changes, but man the empire starts to fall apart early now it seems like. I started a new run with Elspeth earlier since I was having bug issues and by turn 15 Middenland, Hochland, Stirland, Averland, and Marienberg have already been destroyed. This happened in the first run I tried too, but in my first run Reikland was also on the ropes right away. Pretty hectic. I ended up putting my first Garden of Morr on Altdorf for the extra garrison this time to help my buddy Karl out and that seemed to help.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
tried Epidemus. seems like he'd be real powerful once you've got some levels on him and expanded enough that you can have plagues running all over the place. but I didn't get that far

lost because I didn't realize I needed to have military buildings running from day one to refill my unit pool, and Malus loving Darkblade rolled a full stack through all my poo poo while my one army was busy brawling with Daniel next door

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

nurgle trip report

kugath economy too easy now

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

T3 nurgle money building is 450 and +150 if your growth is 200+ or 5 population surplus

you are nurgle and having 4 T3 town halls build gives you 180 alone

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tamurkhan trip report: His starting unit of Rot Knights can solo encounters until you get his first chieftain, who will then let you duo encounters with the Rot Knights. I had a cult pop up in Ku'gath's territory and that gave me diplomatic contact with him. Ten turns later he was getting shitrocked by 3 factions and I confederated him. It's pretty cool. Grimgor is a short victory condition and he's strength rank 1 with 10 settlements. Should be fun.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't know if it's part of the new changes, but man the empire starts to fall apart early now it seems like. I started a new run with Elspeth earlier since I was having bug issues and by turn 15 Middenland, Hochland, Stirland, Averland, and Marienberg have already been destroyed. This happened in the first run I tried too, but in my first run Reikland was also on the ropes right away. Pretty hectic. I ended up putting my first Garden of Morr on Altdorf for the extra garrison this time to help my buddy Karl out and that seemed to help.

The imperial thunder dome is better than ever. With my boy Karl, gobbos and beastmen eat Middenland, nurglings poo poo all over Hochland, and Drycha eats something up all by turn 10. If you head for Vlad as Karl there's a good chance Marienburg declares against you and takes Eilhart once you're a turn or two away. If you go save the northern counties Marienburg will like you more, but Vlad will eat everything the ogre minor doesn't and come for you next while you're sieging the brass keep. Elspeth might mitigate that somewhat now, but I've only played 25 turns or so of a Karl campaign and she had just barely finished with her vampire minor by turn 20.

And there's a good chance of Marienburg getting eaten by Norsca, Kemmler, Belakor, or possibly even Leon leaving even that unreliable bulwark lost to you. The first 30 turns are just desperately trying to glue the empire back together, non stop fighting, but not against anyone you're going to benefit from much when you sack a settlement before occupying or returning it. You're broke, under threat from forces usually superior in number and quality from all directions, and constantly putting out fires. The next 30+ turns are endless swarms of Von Carsteins, until You've dug him out of the mountains root and branch (and probably found yourself at war with at least two other major skaven or orc lords).

I really like the changes to the buildings though. I always felt like I was throwing spears and crossbows at everything for 50 turns, which worked but was boring. Now I feel like I can get my steel, faith and gunpowder online much faster and have more flexibility and variety much earlier.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I dunno, I've been playing around as Malakai for a few different campaigns trying to not get an ordertide down south so i can wallow in my doom and grudges like a pig in poo poo and Karl is always annoyingly fat and happy. Kislev more so.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nurgle trip report: Braaaaaap

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The empire engineer getting 360 shooting when on the horse makes them surprisingly good at taking out key enemy units.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Haven't had a chance to play this week, but how are New Outriders in ToD? the volley of 6 shots with a longer reload seems like it would be a lot funner than "basically the same as handgunners but on a horse"

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

jokes posted:

Haven't had a chance to play this week, but how are New Outriders in ToD? the volley of 6 shots with a longer reload seems like it would be a lot funner than "basically the same as handgunners but on a horse"

They seemed... alright?

I got two units of them in one of those "defend an elector count settlement" battles against orcs and they picked off a few boyz, nothing amazing.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

The empire engineer getting 360 shooting when on the horse makes them surprisingly good at taking out key enemy units.

I def like em. More than the archer general guys.

jokes posted:

They really need veterancy to do well. Vanilla and unupgraded I was disappointed.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Gort posted:

dogs have always been terrifying in the right circumstances and use a number of different mechanics to cavalry

No no, as the thread dog cheerleader, he is dead on. They went from best low tier unit in the game with proper micro to unbalanced nightmare beasts. They'll win straight up fights with shielded spearmen by just charging straight into them when they are braced now. They might legitimately need nerfing now, I'm going to ditch my Elspeth game tonight and test a VCounts run, because watching that was loving ridiculous. If bats are over performing to a similar degree, then Isabella is going to be the new queen of the world.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Psycho Landlord posted:

Karl basically saved Middenheim solo after Khazrak swooped in and tore the place up while I was dealing with skrag

This happened in my game too, I teleported Elsa to nearby, saw Middenheim overran by Beastmen then a turn later Karl Franz was garrisoned there. Go team! Now I have to do hit and runs on Festus and friends as I didn't bring a very strong army...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

TaintedBalance posted:

No no, as the thread dog cheerleader, he is dead on. They went from best low tier unit in the game with proper micro to unbalanced nightmare beasts. They'll win straight up fights with shielded spearmen by just charging straight into them when they are braced now. They might legitimately need nerfing now, I'm going to ditch my Elspeth game tonight and test a VCounts run, because watching that was loving ridiculous. If bats are over performing to a similar degree, then Isabella is going to be the new queen of the world.

Time for an old Goon throwback...... .

Also yeah, Bats felt pretty nuts in my Elspeth game. Versus swordsmen they still did a lot of damage.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Vlad is no longer an issue with Elspeth. He can't regen all those bullet holes.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Tarriff continues to be the Chaos Gods most blessed shitposter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
IDK about bats but Plague Drones are Real Units now for Nurgle. I was sad at first realizing how long it would take to assemble a Rot Knight stack with Tamurkhan (T40 and I'm still not that close to upgrading from T4->T5, so it's just the extra Chieftain Rot Knights so far) until I realized how good they were now, my flying boys are doing a great job in the meantime. They are still a little derpy, but not to the point where they struggle to deal out as much damage as they take any more. The Toad Riders are still a bit eh though.