Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Come on and slam, and play you some Warham!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

queeb posted:

whats the play with ogre camps, just drop em deep in enemy territory?

IMO early on you want to plop one down as soon as you can, but preferably in the direction you’re expanding, in order to get it developing so you get access to the higher tier camp benefits/units sooner. They’re your only way to access the whole roster so you want at least one high level camp. As your camp cap increases you’ll want to start ones in enemy territory, more for the meat and maybe replenishment than to actually develop them, then after you conquer the area you can abandon them and set up new ones closer to the front.

One good tip Legendoftotalwar had for them was to finish your army’s movement into enemy territory, plop down your camp, then move your lord’s units into the camp at the end of the turn for the 60% upkeep reduction. Depending on your stack, it can recoup to the cost of the camp altogether!

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Twigand Berries posted:

God drat Ungrim makes you earn his trait

That little fucker completely derailed my longest ogres campaign by taking out multiple camps with multiple slayer-based 20-stacks that the other AI factions didn’t even try to touch despite pretty much everybody being at war with him. gently caress you Ungrim you ginger mohawk piece of poo poo

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

RoyalScion posted:

Basically the unresponsive units is what really kills the game for me right now, along with the bugged mass and some units not even working at all (the slaanesh chariots basically do nothing).

I haven't even played Slaanesh yet but yeah I shelved the game for now for the same reason. Getting units to carry out basic orders has often been a big chore compared to TWW2, especially in settlement battles and sieges. I imagine the Slaanesh units might feel a little better to use because of their speed, but if the units aren't even working for you that really sucks!

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Captain Beans posted:

If anyone else is sick of seeing the same drat names duplicated for Lords and Heroes in Warhammer3, I made a mod that adds like 3,500+ lore appropriate names.

It was pretty funny to see a machine learning algorithm learn how to make Ogre names, but I reviewed all of them to make sure nothing too crazy went in. I really like the Nurgle names the most I think. Some factions have double or triple the amount of names from the vanilla game. This is just for first names for now, eventually I want to expand to last names/family names as well.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2789887182

What! Not too long ago I was looking for a mod that does the same thing for WH2. That's so cool! Smell ya later Evelina Bebchuk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Total Warhammer 3 - On a more serious note, though, misogyny really is a matter of mathematics.

edit: The IE map looks really loving cool in that trailer. It also seems like a showcase for a bunch of sync kill animations--at least, hopefully those made it into the game and aren't just for the trailer.

Phetz fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 11, 2022