Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Kislev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Mahasamatman posted:

So far the game is having a lot of issues for me at 2560x1440. It launches in 1920x1080. I can swap to my resolution but it drifts up the screen a little bit (mouse cursor is slightly off too.) If I set it to "window" it drifts even more. Setting it back to fullscreen works until I hit a loading screen or change focus. Cut scenes also seem to gently caress it up.

weird, same. for me even setting the UI scale back to 100% didn't fix it (though dear god the 200% scaling looks AWFUL). fullscreen is fine but borderless is never quite the right resolution, which is annoying in a game that you tend to tab out of as much as TWWH. apparently -popupwindow in the Steam exe args improves it? haven't tried yet. i have no idea why that arg appears to fix so many games misbehaving in borderless--you'd think by this point devs would have figured that problem out and included whatever magic it works by default

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

The game has a funny idea of "low" advisor frequency.

i dearly wish there was a faction-specific hit+new wh3 stuff setting. every turn i'm flummoxed as to why i can move my army until i realize the advisor desperately needs to teach me what attrition is

bonus points for him telling me about how i needed to move my army out of dangerous terrain to stop attrition, when my ogre army was out of meat and doing cannibalism. he never explained how the meat mechanic and the consequences of running out worked.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

am i misunderstanding the camera settings or are they just bugged for your faction

i have own faction hero movement set to "off" but the slaaneshi cultists ive sent off into the void to wind down their cult counter and make a new one in some far corner of the map insist on grabbing the camera to show me them walking along their 15-move dash to gently caress knows where

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Slaanesh highlights how annoying the new minor settlement maps are. So much speed to maneuver! Enjoy everyone clumping together and awkwardly squeezing past each other in a 3-fiend-wide street.

Also you have to fight all of them since it's the difference between taking basically no damage as you clown car your way to the capture point and losing half your health in close victory autoresolve, which takes like 5 turns to replenish. Great fun in field battles though.

I am still annoyed that setting your own faction hero camera to off somehow just doesn't work, and the game insists on showing your cultists traipse across the map on the way to their next cult target.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I mean, I'm pro union but streamers and content creators are generally self employed so I don't see how a union can benefit them much. His complaints mostly just have to do with certain aspects of the gameplay that he doesn't like. I guess they could all band up and boycott streaming CA until they..... fix the chaos realms or whatever.

beaten but the model would not be UAW contracting with Ford or w/e, it'd be SAG-AFTRA. it's not collective bargaining with a single employer but rather a professional association that sets standards for how various engagements are conducted and compensated which obligates it members to uphold those standards or be ejected. such an org would make sense but wouldn't address anything i've seen total war people complain about--you can set a requirement that early access for marketing requires a set fee schedule for guild members or whatever, but a "game must be good for content creation out the gate" requirement makes no sense because it's subjective and incredibly complex. you can easily pay $X more because dollars are fungible; you cannot magically add 30 arbitrary gameplay quality units to a game

you could conceivably add a "no review embargo" guild rule but it seems pretty ludicrous because idk what influencers would really gain from it--worst case you don't like the game and just no comment any viewer requests for opinions. people that are truly on the fence about buying will just wait til after review embargoes end anyway

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Twigand Berries posted:

seeing a lot of use of seas as in plural also here is the name so we can stop saying pacific

does cathay have a 9-dash line

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Volkmar in Sudenburg.

Ghorst in Cathay.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

i did a new wh3 campaign cause idk why and why the hell is there no QoL enhancement for "no, for the fifteenth time single-province empire faction, i am never going to sign a defensive pact"

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

i want to believe that somewhere inside CA there's a salty QA person who gets mad when project managers rank their findings "low priority" and leaks the bug to legend to force PM's hand

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

Neferata seems like an obvious choice, being a big lore figure and having her faction, the Lahmian Sisterhood, on the RoC map. Lahmia is right next to where Khalida will be, so giving her a new starting location for IE seems like a good idea.

big disappoint if we cant actually BRING ME NEFERATAS HEAD

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

the change to clear chaos realm traits if you get a soul helps a lot, but not enough. parking your lord in a settlement with no indication of progress (because it was, and still is, random) or even if you're in the right place to cure it was loving bullshit. needing to hire heroes or dirvert lords to close rifts still sucks

post-patch TWWH3 story campaign isn't as bad as it was at launch but i still won't miss it once i have IE

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Problem with Hero's as agents is you need some high tier buildings in multiple cities to up your capacity and you know who has lots of growth and a grudge specifically against the player? the AI.

So you end up being swarmed by enemy heroes that have had time to spam agent actions and get free exp while you still have 1/1 or 1/0 (due to event) capacity to support any and you'd rather just have that hero sit snuggly in your army and kick rear end for awhile until you have enough capacity to have some roam on their own.

god yeah my current kislev game feels like it has 25 of every chaos faction's heroes wandering around my territory, but at least all they're apparently doing is justifying the ongoing existence of all the churches i built to win the court/orthodoxy competition. still annoying visual noise

i really wish there was an AI cockiness slider to appease the "i don't want the AI to make bad matchup decisions!" crowd while letting the rest of us enjoy not-siege battles. 3K armies sallying all the time was good--all they really lost was like 1-2 turns of attrition before they'd decisively lose autoresolve, so who cares. doubly so when you lack a block army hero (wtf, that should be mandatory, who needs hinder replenishment or assault unit?)

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

wiegieman posted:

There's a lot of stuff that 3k does that tww3 just can't do because it's locked into an older engine version.

not being able to recall armies is criminal

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Who's Wayne Gretzky

someone who posted somewhat ambiguous pics of their balls in every forum once

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

SirFozzie posted:

Nearly a thousand decades ago fantasy became a reality in a forum never seen before: Settra's Kitchen Stadium, a giant cooking arena. The motivation for spending his fortune to create Kitchen Stadium was to encounter new original cuisines which could be called true artistic creations. To realize his dream, he secretly started choosing the top chefs of various styles of cooking, and he named his men the Iron Chefs: the invincible men of culinary skills. Iron Chef Empire is Belthasar Gelt. Iron Chef Asur is the Mage Lord Teclis. Iron Chef Cathay is Zhao Ming. And Grimgor Ironhide is Iron Chef Greenskin. Kitchen Stadium is the arena where Iron Chefs await the challenges of master chefs from around the world. Both the Iron Chef and challenger have one hour to tackle, kill and serve the theme ingredient of the day. Using all their senses, skill, creativity, they are to prepare artistic dishes never tasted before. And if ever a challenger wins over the Iron Chef, he or she will gain the people's ovation and fame forever. If not, their soul is condemned to serve Settra in eternity.

(I was going to make the Lizardmen the Italian variant, but I can just see Grimgor wearing the Iron Chef Italian uniform)

doesn't matter, just like irl nobody will ever choose to fight against masahiko kobeGrimgor, cause they know they'd never win against DA BEST

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Torrannor posted:

Interesting trait name:

Does this suggest that you'll get a different trait if you defeat N'Kari as Tyrion? I hope so, Settra vs. Surtha Ek was a nice detail. And getting a trait with a downside if you defeat your own king as a Bretonnian was pretty cool. There are surely lots of opportunities for more special traits. Grombrindal vs. Malekith, perhaps Teclis vs. Kairos to decide the ultimate spellcaster (it's Mazdamundi), Count Noctilus vs. any other Von Carstein upstarts, etc.

Don't think so, pretty sure I got the same playing release/Ursun Rifts campaign (legit forget wtf it's called) campaign when defeating N'Kari as Katarina. Standard trait just references TWWHII lords.

Ed: oh wait as Tyrion. Yeah idk, gently caress knows.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Anno posted:

Are people just right clicking to move units? If I’m moving a unit I either formation-drag or occasionally drag it a path. No idea if that matters or not.

don't tell me you haven't furiously right-clicked in a general direction repeatedly to try and convince the 3/4 of models that aren't engaged in melee to stop standing around waiting for the other 1/4 to disengage and finally start moving where you want

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

My second [campaign] as Kairos I was at war with everyone, all the time.

yeah same, though i figure it's kinda like this for any of the chaos demon factions. my kairos campaign after beating the local garbage high elves and lizards was war decs from tiqtaqto, oxyotl, mannfred, an kroqgar within 10 turns, though teclis and volkmar waited another 30 or so for some reason (volkmar was at least far away).

having finally conquered the southern jungles and killed everyone nearby other than oreon, settra, and inexplicably strength rank 1 khalida, oxyotl finally conquered antarctica and sailed north to conquer my rear end

hell, even the goddamn minor tzeentch faction in antarctica dec'ed on me. i think the only people that asked for a NAP were, god knows why, the minor nurgle faction next to them

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

anyone who's played welves in IE, are they less fun now because they have no forests to explore on like half the map?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

You know it tells you if units will die during auto-resolve if you hover over autoresolve right

yeah i was gonna say, this is one of the top qol things they upgraded from 2

on the other hand, who cares, it's a bunch of not-gold dryads

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i didnt think there was a chance that many units would die to one dwarf in a settlement defense battle so i didn't really look. i reloaded to the previous turn and played the battle and just killed the dwarf with durthu before he even got to the settlement walls. i don't think there's a reality where that one dwarf could kill all those dryad units even one at a time with a breather between

we need to know now, for science. reload again and solo march the dryads into the dwarf one at a time to see who wins

edit: do it for Arghy

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 20, 2022

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

vaginite posted:

Unrelated man I wish there was a way to auto build heroes, like set up a template build order for a standard one because in IE going for the cataclysm wins I end up with 20 stacks of guys and spend most of my time allocating skill points to build the same hero the same way 100 times.

the button on the top left of the skill page auto-assigns skill points. most heroes i turn it on after a while, especially non-spellcasters where it usually matters gently caress all. it's not a template but the order you get the melee def/weapon strength/melee attack/leadership aura points in probably doesnt matter that much.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

why cant this game have CK2-style tunable notifications for world events

i don't and will never care that some lizardmen faction across the map has done the rite to hire a slann lord, and have no idea why the devs thought i would care. nor do i really care about random waaaghs failing and starting, though i can at least sorta see the rationale for that one... or could, if it only fired when the greenskin faction in question was anywhere nearby

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Scandalous posted:

Immortal Empires Kairos is pretty miserable. Every time I clear a faction my new neighbours have -100 aversion and immediately declare, and I got the high elf rogue army spawn at my heartland while my armies were at the borders. Wish they’d do something more interesting with them, it felt a very much gently caress you moment

just embrace the new tehenahuin campaign. you get to fight everything! lizardmen! empire! helves! vamps! skarbrand! more lizardmen! tomb kings! more tomb kings! orcs! it's all there!

at least you've got a nice defensible southern front (until oxyotl sails in).

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Third World Reagan posted:

I normally have more [than 20 wars] as a chaotic faction no one likes

hello fellow kairos player

Cease to Hope posted:

just sack then occupy in the early game, don't do the sack-and-occupy action

why do these even result in different rewards. they don't result in different penalties, do they? i think maybe you can't do the former if you ran all the way to the town and are out of movement?

i assume it's more that various "buff sacking" things don't apply to sack and occupy because hey, that's a different value in the "options after successful settlement battle" enum and nobody ever thought to think whether it made sense for them to only apply to one of the two, but i haven't done the math to check

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

just as a warning, if you stay in cathay lokhir is an endless set of boring minors that disincentivize using his corsairs. leave to go gently caress with someone else asap

if you attack them enough, meow ying and zhao ming will confed them in short order!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

> Settlement battles for minor settlements are only if the garrisons are built now, otherwise they're field battles

looking at the video, this means the walls building, not just anything that grants extra garrison, right? thank god

> Reworks to AI aggression/difficulty? (more aggressive, more agent embeds, better siege pushes)

i dont expect this will stem the tide of useless heroes circling my lords the second i enter enemy territory, but okay sounds good

> Skaven endgame scenario

hell yes

MOST IMPORTANTLY, GHORST REMAINS UNCHANGED

Ed:

> When colonising ruins, you now take a temporary vigour penalty instead of a massive manpower loss.

HERESY. how will i bait idiot AI into weakening themselves as WoC

> The Blood Pack Incidents would regularly all fire between turns 10 and 20. Given the duration of most campaigns, this meant that around 20% of campaign battles were actually being fought with a completely different pace and balance than intended.

wait we arent supposed to have constant savage blow/winds of pain/etc.?

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Oct 18, 2022

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Pierson posted:

Finishing off a Malus short campaign (Malus is fantastic but not really a great fan of Dark Elves) and wow are Cold Ones just the ultimate "don't leave them in combat a second longer than necessary" unit? Even with the RoR it seems like they melt if I leave them to their own devices for even a second.

Edit: For WoC campaigns is it best to only take Dark Forts and gift everything else to vassals? The chaos shrine building upgrades don't look that great but I also don't know how good the AI is at making an economy (I assume they're bad).

like the empire, dark elves offer a variety of units from different classes (excluding gunpowder, which has been swapped out for SEMs)

unlike the empire, you _should not_ use their cav

ed: i cant see any reason to colonize non-dark forts other than to have a spot where you can recruit gifted units when you're outside areas where dark forts exist

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 21, 2022

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

TaintedBalance posted:

Hero spam loving sucks, and relatedly, your allies spotting your ambushes also sucks. Only hostiles should be able to pull you out of ambush stance. I feel like a good half of the time, ambush stance is completely useless because of heroes and the like, which is clearly not the intent. I guess this is two points in one: heroes need some major updating on both skills and campaign AI use of them, and ambush stance (stances in general?) needs an overhaul. poo poo's a mess.

why the heck does the AI run so many non-embedded heros anyway? it doesn't seem like they even do anything most of the time other than flock around player armies when you're at war. actually using their non-embedded abilities seems really rare

sure, there's a scouting advantage, but you don't need multiple for that, and it's not of much use when you have no lords around to take advantage of the info

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

I noticed the heralds have an upgrade which gives hawk riders a second shot of the frankly disgusting MRLS barrage they can do, should I lean more into hawk riders for their stack?

the ideal sisters stack is 18 hawk riders and one waystalker that chills in the woods out of sight

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah I feel like Dwarfs are pretty solid overall.

somewhere, Arghy writhes in pain and screams

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Okay I'm playing Grom da Paunch and I had all the endgame crises activated. "Should be okay as long as its not Wood Elves".

It's loving Wood Elves.

meanwhile, playing after the (non?) patch for the first time in while as skrag:

oh no, ordertide has won the north and the welves are quite powerful

oh no, every welve faction EXCEPT orion has declared war on me, along with gelt

oh no, the wild hunt begins on turn 67

lol wut the wild hunt ends like 10 turns later, orion did gently caress all, and all the other welve factions have paid me to make peace after failed offensives

in related news, ogres are so drat fun now that i actually understand the camp and meat mechanics. idk if it's their army comp or what but i am loving cheesing the AI in battles. AI is so happy to engage a few gnoblars in a field even though it should sorta know it's facing an army that's mostly ogres, and they just get flanked every time by swarms coming out of the woods or stalk

on the other end, gelt was far too happy to sit still and keep formation against a line of gnoblars standing just out of range as a the catapult crew slow-walked around the arty's cone of fire and happily demolished most of it while the giant chaff line finally started advancing up a hill. skaven levels of bullshit, but you can also have a core of hidden fast monstrous infantry!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Leal posted:

I hope Chorfs get a spell that makes a bunch of hats fall on the target area

that ogre maw lore giant fist spell is just begging for a giant hat reskin

cmon CA, i know you wanna reuse the animation

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Leal posted:

Top 3
Chorfs
Morathi
Meowing

Bottom 3
Any greenskin that isn't Grimgor. Cause why use anyone else?
Aranessa, because every game I play as her has me being jumped by every faction who has sight on me by turn 10
Morathi when any high elf on the donut sees me

i like aranessa entirely because her VA is great, even though as a lord she seems quite meh. who the heck wants a duelist lord in a caster lord-heavy faction, with a mount that makes her worse to boot?

that said, do non-human factions ever bother attacking sartosa really? it's not galleon's graveyard but it's pretty isolated, and ive never seen it captured. maybe that's less the case with anti-player bias if you don't colonize the tilean cities

surely exiles of nehek warrants a bottom 3 slot. maybe they're better now, but i doubt colonizing cathay is really viable, and i assume their weird garbage location in naggaroth still sucks. was really surprised they didn't get moved to somewhere in the new twwh3 map areas

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

well when you take something, by force, then offer to give it back for free it feels like a trap right?

i mean, yes, but i think you are giving a bit too much credit to the TWWH diplo AI

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

wildly overpowered initial DLC releases is an important TWWH tradition!

tower seat stealing is real annoying though. it feels like after a point the other factions don't even try ascending anymore

i really wish the notification told you what was stolen. i think there's some indication in the tower itself but it's subtle as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Kestral posted:

Currently working through my first-ever Eshin run, and man, I'm torn. Skaven rule, and this is a neat take on Skaven, but I can see my future and it is 100 turns of Gutter Runner micro against Zhao Ming, Ogres, and Chaos Dwarves, and that future is bleak.

just set everything to skirmish mode, send them in random directions, and embrace the chaos. it works!