Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ethiser posted:

SLAMBO is a chaos warrior not a demon prince, I can't believe this thread's title is not lore accurate.

I mean, if anyone deserved Daemonhood, it's SLAMBO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Azran posted:

Oh it's very much real, I remember reading the documentation put out by GW. IIRC the phrasing was "marketing is odious in a niche" or something of the sort, this was back in the age of GW death threads and I remember people joking about the 'odious in a niche' bit alongside the one about 'jewel-like objects of wonder' when talking about their miniatures.

The OP needs to replace 'little plastic armies of units' with 'jewel-like objects of wonder'.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dr Christmas posted:

Yep, same thing. They wanna eat that bear.

I rolled my eyes at the UI complaints until now, but the construction and demolition timers both being red is pretty egregious.

Some fun random event things:
-Zhao Ming (and Miao Ying?) gets the option to just huff purified warpstone dust. Your faction is impressed with your moxie if you go through with it.
-Khorne gets a dilemma to implement mandatory castration or horny police. The Tzeentch cultist gets a voice line about castration. More mentions of castration than I expected from this game.
-Nurgle event where your forces discover the Brown Note
-Heralds of Slaanesh have a line about safe words and the lack thereof
-The quote for the Nurgle army ability Rot, Glorious Rot contains the word “smegma” :barf:

There's also the chance in Cathay factions for the Dragon Emperor & Moon Empress to show up incognito as cats. Which you can throw down a well.

Actually speaking of Cathay, I notice there's an additional flag for Cathay (the blue one) that doesn't seem to correspond to any of the factions. Is that just meant for Cathayan Rebels, or could it be for a future faction (*cough* Shen-Zoo *cough*).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

They do also say that Cathay's been largely unchanged in the intervening time and and such the map's valid for both eras.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Where the hell are you getting this money Karl Franz? I have smashed your full army stack 3 times, burned 2 of your cities to the ground, and you keep on coming? Dude is like the dang Terminator.

Gelt's clearly shipping him wealth from off-map.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Where would the Red Duke even start on the TW3 map? Todbringer obviously has Middenland, but there's not any Bretonnia at all.

Also, I wonder if why Skrag dominates the Empire so much is because, while obviously he has Ogre buffs, unlike Greasus he doesn't vanish off the the Chaos Wastes when the rifts open.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So...what is the likelihood we get a The Old World/Time of the Three Emperors campaign down the road? CA has precedent for doing other eras as expansions for their games, and GW literally is working on developing one such era...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

"Father loves me despite my...difficulties."

Come here and let me give you a hug, Zhao Ming. :smith:

His mother still loves him the best. :unsmith:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I feel like the lizardmen could be both sexes already lore withstanding. The different vocal pitch and noticable dimorphism isn't really necessary for lizards. Also, females having higher pitched voices isn't necessarily a given with non-lizard species. Listen to the river troll hag voice lines; sounds pretty low and gruff to me. My point really is that in many of these cases, they could write it in with no other changes and call it good.

In the AoS RPG, they do basically say it's up to the individual Skink or whatever what they choose to identify as, since they don't have biological gender. The main Skink NPC is a priestess, for instance. Obviously that's AOS, but it'd make sense for Fantasy Lizardman too.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Twigand Berries posted:

The more I play the less I am Slaanesh's bitch. Occasionally I pause when they offer the sword and follower together, but otherwise 100k is weed money in this game.

The fact that presumably you keep the Slaanesh corruption traits if you take a deal to get stuff, as opposed to clearing them if you claim a soul adds an additional dimension to it, post-patch.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DaysBefore posted:

Chaos Arghy downloads mods that make Grimgrog tougher

The Chorfs made Black Orcs IIRC, so that tracks.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cranappleberry posted:

I bet they take Fat Bear Week really seriously in Kislev. Probably a national holiday.

Every week is Fat Bear Week in Kislev.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The real crime is that Nuln is represented as the capital of Wissenland under Emmanuelle von Liebwitz, when every true fan knows it's an independent city-state hotly contested between Reikland and Wissenland. Elspeth von Draken rules Nuln, and the province is de facto under the Toppenheimers of Pfeildorf. Wissenland more like lol.

I thought Nuln was capital of Wissenland but countess Von Liebwitz was trying to turn it into an independent city that she would be the Elector Countess of and could give rump Wissenland to a political ally?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kanos posted:

No, the cover art is the hammer superimposed over the twin tailed comet(which is supposed to be the symbol of sigmar and only appears in the heavens when something important involving sigmar or his followers is going to happen). The Ghal Maraz that the Empire has is also maybe a really powerful fake and not the authentic one Sigmar used, though whether or not that was actually canon is unclear. Either way, the present day Ghal Maraz's magical powers are pretty much "ludicrously amazingly unstoppably good at killing whatever it hits" and that's about it.

Karl did technically sorta gain flight in the End Times when Sigmar himself possessed Karl and he became the incarnate of Azyr(the wind of magic used in Heavens magic), but that wasn't technically Karl any more.

I actually really like this take by a Goon on Ghal Maraz (through the lens of WFRP) - the dwarven runes on it mean that basically anyone who's willing to put in the effort to learn the basics of how to wield a melee weapon becomes a lethal hand-to-hand combatant, meaning you don't actually need to be a Conan type like Actual Sigmar, just be willing to stand up and defend the Empire when it counts and instead focus on, you know, running the actual Empire.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bob dobbs is dead posted:

what about lawyers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kZx_TokIHdI

(random weird waiting for release thought: which faction has the best lawyers, you think? seems p correlated w good arty, i could make good cases for empire dawi and skaven)

Talabecland has a lot of them because they refuse to strike laws off the book. They also have wandering judges who do STREET COURT (as in they produce a wig and gavel and start yelling at bystanders court is in session and they're on jury duty, not in the Judge Dredd sense)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Elspeth (either starting at Nuln but maybe elsewhere) vs. Tamurkhan and Toddy as the FLC lord that comes out at the same time.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I mean they've got all of Khuresh and Ind's landmass in Immortal Empires already, so that's an avenue for expansion. Plus you could probably fit Araby in the Great Desert if you added more settlements (although that would be kind of weird for it to be an IE-only faction - maybe they'll do another campaign map for the Sea Dragon trying to do another colonial expedition).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dramicus posted:

So this is the weirdest campaign I remember playing. Now the Dwarfs are my vassals. I guess I'm going to do the Empire-thing and help them fight off the Greenskins.

Your faction name isn't the Midnight Aristocracy, 0/10.

And when it comes to what society in Hams is 'best' to live in, I think it's worth noting that The Empire can be lovely in places, it is gradually improving - it's very much in the Early Modern Period, and progressing societally. I think Night's got a lot of good analysis of Hams society in his various reviews of the RPG sourcebooks.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yeah, that seems like something he'd do.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Leal posted:

Speaking of stank islands

I wasn't aware there was another province up north of there that also has every settlement with a port. Time to kick Kugath out

Azran posted:

This is crazy, it's so weird for the AI to go down there at all lol like, that HE faction starts with no diplomatic relationships whatsoever to the rest of the world, it's a huge FUTURE DLC GOES HERE neon sign

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thats the best province in the game! I went there as Alberic and it is by far my richest province.

I go out of my way to conquer it as everyone except Wood Elves.
Something tells me you've found Yin-Yin's starting point...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kanos posted:

That's literally Kugath's starting point. :v:

Well clearly he needs to be evicted. :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I feel like they should take cue from Three Kingdoms and have different time periods added as campaigns. They could straight up do one set in the time period of the Old World tabletop game since they've already been developing it (and hey you'd be able to do actual cross-promotion!). Or do a War of The Beard mini-campaign, I remember that were army lists for that put out in an old issue of White Dwarf you could use for reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ninjahedgehog posted:

Would also be cool if her Garden of Morr mechanic worked on all allies, not just Imperial ones. Hop all the way around the world to bless the races of Order with black magic and black powder

I mean Markus and Volkmar are pretty well spread out.