Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Jst0rm posted:

is there any speculative maps of what the mortal empires or whatever will look like? I honestly only really play mortal empires.

There are tons. Players have been speculations about the full map for, like, 7 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I thought you'd need all three games for the new Mortal Empires.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Have they mentioned a ballpark for when Immortal Campaigns will drop?

The have said that in the week or so following release, they'll detail the updates roadmap.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The FAQ says

quote:

WILL TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER AND TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER II BE AVAILABLE ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE AND THE WINDOWS STORE IN THE FUTURE?
Yes, we hope to add these games – and their DLC – to both store fronts in the future.

CAN I PURCHASE DLC FOR TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER GAMES I OWN ON ONE STORE ON ANOTHER (AND VICE VERSA)?
Currently it’s not possible to track the different Total War: WARHAMMER content you own across different storefronts. So, for example, if you buy Total War: WARHAMMER on the Epic Games Store, you will also need to buy the DLC on the Epic Games Store in order to use it.

The same applies for claiming the free combined map DLC – you would need to own both Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II on the same store in order to claim it.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-iii-faq/

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Feral Interactive (the porting company) has been frustratingly silent on when we can expect the Mac/Linux release. I had hoped it'd be close on the heals of the PC release but that seems extremely unlikely. So I guess this solves me "Elden Ring vs WHH3" dilemma.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The peasants pay for the repairs.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

I literally never use Lightning Strike and still clear on Very Hard because I am a gaming adonis.

Imagine how weak and baby brained you would need to be to always take lightning strike “because you need it”.

I think that this is one of the problems with min max chat. There's a lot of folklore about min maxing and most people just follow the "one weird trick" advice of whatever opinionated and successful player because most of us don't have time to independently test if their optimized play style is really the best.

I think often of Destiny's loot cave. https://www.polygon.com/2015/3/6/8152719/destiny-loot-cave-omnivore-bungie-gdc-2015

quote:

"The funny thing is, we knew about this before launch," he said. "We knew this was a potentially exploitable activity. But we didn't care, because we said the actual drop rate per minute spent is not any different than anything else. So you actually will get less loot doing this per hour than just playing the game.

"But the players weren't actually doing the math that way. They were doing the math of — they weren't doing the loot per hour, they were looking at loot per effort. And this was so low effort that it felt like free loot to them."

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Is there a way to make the Lords I have do their barks less often on the campaign map?? I tried searching for an answer and it's difficult to even work out the right phrases to use.

It's bad enough when it's a Lord declaring who they are over and over, but the Changeling repeating some an incredibly limited selection of funny jokes is indescribably grating.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Who is everyone's favorite lords that completely change how you play the game as that faction? Skaven have to be the leaders with Ikit Snkitch and Throt, completely different games with all of them. Isabella is good too with her mean girl stack. Taurox is easy mode but still can be fun. Can Volkmar's buffs to free company carry you the whole campaign?

I've been having enormous fun with the Changeling which ends up being a kind of TW Buffet. You can go anywhere on the map, fight anyone, become any LL, and make allies so you can recruit any army comp. It's definitely a make your own fun kind of sandbox experience since holding settlements isn't a concern. But as a way of trying stuff out, I'm having a wonderful time.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
What's the technique for actually fighting enemy armies instead of just chasing them around the campaign map? Valkia the Bloody is especially annoying for this because it seems like she can sack an ally's minor settlement and then go into march stance after? Or maybe I don't understand what I am doing.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Thank you everyone. This is all enormously helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

TaintedBalance posted:

Right, sure, we all do, but core roster still needs to be filled out. A huge amount of people just never touch mods, or don't like them because they break mp, or they stop getting support, etc etc.

Yeah, relying on mods for staple units is not good at all. Especially as the company has burned through goodwill, there are lots and lots of unit mods that haven't been updated or that aren't compatible with other more "we actually modify the game" mods. They generally make the game fragile to return to and that's fine for unique experience but not for what are effectively content patches.