Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Are ogres coming out early like they did with Norska? Or am I doomed to wait until friday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Electronico6 posted:

You can use supplies to heal/restock ammo/give winds/vigor your army. It's one of the rightmost icons on the bottom of the toolbar if I'm not wrong.

Once I found this button the game became a lot easier

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Playing Nurgle is actually surprisingly fun! Except for the whole race for the souls mechanic which made me realize how bad a "Slow and steady" Faction is at racing for objectives

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

His mechanics are fun. I like the plague mixing and the plagues can eventually just sort of run rampant.

But holy poo poo is Nurgle the absolute worst autoresolve faction I've ever seen in this game. Just really really bad.

Also his units are slow and kind of bad and the legendary lord is one of those 'boosts your poo poo tier tarpit unit' bosses.

Nurglings have amazing animations though.

Every single autoresolve wants to kill every single nurgling unit I have.

Nurglings are actually pretty good, especially with all the super buffs you get on them, and of course the explosive ones you can summon later in battle. It's just all about slowly grinding the enemy down.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So I thought all demons got perfect vigor. Is it only nurgle? Just noticed my poor khorne boys are exhausted.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
How should I be levelling up big daddy nurgle? Seems like a waste to level his spells at all since he gets a spellcaster right at the beginning.

Not sure the blue line is worth it. But lightning strike and upkeep is always good.

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 23, 2022

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
It's getting kind of old having Kislev attack me with four stacks every 10 turns. I'm khorne so they just all die immediately but it's still annoying!

Can't even burn their cities down since I'm trying to do the main quest line

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
How do you deal with the insane ai focus on you as demons of chaos? You start the game with Kislev being able to see you so there's no escape.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

It's a lot harder to do that when you're not skarbrand!

Also tried to start a tzeench game today and holy gently caress

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Really annoyed that you can't be in the same team as a chaos one in the multiplayer campaign. Order or chaos factions only

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

How do I Khorne? Is it worth occupying settlements, or are my skulls better off being FedEx'd to the Skull Throne and let the ruin colonization events happen on their own?

I usually took the capital city and burned everything else in a region

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

dogstile posted:

I keep trying to force myself to finish a campaign to get the unlock and i'm just so, so loving bored of the chaos wastes.

I beat the game. Then the turn after I immediately lost my capital to three stacks of Kislev armies while my main lord was away. Engaging!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Man, Kugath is loving insane once you max out his yellow line. Like absolutely a Chad who gets the most damage in any fight. Absolutely murders everything around him while your plaguebearers just act lovely and suck up damage

Downside: you still can't auto resolve

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
The demon prince is weak because he inst dies to any archers or any sort of ranged almost instantly. It's weird as hell how fast he melts.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I haven't finished a Kairos (or any campaign after the first one) but does he gets the ability to see the present? Like some massive campaign line of sight buff or does it reveal the map or any of the thing you might expect from his achieving omniscience?

He gets a short cutscene

That is all

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

DaysBefore posted:

Did he actually say he was 'betrayed' by CA? Lmfao this guy

But he didn't want to play Pontus you see.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
The vortex campaign was so weird. They added high elves. A diplomacy gimmick race, and then the campaign made everyone hate you and eventually go permanent hostile with you.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
The demon armies are really fun if insanely limited. There's just something about grinding the enemy to death over an hour as nurgle that makes me happy.

One day I'll get around to trying Kislev or cathay

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Josef bugman posted:

They did that in Medieval Total war. It was a loving nightmare.

Moving those chess pieces around made me want to die

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm actually trying Cathay for the first time and holy poo poo. Attacked by rogue armies from the gate. Tzeench armies and max stack rebel armies on turn 8 is pretty brutal.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

did they make nurgle fun to play as?

Yes nurgle is really fun unless you're fighting minor settlement battles

Much like every faction

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Arghy posted:

As a dawi main i do enjoy nurgles fighting style of, "move me if you can" esp with all the fun magic and army abilities. My plague bearer and nurgling lines are absurdly resilient and i often end battles with sub 100 losses but low on kills too though. I miss my artillery and ranged line though--without kugath i think nurgle would be insufferable for the first 20 turns.

Kugath is basically the ultimate nurgle leader, yeah. If you didn't have Kugath your armies would be total trash. He's great at ranged and also with his dumb aoe aura in melee

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Gort posted:

So I tried Kislev after a couple of abortive Nurgle games and this is so much more fun. Basically everything has a ranged weapon so instead of slogging the slowest units in the game up tiny streets you just line up outside a town and all the enemies walk into missile range and die.

I've been trying Cathay and it's weird as poo poo. Huge town full of tzeench right next to you. Rebel armies about to gently caress you up with doomstacks and raiders coming in if you don't fix the wall RIGHT NOW

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Even funnier, Archaon is still around in Age of Sigmar and his actual gimmick there is that he successfully convinced all four chaos gods to give him an absolute shitload of boons individually, so now he's strong enough to fight them all and they can't take away those boons unless they all work together.

Which they never will do.

Wouldn't this turn him into a chaos spawn?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
To be fair they have to totally rebalance all the races from Warhammer 1 and 2. It's gotta be a ridiculous amount of work.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Kanos posted:

People are running off the assumption that that work was baked into the dev time of the game, and the best previous example we have of someone doing something like this is Mortal Empires itself, which came out a month after TWW2's release - in a rough form, but it was there and you could play it.

It's also somewhat concerning that the Q3 release is for a beta.

Mortal empires was in beta for a long time. I remember the load times were so loving bad it was almost unplayable

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

punishedkissinger posted:

I like PVP in this game but it would make for a miserable campaign.

This is how pvp campaigns work currently. Every time you fight a non player army the other player can jump in and control them

I usually make deals not to do it for the initial province to prevent torture

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

ZeusJupitar posted:

Legend is who I'm referring to.

Him saying that Warhammer streamers needed to form a union was also really funny and a fundamental misunderstanding of what a union does.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

jokes posted:

I liked the anti-large bow boys that Empire gets from that one expansion.

I liked the ridiculous anti large archers that the tomb kings had

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Raygereio posted:

I still think Thanquol should be a NPC that just shows up and joins your Skaven army without your input. And randomly does poo poo that has a 50/50 chance of making you go "yes-yes" or "no-no".2

Whenever Thanquol disappears from your army you should be dreading what he's gonna do when he pops up next

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

MonsterEnvy posted:

There may be something like the Chaos Invasion as they mentioned End Game events. But they have also purposefully avoided mentioning some stuff about Endgame.

Finally we're getting Thanquol as an endgame

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

TaintedBalance posted:

As one of the resident defenders of how LoTW reacted post TW3 (they really did gently caress with him and piss off a lot of content creators), I think the delivery of this is holding onto old grudges that he'd be better to let go of. They literally gave them unrestricted access to the MP build and unlimited video time to show off as much stuff as they wanted, which was one of the content creator community asks, including criticism and feedback. While yes, we can be skeptical of how many of the various bugs that are found will actually be addressed, they extended the olive branch and he is being a twat about it.

I assume it's because he refuses to play multiplayer ever for any reason so he's salty?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

ive yet to play as either Empire or Bretonnia because they seem dreadfully boring when the other options are vampires, rats, or even fuckin dinosaurs

i get that thats the point, but its not for me

Excuse me bretonnia is great because you just charge horses into everything as a solution to any problem. Even problems that you wouldn't expect

I agree empire is boring as gently caress

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Gamerofthegame posted:

actually that's why they own

because you have a blob of just Honest Dudes trying to stab the absolute beeflord and dying

as opposed to your beeflords just kind of losing unexpectently

Wait I thought they had access to giants in tabletop

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Cardboard Fox posted:

I've never actually played as Bretonnia. How do you deal with sieges and minor settlement battles when stacking cavalry, or at least having a large part of your army dedicated to ground cav? I imagine the endgame scenario is a full stack of Pegasus Knights flying over the walls and demolishing everyone, which seems fun, but what about early/mid game?

Have you heard of filthy peasants? No real bretonnian would touch a bow, but that's why they have peasants for the dirty jobs.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Anno posted:

Yeah I don’t think I ever go down the blue line until I’ve completed everything else I want.

Someone's never played the white dwarf

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Oh no, IE release date is getting dangerously close and I have no idea what faction I want to start with D:

Ghorst. Zombie time

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Azran posted:

I'd honestly say Astragoth is a shoo-in given he's their faction leader as well as a playable choice in 4e and key to Drazhoath's motivation in 8th ed (he's Drazhoath's rival). I'd say Drazoath's a given as well (had a model and rules within the last decade). It's after these two that you run out of obvious options, aside from Zhatan (who was the other lord choice in 4e and would mean you'd have a non-caster lord, great for variety.) Oh well, I guess we'll know in like six months :v:

I mean I'd assume we'd get a bull centaur Lord and possibly a hobgoblin Lord as well to round it out

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I really like normal battle difficulty and very hard campaign..you get to feel like a genius when you win at some battles even when you're actually only ok at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Wait there's a new faction with grenade launchers? Cool!