Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
The huge map with all the factions on it is a big factor for ME's success, but also the fact that it's free-form and doesn't try and keep you on rails like the vortex and the chaos realm campaigns do. If they released the vortex map without the actual vortex mechanics, it would be a more popular selection though still a distant second to ME. The fact that CA doesn't appear to be very good at doing the story campaigns doesn't help, though everyone is praising the prologue campaign, so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
So people got into the files and found a potential list of all the immortal empire settlements/provinces: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/sujy21/combined_map_regions_from_the_game_file/

tl:dr : 192 provinces and 508 settlements in this map.

Here's a meme picture of what that map could look like considering those settlements: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/sul41q/warhammer_3_mortal_empires_based_off_the_game/

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Found in the game files:

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
If this was posted on here already then I apologize, but the DLC director Rich Aldridge did a interview by Arkcard and got summarized on the subreddit:

they realize the ancient salamander is a "meme" for being bad and changes to it haven't hit, will probably tweak its stats again

they want to fix the gate bug and the routing units charging into the enemy's city bug. they're aware of how much these things suck and that they have been in game since WH1. They want to fix them but it's obviously not an easy fix at this point

Rich says a couple times he wasn't involved in that, or it wasn't his call, when talking about the red UI or Slaanesh design.

They're aware of the community's dislike of dumb Throgg and preference for intellectual Throgg but have no plans on it.

Rich alludes to something, implementing some sort of feature or design from one of their other Total War titles into WHIII soon. They remain open to doing this and taking ideas from historical if it fits.

Rich knows that say Kroq-gar lacks mechanics compared to Snikch. They have lots of runway and time to work on these older factions but it pretty much has to be paired with development of new content.

Red UI is being worked on (no further details at the moment);

BAlance to faction mechanics and their usefulness is an ongoing work, so there are always changes when they find something that does not have a good impact. However, they are fine with some mechanics becoming obsolete during the course of the campaign (like Kislev's filling bar to the confederacy).

-Autoresolve: never a tool to make it exactly as if you would fight the battle, as they do want to "nudge you a bit" into experiencing some battles here and there. It is constantly being thought through, as the changes that were made to reflect which units will die, etc. (I repeatedly asked what values and factors go into it, and he said he would try to speak to the team to make it more transparent, but no promise on that);

-They check for feedback everywhere, from the forums, reddit, discord, YouTubers, chat on twitch, etc.

The mod community is amazing and they do enjoy giving them tools to ensure they manage to perform their work; some mods get fairly noticed, such as the respec mod, which he clarified it is high on their list, but have not found a way to put it in game properly (as in, they do not just want a button to do it). Many on the development team started in modding, so they are well aware of what it means.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

Looks like sea lanes are getting previewed tomorrow.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
The chaos factions are 100% being moved away from each other, someone is 100% starting in the southern chaos wastes, N"kari I believe is confirmed for ulthuan or as good as, etc. I think they realize its a problem.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/twwh3-ie-starting-positions/

Just the empire and demon starting positions this week

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
ME and it's a safe bet to assume IE, is just a sandbox thunderdome, the whole LL vs LL thing was a conceit to hype the dlc and for the story drive vortex/realm of chaos campaigns. Most of the "rivals" in WH2 were like a million miles away from each other. So I don't mind Kairos not having to be at constant war with Cathay. As for the rest, it's to surely mix in demons everywhere for the factions who would never get to fight them had they all been in their "canonical" positions in the north.

ad090 fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 28, 2022

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
There was a rumor that Wulfrik was also moving to the "Ulthuan Theatre" with N'kari, so I guess we'll see tomorrow.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
A dev outright said that TKs need some love, if's just when they get that lovin is the question, maybe it'll be a nice surprise when the beta drops.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Ghorst's 20% increase to research alone made him better then Tretch's/Khatep's entire campaigns, so im going with those as the least played.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Festus is so much better then Ku'gath it's hilariously sad, Ku'gath gets like 20 infections for occupying a settlement, Festus gets like 300, winning a big battle gets Ku'gath like 120+ infections compared to Festus getting 700+, I got chosen of nurgle and chaos knights by like turn 35-40 iirc, I still hadn't gotten my first chosen to cycle around at turn 80+, and chosen/knights are better then everything Ku'gath can get early/mid except Great Unclean Ones, which Festus can also get faster then Ku'gath.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
If it's been said my bad, but I like they added in two more UI colors, Sigvald Burgundy (purple) and Slaanesh Grey (grey, duh), they renamed all the other colors as well Caledor Sky, Warpstone Glow, Khorne Red.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
I know it's reddit, but the TW subreddit, is a much larger community then us here, and are more militant about wanting "IE finished". Also more unpleasant in how they express that frustation, but I do honestly believe more balance/bug fixing patches would hit better then something like this new game mode, that'll lose it's novelty rather quickly.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

Karanas posted:

I still don't know why people consider 3K to have been thrown out the window. Game had like 8 DLCs.

There were a couple of promised dlcs that were supposed to come out, but obviously never will, and a few potential more hinted at/hoped for, along with the obvious of never actually having a start date for the actual famed 3K.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

DaysBefore posted:

I thought it was the anti skaven building not walls that you need

Correct.

Roadmap is looking good, can't wait for more Cathay units, though powerful, I find them kind of bland.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

Scott Forstall posted:

any word on timing of 4.0 patch other than "Summer"?

it was good to have some time away after getting frustrated with the bugs and jank, but I think I'll dive back in with IE achievements, starting with the factions who are most complete/not slated for a future update. So many LLs I've never tried, I'm hoping 4.0 will be a good time to come back.

Almost certainly August.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
So for potential new units for Cathay we have from the ebook:

Wu-xing Monks
Crowmen things
Gate Master Lord/Hero
Wardrum of Shang-wu
Jade Warriors with Spears

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
I'm gonna buy it, but man I hope that price hike comes with a commitment to actually start fixing some of these bugs and make actual balance changes. FFS the patch where they were selling on us a admittedly small Bretonnia rework, didn't even work, and it's just now getting fixed in the next dlc.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Also if the new lord pack is 25 dollars, I assume the next race pack has to be 40-50 dollars. I guess the upside to that is with Ind, Kuresh, Nippon and Araby out for now, that's basically only Dogs of War left and maybe Hobgoblins?

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It always baffled me that they totally dropped three kingdoms, I thought with the popularity and china market they would at least pumped out a few more DLC for that as easy money.

They're making Three Kingdoms 2, and 3k dlcs didn't do so well I believe in sales, not to mention every single dlc broke the game for weeks/months, with bugs coming and going with every infrequent patch, and doesn't this all sound familiar.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
I feel like they need to push back the dlc planned for after Thrones of Decay (probably not a good idea to do it before Thrones considering the popularity of the factions involved), and do a big bugfix patch in between, and maybe a low effort pity LH or LL alongside the patch. The few bugs they do fix every 3-4 months are just replaced by a dozen+ more with the dlc patch itself. poo poo is starting to look like the Game of Thrones meme horse drawing. Whether they'd be allowed to do that by whoever or would want to is a different question.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Not sticking up for Legend at all, and especially not defending any of his antics in the past/future/present, but he isn't the only creator who's in the creator program/discord who has/had direct contact with devs, and been incredibly frustrated with their answers to balance/bug fixing concerns, if not their outright lying about things that will be fixed on the release of a patch.

Legend is probably the worst person to be the face of the community frustration with CA.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Ostankya campaign is fine, but I hate that they didn't just either make her a normal Kislev character or make her a literal Drycha clone, and sort of settled for a awkward middle ground. If you couldn't add Hag lords, at least make some spooky woodsy Boyars who joined up with her to have orgies in the woods or whatever and she just gets regular Boyars and Ice Witches.

Changeling is the worst campaign they've ever done imo, hit the end turn button at turn 1, and the campaign is over and won already, I don't give a poo poo if it's unique there's no tension, or jeopardy or anything, I was bored 3 minutes into it.

Yuan Bo is a good campaign, I really enjoyed it, especially starting near Wulfhart, I surrounded and turned him into a nice little farm for his defeat trait for all my Lords. The best of the Cathay campaigns, but I still think Cathay is missing some more fun units, I assume we're getting them with the Monkey King eventually.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Also the Celestial Lion mount is utter dogshit atm, but apparently CA confirmed its a bug, worse then the Longma mount by a mile for the Celestial General, despite being more expensive to be on and getting it 6 levels later.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

I guess we'll see later today if we get the trailer or something if this true, he also goes on to say that the layoffs should only affect the promotion of the dlc, but the dlc is still on course to release as intended, that they'll probably truncate the promotional stuff.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
New legend leaks:

4-6 more dlcs left for WH3

After that its 40k

Next historical game is WW1

Grain of salt, things subject to change, etc.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

Psycho Landlord posted:

lmao do you actually believe that putz

Legend isn't the only saying 40k is next, both LoremasterofSotek and milkandcookiestw are saying/have said similar things about it. As for the ww1 thing who knows, Med3 is probably a long ways away still, doubt we're getting Shogun 3 or rome 3 anytime soon if ever, and we've got rumors going around that the new 3K game has been axed, a gunpowder game for the next big historical franchise is probably right.

ad090 fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 5, 2024

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
whoops didn't mean to doublepost.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
When I posted the leaks from legend I tl:dr it for everyone cuz its legend. He does actually say in the video the reason why its ww1 for the next historical is, because they can use the new engine they're making for 40k for it. I don't think they would actually try and do 40k with the current Warhammer branch engine.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Gotrek and Felix are now Legendary Heroes
Gold Wizard is FLC

Heres a reddit post showing the new dwarf stuff: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/1c5h0c9/new_dwarf_stuff/

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Epidemius and Malakai starting postions:

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
New landmark for dwarfs:

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Defeat Traits:

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Who likes leaks and rumors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
All 3 (ww1, 40k, star wars) will use a new engine according to the "leaks", the new engine is only part of the reason the ww1 is currently turbofucked.