Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I wonder if Alarielle will get her War Beetle this time around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The ogres should've had a Big Texas/Southern accent. "Y'all hungry I'm starvin"

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

shittin nurglings rn

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

If you don't have kids they should let you take M/P-aternity leave on game release days and no one can say anything to you about it

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'd like it if in Immortal Empires, if a minor chaos-prone faction is threatened with extinction they might just turn to chaos gods and create a minor chaos invasion instead of just fighting with no chance.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

No performance problems on my 1080ti but for some reason the UI is more fuzzy at 1440p than it is in WH2

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'm really not liking the tower spam aspect of sieges

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The game is doing something odd that the previous games didn't do at all - occasionally on battles the entire game just freezes its processing, not the graphical updates or anything but there's a good two seconds where everything stays put.

Also one fun laugh is that if you hit Tzeench horse chaos knights with artillery it will occasionally fling those big flying discs all over the place as a fun death animation bug.

Also apparently Little Grom's cannon balls are deadly until they stop moving period, had one slowly roll down a hill after impact and unit of Khaine troops walk into it and suffer about 30% fatalities in the process.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

Can i make a confession? I'd pay for a super scripted campaign made in the image of the tutorial. It was fun. Give me immortal empires and then total war lite warcraft edition CA please.

I'd love more scripted mini campaigns that fleshed our smaller bits of lore and characters. The Markus campaign in Warhammer 2 was among my favorites for the same reason, it had some fun story tidbits that others lacked.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Need a mod that faintly plays the Gremlins theme when you zoom in close on Nurglins

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

If you combine ice sheet with Tempest's +accuracy and +range buff on an archer line even the T1 Kossars just obliterate everything in front of them. An Ice + Tempest caster army can have some powerful combos.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I think I'd like it if settlements were naturally field battles, the defenses make the map a minor settlement map and the second tier that currently adds walls instead dramatically increases the supplies you start with and get.

I'd like walled settlement battles to be minimized, I guess that's what I'm getting at. Also how the hell did CA take the lesson "Towers should really be significantly more threatening" from W2 rather than "One of the least fun mechanics in the game is towers"

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Omnicarus posted:

The game is doing something odd that the previous games didn't do at all - occasionally on battles the entire game just freezes its processing, not the graphical updates or anything but there's a good two seconds where everything stays put.

Following up here, I figured out that this is only happening for me in scripted missions where there is an area trigger that fires when a unit gets to a certain place. I'm guessing it's related to the game checking if a unit is there?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

It's going to be pretty funny when the most powerful faction in W3 ends up being Imrik again.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

In the chaos realms AI should have to hold the soul they get for the full duration of the rift so if they get it before you there's a shot and beating the current holder, also for blocking an AI from winning just by chance of movement range.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Also at least a few of the city maps allow for layered fire so you can just unload all your ranged units on whoever is coming down the alley, meanwhile Melee only sieges are a slog while you get plinked by infinite towers.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Streltsi can fire over Dwarven Thunderers' heads, meaning you can double stack a Kislev gunline. Combined with ice sheet and Gust of True Flight you delete everything in front of you in less than a minute.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Everything gets a wall in my games, everything. Minor town? Get a wall. City? You get a wall. Traitor? You get a wall. Demon? You get a wall.

The walls of Kislev are vast and very, very red.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Third World Reagan posted:

The heal is ok, but I find the +MA better. Even the +Vigor is better when you take them with bear cav.

Agreed the heal is a trap option, the +MA lets your melee line do some serious damage quickly, and the +Vigor is fantastic when paired with cavalry, or with ranged since ranged attacks tire troops out pretty fast now.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Nah Auto Resolve is resolved against the player atm

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

What Warhammer 3 is really missing:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

A Perfect Twist posted:

There is a weird frustration with some units on the battlefield. Units will sometimes not do as ordered and will just kind of get stuck on an animation or something...like slowly lurching in place. If the unit has the ability to fire at will they will stop that too. It doesn't always happen but it means orders need to be issued more than once.

I thought it might be because they are in guard mode but sometimes it happens when I order to move to a slightly different unit depth. Maybe it is single unit hitboxes colliding that the game is having trouble calculating?

Another odd one is Tsarina on her bear will stop fighting a multiple entity unit she is ordered to attack after the initial charge and the special animations play (I think the bear mauls a single entity). If that unit runs away she will not follow.

I think Mandalore mentioned it in his YouTube review of the game. I guess this is pretty small beer in the history of Total War bugs but it is noticeable.

I've noticed this several times too, it seems to happen the most near terrain that is not even, I wonder if there is some LOS bug that is cancelling attacks

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The soul battles should either have checkpoints to save in them or should be splittable into multiple battles, those are some long rear end battles and the game doesn't really tell you.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'm not sure what the point of the Gryphon Legion cavalry is supposed to be in the Kislev roster. They are the same tier as bear cavalry and seem significantly worse in most respects.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'd like the Demon Prince more if he had an exponential power curve instead of just being a wet fart. Weak at the start but by the end a Taurox/Skarsbrand style one entity army.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Give the Demon Prince the chance to just eat the demon souls and get a major permanent buff from it, so you can either get them for the book or you can just turbocharge your own power level and start stomping the opposition.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I like the Patriarch that sounds just like Charlie Day.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Skarbrand with the Sword of Slaanesh and +ward items and the regen banner doesn't even take damage anymore in my Corn run.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Giant 1.2gb update just pushed on Steam, no notes yet though

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Hey they fixed the whole "Rifts keep opening after you win" thing!

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

One of the first mod being settlement capture pictures replacing the red icons is hilarious

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

There's a turbo horny mod for Stellaris, not having a WH3 horny mod was never an option.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Twigand Berries posted:

Modders hear me out.

Nurgle is god of death and decay but also life and growth so like life is about reproduction so Nurgle is the sex god not Slaanesh

i want to see some swing on my plaguebearers. Make ‘em big and swinging.

The Nurgling battering ram should just be a big ole homewrecker carried by piles of nurglings.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Game needs more Darthmod loading screens.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

8-Bit Dracula posted:

Found no answer googling. Will mods disable achievements?

Nope

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I really hate NFT people. DTF people are pretty cool though

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'm liking Cathay way more than I thought I would, they play kind of like the Dawi but actually fun and not so slow you can take a nap during a charge order.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'd love a Greenskin unit called the Blokkchainz which is just a grumpgrong whiping big chains around left and right and sowing mayhem

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Kanos posted:

"Rome 2 was worse" is a completely irrelevant nothing statement. Rome 2 is a nearly decade old product and was made when the company had a lot less institutional knowledge and experience with the engine. It sure as gently caress should be worse!

The game is sorta playable in its current state, especially if you mod it, but I would rate it as worse than launch TWW2 in my own personal book, and it's hard for me to work up the enthusiasm to play it that much despite racking up hundreds of hours in TWW2 and still starting new campaigns every so often. My main beefs:
  • The crushed economy compared to TWW2 is good in that it helps combat brainless doomstacking, but it ends up feeling awful because it badly exacerbates the problem of "you're spamming the shittiest dogshit tier 1 troops everywhere until turn 70 because it's all you can afford for most factions. hope you like kossars/peasants!" and i'm bored to loving tears of it. I'd rather have high tier units limited by expandable caps than have them limited by a crushingly tight economy.
  • The siege/settlement rework is a complete and total failure on almost every level in the context of a campaign. I actually wonder if they really thought it would be fun to play dozens of settlement map battles given how long and grindy and boring they can be, and the city pathfinding and line of sight is absolutely terrible, especially in the context of unit sizes being on ultra now so you're trying to cram hundreds of guys through an alleyway while their formation AI completely breaks down and refuses to move the way you want constantly. The only army I have any fun doing these on is Slaanesh, because Slaanesh is the only army that's fast enough to really exploit how huge the maps are.
  • The autoresolve change was absolutely terrible. If you play on higher difficulties, they might as well have removed the button from the game. You'll take hundreds of casualties against a stack you can trivially smash, and you'll lose armies to a random half stack of peasants. For several factions(Slaanesh and Tzeentch stand out here), you can never press the button at all because your replenishment is so bad that the casualties it will give you are unsustainable. Yeah, I know, you can lower the difficulty before every time you autoresolve - that sucks poo poo.

I still think it's really, really funny how they spent an enormous amount of time and effort reworking the siege system to have way more complex maps and mechanics while seemingly forgetting that one of the primary reasons they moved to the simple one-front siege maps in TWW1 and 2 was because the AI was too stupid to handle anything more complex.

I'll add to this that there are a few mechanics that immediately just kill my desire to play the game when they pop up. It's amazed they made it in the final game:
  • The final soul grinder grind is a tedious, uninteresting mess of identical high tier monster stacks being thrown at you randomly.
  • The Tzeech faction mechanics are absolutely horrible to be on the recieving end of when all Tzeech factions set their eye on you, and they give minimal player feedback. Armies randomly appear, you get halted every few turns, etc. Getting halted while trying to finish a chaos realm is just bleh.
  • The survival battles are far too long and drawn out and identical to warrant having five of them in the main campaign. I did exactly one and then just autoresolved them.
  • The siege system still suffers from routing units fleeing into your super-deep fortresses, regaining morale, and then capping points. Great Bastion maps in particular suffer from this.
  • Some of the maps are so poorly designed that I don't think they were reviewed after initial design. In particular the maps where one side starts in a hole next to a shitload of unnavigable terrain features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I found the tutorial campaign far more enjoyable than the main campaign and I would've liked more campaign structures like that as opposed to the chaos realms campaigns.