Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Pretzels, peanut butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Peggy Edson posted:

Pepperoni cheese crescents

Open a pack of crescent rolls and unroll
Put half of a string cheese on the crescent roll
Put 3-4 slices of pepperoni on the roll and roll it up, closing the ends

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, dip in marinara

hmmm. tomorrow is the superbowl and therefore that justifies me eating an entire crescent roll pack of this in one sitting.

:thunk:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Really depends on your threshold OP.

Less than half an hour of prep:
Roasted or stir fried veg with a protein, very common weeknight meal would be something like porkchops + stir fry and rice.

Less than ten minutes:
Instant noodles with something like onion, mushroom, celery, etc, 1 or 2 quickly diced ingredients, boil it, add noodles, poach an egg in there, and done.

Microwave only:
Leftovers. I p much always make a big thing or two on the weekend and/or a short day at work so I have a big pot of soup to just plop in a bowl and zap, though honestly this is more often for lunch than dinner.

Raccoon:
Fistful of nuts, pb sandwiches, pb on a spoon.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 13, 2022

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Can of black beans mixed with a can of tuna in olive oil. Mix and eat cold. 700 calories w/ plenty of fiber and protein. Under 5 bucks.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

For a hot meal, spaghetti w/ pesto.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Can of black beans mixed with a can of tuna in olive oil. Mix and eat cold. 700 calories w/ plenty of fiber and protein. Under 5 bucks.

This sounds like something id eat while black out drunk

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

This sounds like something id eat while black out drunk

:hmmyes:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Sometimes I'll go outside and eat lawn like a goat

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Nap Ghost

Schweinhund posted:

Sometimes I'll go outside and eat lawn like a goat

we get it. you have a nice grass

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

An onion a bell pepper and frozen chicken thighs cooked in a pan, pour in a chunky salsa like Pace, add some cheese and eat in a tortilla.

The fancy quick meal is to add a curry spice mix to some oil for a minute, add a can of tomato bisque soup and some chicken. Discount curry night

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Childhood fishstick nostalgia is probably propping this one up a bit but they make decent tacos and you can easily prep the cabbage/cilantro/tomatoes/cheese/lime wedges/tartar sauce/whatever else you want on them while they're in the oven. It's sort of a guilty pleasure and one of my favorite zero effort dinners :yum:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Chinatown posted:

shin ramyun

thats it thats the recipe

Surely you're springin for the black?

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
I subsist mainly on triscuits and cheddar cheese. trying a nice cave aged vermont cheddar this week.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dear God no

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Every now and then, I like to cook and eat like I’m 10 years old again. Boxed macaroni & cheese or instant ramen. Healthy? gently caress no. Quick and easy to make? gently caress yes.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Nap Ghost

You Are A Elf posted:

Every now and then, I like to cook and eat like I’m 10 years old again. Boxed macaroni & cheese or instant ramen. Healthy? gently caress no. Quick and easy to make? gently caress yes.

yeah like a ten year old, or, ya know, just poor

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Cus cus, a boiled egg and one tomatoe

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yeah like a ten year old, or, ya know, just poor

:rolleyes:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
How many rich 10-year-olds are there?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gleebster posted:

How many rich 10-year-olds are there?

Richie Rich so at least one documented one

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
every meal is a low effort meal when you're an expert chef like myself. maybe if i really truly can't be bothered ill just whip up a beef wellington or some poo poo

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

currently chowing down on a tomato, yogurt and "the basil that was in the fridge that had already started to go weird" wrap. Willing to field questions.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Brutal Garcon posted:

currently chowing down on a tomato, yogurt and "the basil that was in the fridge that had already started to go weird" wrap. Willing to field questions.

Don’t put basil in the fridge that’s why it was going weird

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

sootikins posted:

I subsist mainly on triscuits and cheddar cheese. trying a nice cave aged vermont cheddar this week.

This dude knows what's up.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fartington Butts posted:

Surely you're springin for the black?

goes without saying

i am a man of good taste

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Garlick Triscuit, extra sharp cheddar and a nice apple

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
depends on how you quantify "meals"

my go-to low effort meal is quesadillas, put a tortilla on the stove and throw in some cheese and whatever else you got and in a couple minutes it's dinner

but otoh I have been known to just eat peanut butter out of the jar when I'm hungry and actual food is too much effort, so

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm really lazy so I get this cracker cut cheese that are the perfect size for my cracked pepper and olive oil triscuits. Sometimes I cut up some summer sausage and have that on the cracker too.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The uhh, cheese log is already square like a Triscuit it's pretty easy to slice.

Prove move: store cheddar cheese wrapped in waxed paper inside a ziplock bag. It stops it from molding for a very long time but also keeps the cheese moist

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This dude knows what's up.

:hmmyes:

the vast majority of the "effort" is going to Aldi and picking out my cheese.

it's my very bougie activity

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just chop various veggies up into roughly equal sized chunks or slices, liberally drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake on a tray at 400F for about 40 min.

may need to adjust +/- 10 min depending on what you got in there and how full the tray is, like broccoli might need less time to avoid charring, and potatoes or really dense veggies might need 50 min). put a whole bulb of garlic in there too, you don't even need to peel it first -- the skin will come off easily after it's roasted.

only drawback to this is that you need to plan ahead an hour or so to preheat and chop, but the prep is fast and easy, the veggies will be delicious, and there's minimal cleanup.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You still have to clean up your poop.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Zeluth posted:

You still have to clean up your poop.

well you could hire a nurse to do it for you

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it would probably be cheaper than hiring a personal chef

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want you in my home to sample a good meal.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

What the gently caress :barf:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Don’t put basil in the fridge that’s why it was going weird

fuc

SA-Anon
Sep 15, 2019
A red potato, microwaved for about 2 minutes in one of those potato bag things, similar to an oven mitt.

Then sprinkle a bit of salt on each bite.

**Edit
I can eat it over the sink, for ultimate low effort.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Those frozen meat pies banquet sells. They’re only a buck each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Nap Ghost

SA-Anon posted:

A red potato, microwaved for about 2 minutes in one of those potato bag things, similar to an oven mitt.

Then sprinkle a bit of salt on each bite.

this is the low effort cookbook, not the anarchist cookbook