Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Those frozen meat pies banquet sells. They’re only a buck each

America needs more meat pie options in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
A nice charcutier plate from traitor joes and a glass of vodka of the gods.

An unbeatable breakfast and it is keto friendly.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
potato skins

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lately I've been baking chicken breast and chopping it up in those salad kits that come in a bag

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Mashed potatoes. Peel the potatoes, cut them, and throw them in the slow cooker with water and seasonings, and let it do the rest of the work.

Frozen fish. Let it thaw out, cook it on the pan with spices and you're good to go in a few minutes.

Pancakes. I use flour, baking powder, 1/3 of a banana and water. Mix it up, pour it into the pan. So good. I use honey on top. I make them every morning, just about.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Good Sphere posted:

Mashed potatoes. Peel the potatoes, cut them, and throw them in the slow cooker with water and seasonings, and let it do the rest of the work.

Frozen fish. Let it thaw out, cook it on the pan with spices and you're good to go in a few minutes.

Pancakes. I use flour, baking powder, 1/3 of a banana and water. Mix it up, pour it into the pan. So good. I use honey on top. I make them every morning, just about.

this is three different recipes?

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

this is three different recipes?

Actually, those might be good together, now that I think about it.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Oatmeal with a big handful of nuts

Avocado with tortilla chips

Aldi has this great 7-layer dip that I eat with tortilla chips too

Really low effort I eat a bag of cookies or croutons or something and call it a meal

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Toast bread crumbs and garlic in a pan. Add grated parm and keep toasting. Break up lumps. Toss in cooked, butteresd/olive oiled pasta. Sprinkle with green poo poo if desired.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Good Sphere posted:

This is the low effort thread ya dingus

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

A handful of raw oatmeal. Maybe washed down with almond milk.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Peanut butter toast and pepperoni on the side goes together way better than you'd think.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just ate an apple it was pretty low effort

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Just don’t eat. Learn to cherish the acidic pit in your stomach instead of getting fat. People should not be fat.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Go to the shop to buy stuff for dinner, but also buy a bag of nuts. Eat those nuts on the way home and forget about dinner.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wendigee posted:

Prove move: store cheddar cheese wrapped in waxed paper inside a ziplock bag. It stops it from molding for a very long time but also keeps the cheese moist

These are the money posts, does anyone else have food secrets they're holding out on?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Nooner posted:

This is the low effort thread ya dingus

What, you don't have one of these at home?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTrUGcMOKyY

itry
Aug 23, 2019

ArbitraryC posted:

Raccoon:
Fistful of nuts, pb sandwiches, pb on a spoon.

Also lol

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Peaople are beat up at Thrasheres.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SilvergunSuperman posted:

These are the money posts, does anyone else have food secrets they're holding out on?

Who the gently caress made it to adult hood and loving needed to be told "oh poo poo I should put the leftover cheese in a BAG! What a GREAT idea!"?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
A bottle of Popov 100 proof vodka and pepsi

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Basic idiot vegetable soup

An onion
Some garlic, like 3-4 cloves
A few carrots
Two or three celery sticks
One or two largeish potatoes, washed and scrubbed but don’t bother peeling them, the skin is where the flavour and nutrition hide
1 400 gram tin chopped tomatoes
A cup of frozen corn
A cup of frozen peas
Half cup red lentils
A cup pearl barley
Some dried thyme, basil, parsley, in whatever proportions taste good to you
4 cups / 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock

Chop the garlic and onions really fine, cook in a soup pot with a little olive oil on medium heat until they just change colour

Chop the rest of the veg into roughly evenly sized bite-size chunks, toss them in

Add the stock, herbs, tomatoes, lentils, barley, give it a good stir

Bring it to a simmer and cover it until the vegetables are tender, the lentils have pretty much dissolved and the barley has puffed up. Stir every now and then so it doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pot

Add the frozen stuff, give it another 5-10 minutes to come back to a simmer

Throw the pot on the floor and eat it right off the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sesq posted:

imo if you're turning on the stove, that's too much effort. Keep an eye on boiling water? gently caress that.

Red Beans and Rice:

1 microwave bag of regular Uncle Ben's rice
1 can of Blue Runner Creamed Red Beans (availability subject to location)
some precooked andouille/Cajun-style smoked sausage (optional)

Microwave the rice. Put it in a bowl. Put the beans/sausage in the bowl. Maybe microwave it for a few more seconds.

Two servings, 375 calories per serving without sausage.

Yeah. Uncle bens rice with some beans, is a great low effort meal. Can/jar of chili/Bolgnease sauce also works
Adding in andouille/Cajun-style smoked sausage definitely if you have some laying around. If not adding some hot sauce is good for a bit more heat.
Can all be done with a microwave and one bowl in about 4 minutes.

Can also chop up some capsicum for it while your waiting for everything to microwave. but yeah if your making this sort of meal you're probably not in the mood for chopping so whatever.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bargearse posted:

Basic idiot vegetable soup

LOL the basics of low effort vegetable soup is you buy a can of vegetable soup.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

A plate of potato chips, some shredded cheese on top, microwave, drizzle BBQ sauce on top, enjoy.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

1 box Pasta-roni
1 can chicken breast
Panko bread crumbs
Spice of your choice (I tend to use Cajun seasoning)

Make pasta as instructed.
While the pasta is boiling, season and fry the chicken breast in olive oil.
When the pasta is done boiling, add the chicken before letting the sauce cool and thicken.
Stir the pasta and chicken together and top with panko.

Let sit for 5 minutes, then enjoy!

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 14, 2022

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
2 scrambled eggs, ham, and cheese on an English muffin

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Frozen tater tots or popcorn chicken in the air fryer for about 15 minutes, turns out better than most fast food places.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
cup of rice in a sheet pan, 1.5 cups water
frozen corn/canned beans on top
mix in chicken stock/crispy chili garlic/hot sauce/soy/maggi/garlic powder/cumin/saffron/sambal olek etc etc depending on mood that day

preheat steam function on oven, 100% relative humidity, 212 degrees

uncovered for 30 mins

meanwhile broil some vacuum sealed pastor-style pork shoulder until crispy, tear, add to rice when done. or some chicken thighs are good too. somehting you can crisp up a bit anyway.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 14, 2022

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Frozen cheese pizza, put some fresh veggies/pepperoni on it, some extra cheese, in the oven for 15 minutes, bam! delicious super-quick pizza that you can adapt to whatever you have lying around in the fridge

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Walrus posted:

mix in chicken stock/crispy chili garlic/hot sauce/soy/maggi/garlic powder/cumin/saffron/sambal olek etc etc depending on mood that day

uncovered for 30 mins

meanwhile broil some vacuum sealed pastor-style pork shoulder until crispy, tear, add to rice when done. or some chicken thighs are good too. somehting you can crisp up a bit anyway.

Lemme just break out the saffron, and my ready to go Al pastor pork and set my oven to steam with its custom humidity setting all of which I totally have and then broil the pork in my other oven for a nice easy meal

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Smoke'em if you got them.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Walrus posted:

uncovered for 30 mins

Sounds like poo poo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

Lemme just break out the saffron, and my ready to go Al pastor pork and set my oven to steam with its custom humidity setting all of which I totally have and then broil the pork in my other oven for a nice easy meal

you read it and typed this so i win

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Beef stew in a pressure cooker.

Takes like 20 minutes, stupid simple to make and is enough for 1-2 meals a day for two weeks.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Cheese.

Any will do.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Spending $3500 on an oven with steam function so I can make some lukewarm bullshit topped with pork from a bag.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Fingernails

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

pretty much every week i'll do 2 salad nights. get 2 bag salad kits, and either a bag of chicken patties or a pork loin. Getting the teriyaki pork loin + asian salad kits or the peppercorn ranch salad kit and chicken patties, cook the meat, chop it up, toss it on a salad, bam, dinner. minimal effort, tasty and reasonably healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Ingredients
* 1 cup rice
* 2 cups water
* 1 can Hormel chili w/ beans

Directions
1) Boil rice until it's cooked.
2) Dump the whole can in there.
3) Warm it up so the can of chili doesn't make everything cold.
4) (optional) Throw a slice of cheddar cheese on there and microwave it.

Good Sphere posted:

You peel the potatoes before you cook & mash them? :effort: