Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Five can soup from the South Beach diet or something similar.

Can of black beans, drained
Can of red beans, drained
Can of refried beans
Can of chicken broth
Can of Rotel (diced tomatoes and chilis)

Dump in pot. Warm. Eat. Looks horrible. Filling and tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

YeahTubaMike posted:

You peel the potatoes before you cook & mash them? :effort:

The skin is, unironically, the tastiest and best part of the potato

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Who What Now posted:

The skin is, unironically, the tastiest and best part of the potato

I agree. I mean, I'll eat peel-less mashed potatoes, but I prefer it with the peels in (which admittedly I learned from being too lazy to peel potatoes before mashing them).

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

dr_rat posted:

LOL the basics of low effort vegetable soup is you buy a can of vegetable soup.

Pfft sure, if you want to give your money to Campbells like a sucker

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Bargearse posted:

Pfft sure, if you want to give your money to Campbells like a sucker

gently caress that, Progresso 4 lyfe

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

YeahTubaMike posted:

gently caress that, Progresso 4 lyfe

I don’t think we have that in this dumb country. We’ve got Heinz, Campbells and Amy’s if you’re feeling fancy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Rao’s soup is the best and it’s in a glass jar so you know it’s good.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Whatever you do marinade your meat before hand. Put a bunch of your favorite seasonings, spices, herbs, and some bullion in warm water and make a thick slurry and then let your meat rest in that for at least half an hour, but longer is better. Your food will be 10x as delicious for like no extra effort.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Bargearse posted:

I don’t think we have that in this dumb country. We’ve got Heinz, Campbells and Amy’s if you’re feeling fancy

drat, that's a shame. Progresso's chicken corn chowder is my lifeblood.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Amy's makes a decent soup. I prefer their Thai Coconut or mushroom bisque.

As for other cheapies, I like to fry up some corn tortillas and slather on some fruit butter ot jam and maybe add some berries or ehat have you. Also works with toast or whatever.

Hummus, a lot

Avocado and crackers. Its like avocado toast, only more casual and easygoing

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Convenience store nachos can be good.

empty out a pack of corn chips, cover with a jar of salsa, add shredded cheese on top.

Cook in either oven if you have time, or microwave will do in a pinch (if everyone's very stoned/very drunk microwaves the safe bet). Add sour cream/sweet chili sauce/hot sauce/chili flakes/guacamole on top, if available and you can be bothered, to taste.

easy, decent, traditional stoner food.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
ham and eggs / two pigs' feet and Cap'n Crunch

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Rao’s soup is the best and it’s in a glass jar so you know it’s good.

CAN CONFIRM. The red sauces are awesome, even though most canned poo poo is trash. This stuff made me swear off making Bolognese way harder than it needs to be forever.

Can't really contribute to the thread though, I put as much love into my food as possible, because it's one of like 3 things that bring me any joy in this miserable hell we live in.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Cacio e pepe is pretty good, cheap and filling and pretty low effort. I don't handle cheese real well so I make a fake cheese version:

https://www.kitchentreaty.com/vegan-cacio-e-pepe/

really just process the cashews and nutritional yeast and boil 1/2 a package of whole wheat spaghetti noodles and you're done in less than 20 minutes, and it makes a lot.

Throw some sardines on it or blacken some red bell pepper or zucchini in the oven and that's lunch and dinner for a couple days.

e: Lazier version: make noodles and put oil (or butter), salt, and pepper on it I guess?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Why would i make bullshit fake cheese if im just going to add sardines lol

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Dumped some chicken thighs in a pot with stock, a can of chipotle peppers, onions and a can of navy beans then left it on low

Took a few hours to finish but made a pretty decent stewlike dish

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Nooner posted:

Why would i make bullshit fake cheese if im just going to add sardines lol

I'm not a vegan, I just don't do well with cheese. Lots of recipes use cheese, but vegan recipes don't, so they're a good place to go if you don't do cheese.

Anyway, make it with cheese if you want.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
chicken ceasar salad

handfull of pumpkin seeds

jug of donkey cum

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

They sell that at costco?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
actually just tried that Raos sauce for the first time tonight and agree it is pretty dang good for jarred sauce. nooner seal of approval

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Avocado, thin bits of pre-pickled red onion (I admit I usually use non pickled onion) , loose bits of leftover salad or slaw, and lox, on toasted bread. Maybe thinly sliced bits of cherry tomato or other similar leftovers. Seasoning up to you.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Raps soups are good but the wedding soup is more medicinal tasting than the one at the local Italian joint

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

interwhat posted:

Can't really contribute to the thread though, I put as much love into my food as possible, because it's one of like 3 things that bring me any joy in this miserable hell we live in.

the best low-effort food is leftovers from the thing you spent 3 hours cooking on the weekend

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Avocado, thin bits of pre-pickled red onion (I admit I usually use non pickled onion) , loose bits of leftover salad or slaw, and lox, on toasted bread. Maybe thinly sliced bits of cherry tomato or other similar leftovers. Seasoning up to you.

I feel like avocado is automatically high-effort because of the ripening process, but that's just me

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Nooner posted:

actually just tried that Raos sauce for the first time tonight and agree it is pretty dang good for jarred sauce. nooner seal of approval

Even if you watch YouTube chefs on cooking channels it’s not uncommon to see them use canned tomatoes for pasta sauce, the reality is the production/shipping process to get “fresh” tomatoes often leaves them less flavorful than something jarred or canned after being picked in it’s prime, so prepackaged red sauce is deffo one of those things that there’s no real objective reason to poo poo on.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Americans breed tomatoes vegetables for shelf life and portability, not for flavor.

It's weird eating produce outside the US, and even outside the Midwest.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
A bowl of diarrhea, with dog balls

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

there’s an angel hair pasta that cooks in two minutes. i throw it in a pan with just enough water (hot from the tap) to cover it. boil, drain, then throw in some butter / pepper / parm

grits, whole milk, molasses and some salt

English muffin with cream cheese, butter, and some finishing salt

Each of the above take five minutes start to finish :]

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hope you got the hightec, consuming water from a hot water heater is nasty af

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
If you can or are willing to buy the ingredients: Instant ramen, but instead of using the seasoning packet alone you put in stuff like miso and tofu. If you've got a day where you can do some low-effort food prep in advance then boil some eggs to your liking and throw them into the fridge until you need one for noodles. I like a tiny bit of peanut butter with my noodles too, and some leftover meat or veggies if I've got any.

Cook the noodles in a microwaved bowl if boiling water on the stove is too much effort for any reason (like all the pots are dirty and you have to eat right now), even if it means having to break the block in half or quarters. If it's a really low effort day and I somehow don't even have instant ramen, I'll sometimes make a small cup of just miso soup.

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
Here's one that's pretty low effort and makes a lot of food.

1# ground sausage
1 box uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice (NOT the instant kind, it is gross)
1 bag frozen Lima beans (babies or fordhook are fine)

Fry up sausage in a skillet that is too big. I like mine with lots of crispies so it's burnt to gently caress. Drain grease, set aside.

Prepare rice as directed

Prepare Lima beans as directed

Mix sausage, rice, beans in the skillet, maybe hit it with a little heat.

Yummo for a couple days.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
2-3 eggs fried in a small amount of butter, single flip, runny yolks. Salt and pepper to taste.

2 slices of bread, toasted. Butter while eggs are flipped.

Some fruit or raw vegetables. Bit of cheese if I'm in the mood.

Takes me 5 minutes and I pride myself on rarely breaking the yolk when I flip the eggs. Maybe 1 out of a dozen.

My family prefers to fry eggs in copious amounts of bacon fat. They also don't flip them, but use a big spoon to pour boiling fat over the tops until they are done. The yolk stays runny at least. I enjoy the flavour but can't handle how greasy they are.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 18, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

microwave a onion. 10 minutes

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I want to incorporate more beans in my diet. I gotta find out some lazy meals with beans. But not like, a cold can of beans and a can of sardines mixed together or whatever that dude said earlier.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I want to incorporate more beans in my diet. I gotta find out some lazy meals with beans. But not like, a cold can of beans and a can of sardines mixed together or whatever that dude said earlier.

A good way to start is just replace ground beef with black or red kidney beans. Chili or tacos are just as good if not better.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

poo poo fished out of ur turlet

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Cavauro posted:

microwave a onion. 10 minutes

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
1: Buy bag of beef jerky.

2: Eat contents of bag of beef jerky.

3: Discard empty bag that once held beef jerky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

I agree. I mean, I'll eat peel-less mashed potatoes, but I prefer it with the peels in (which admittedly I learned from being too lazy to peel potatoes before mashing them).

I end up peeling most of the time, I don’t mind the skin per say but if the bag of potatoes isn’t an almost new/completely fresh bag then usually there’s enough blemishes that it’s almost easier to just peel em than it is to keep picking out spots.