Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

MatzoMaker AAR

This was a rough one. SA-2 was on its game and totally swamped our initial cap. Eventually though we degraded its ammo storage level through attrition and the op continued.

The 3AD armor zone was fairly well degraded, I think Enfield and Panther 1 had good hunting. This zone was mostly hands off for me as Panther 1 / Enfield 1 traded target information well on 262.

Colt went in to both sites and managed to knock out the SA-6. Panther 3 came screaming in like a bat out of hell and knocked out something. Dodge M2K's came in and unfortunately ate Shilka/AAA and we did not have good effect with the Durandals. This was tough to watch, they were lined up well, just the AAA was too dense. At that point we started RTB'ing assets and staging CAP backwards. Panther 1-1 did a great job of screening some Lebanese MIG-21's while Enfield RTB'd until other Panthers could come in to help out.

In hindsight I should have tasked Enfield with using Sidearms to smuck SA-2's and follow up with armor strikes with Colt to focus specifically on AAA before we sent in the M2K's. Though I think the AAA was going to be a tough egg regardless. We could have used Panther 1 with Mav's to clear out the AAA at both sites, but then we'd have had less 3 AD armor knocked out. Tough choices across the board.

Folks are flying more professionally and doing a great job getting into the air without ATC. These are tough missions, and I think we're doing fairly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Just a cool guy not looking back at the explosion.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I was stoked at Devil flight’s success. Mine own in particular! :v: Especially after the embarrassing last mission. Mine own in particular! :v:

Great success!

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Beautiful

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Who is this pilot here? This is one of the coolest pictures by far in this campaign.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

Who is this pilot here? This is one of the coolest pictures by far in this campaign.

:clint:

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Vahakyla posted:

It Sneep

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Sneep showboatin and disobeying orders as per usual

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

What orders did I disobey? Ones you didn't give me?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
...here we go again.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Sneep, you're a loose cannon, your mouth is writing checks your body can't cash.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Actually, I think we have some very fat checks to cash after this mission, maybe with some medals too :madmax:

Panther 3 - Day 5 Afternoon Debrief/BDA
Panther 3-1 - Sneep
Panther 3-2 - Arbitrary

We departed Ramat-David and orbited around the Sea of Galilee for a bit waiting for other flights to catch up and clear the air. We eventually just decided to drop down to the deck and fly in since it's really wasn't going to get much safer for us. On our way down 3-2 ate a missile and I came across two MiG-23s, which I got credit for destroying both on my screen. I continued to Marj Ruhayyil, but was not lined up at all when I hit the edge of the airfield and my Mk-82s landed off target but managed to destroy a hangar and damage a MiG parked nearby. I did a 180 turn to try to find the C&C buildings to drop my Mk-84s, which I managed to do, but it wasn't clear how effective I was. On my way out I came across two MiG-23s that just took off and tried to shoot them but my missiles were defeated by lag. I burned away safely back to Ramat-David to rearm.

3-2 respawned and made it back to Marj Ruhayyil and made a very effective pass with Mk-82s on a row of MiG-23s, damaging or destroying 3. He also hit the C&C buildings, clearly destroying one of them. Unfortunately, his plane was hit by AAA and an Igla, but he managed to glide it back to friendly territory and ejected. Meanwhile, I made it back to the AO and made my own pass on the row of MiGs, damaging another two. I also dropped both of my Mk-84s on the two C&C buildings, but that's impossible to confirm with tacview since they don't show up :lol:. I was hit by enemy AAA and ran out of fuel over enemy territory. I made a donation of my jet's fuselage to the nearest city and parachuted down to their welcoming arms.

Most importantly, we looked badass doing all of this :getin: Screenshots from Muhlump and Arbitrary
3-1's second pass over Marj Ruhayyil

3-2's post-pass damage :whitewater:

3-1's plane donation (lots of screaming and cheering!!)

BDA pictures.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

gently caress SNEEP posted:

3-2's post-pass damage :whitewater:

lmao, I think if you can see clean through that part of the plane, you're not doing much flying anymore IRL

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Aluf Yooper Planning Update

So, about those SAM's. We've got some ideas, and if the US Military decides to help out, all the better. But before we nail down any plans, here's our SAM / EWR situation.

This shows the terrain, we'll go back to a black map for LOS plots. Radar types on my sim may not match exactly what is in DCS, but it'll be fine for LOS info. All of this assumes 2500 ft.

Southern most radar near al Sheikh Maskin has coverage to the sea.

Damascus Southwest has great coverage as well.

As does Damascus West...

Same with Damascus North.

The site at Damascus Intl covers to the Syrian border.

As does the sites at Marj al Sultan heliport.

And lastly a site at Damascus East.

As you can tell, if we take out half of these EWR the Syrians still have great coverage. Even down to 250 ft AGL the terrain doesn't do poo poo to mask our entry from Israel. Now if you enter from Lebanon you are on top of a bunch of EWR really quick, but also on top of one of the densest concentrations of SAM's outside of North Korea. This is a tough nut to crack, we've got some ideas, and once my team gets back from lunch at McDonalds then we'll keep working on it.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
We resume campaign Day 2 this coming saturday in a week.

DCS has started a module sale on their website, and Steam sale will soon follow.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

WARNING ORDER ---OPERATION RACOON SPAGHETTI--- WARNING ORDER

Ever seen a racoon eating spaghetti? I certainly haven't as there aren't any racoons in Israel, but it sounds like an apt metaphor.

Now that Jordan is fully invested with the US and Israeli goals, we have an opportunity to assist our ally while also removing a thorn from our side, and that's the southern flank.

GOALS

1. DEAD of EWR>SA-2>SA-6>SA-3 of the southern region. (The green box area). If we can neutralize the long range stuff it will give us some maneuver room without dancing SAM's all the time.
2. Strike Syrian armor and logistics to support the IAF 210th Division. We have M60's don't shoot M60's.
3. Draw the Syrian air force away from SAM cover and use our superior flight and technological advantage.

More details will follow, but flight leads, please start thinking about this. Particularly if you see a fitting mission for your team.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Can someone smarter than me figure out some waypoints or a phase line or something for CAP to use as a place to loiter then place to move forward to lure enemy fighters then drag back to? Some thought put into SAM ranges and all that pilot stuff about when to engage and fire and turn or whatever pilots do?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The Sea of Galilee is an obvious loiter point. You can use it as a fixed reference point to hostiles to set an initial intercept for anyone being tasked and its an easy visial reference for pilots looking to reset and reform.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Attention Naval Aviators. Due to the continued aggression from syria and their interference with our aircraft the state department has decided to renew our direct cooperation and coordination with Israel. This will take immediate effect for our operational planning.

In totally unrelated news I clearly have caught some horrible bug on liberty and will be confined to quarters until further notice. Operational planning will fall directly to the flight leads of Devil and Colt for the next two operation cycles.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

OPERATION TEL-AVIV VACATION

What do the British like? Going to sunny places, drinking to excess, fighting the police, public drunkenness, and vomiting. So we are lulling our opponents into complacency by telling them the Invincible is going to Tel Aviv for a holiday.

Except that's not the whole story...

MISSION GOAL

Strike the southwest EWR, SAM's, and armor threatening the Israeli 210th Mechanized Division.

PRIMARY TASK - DEAD of EWR and SA-2 sites in the AO.
SECONDARY TASK - DEAD of SA-3 sites in the AO.
TERTIARY TASK - Degradation of armor, logistics, and assets of the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 11th Syrian Divisions.

FLIGHT ORDER

Enfield > Ford 1 > Devil 1 & 2 > Dodge 1 > Dodge 2 > Panther 2&3 > Colt > Panther 1

ENFIELD DEAD

You will transit through Jordanian airspace using the terrain to best advantage. Primary target is the EWR followed up by the SA-2's. The goal is to have Ford 1 arrive on CAP and attract the attention of the SA-2's allowing you to get emitters to fire at. Barring that you will prosecute targets as best possible prioritizing EWR > SA-2 > SA-3 > SA-6. You can transit slightly south if need be to get closer to SA-2's but be aware that the plains flatten out. If you have good success on an emitter notify MatzoMaker who will pass word to Devil. Do not attempt to force SAM's to emit, once the strikers go in or CAP is engaged it is likely the hostiles will go EMCON hot. Devil should arrive on station just before you and may knock out some targets ASAP.

FORD 1 CAP

Ford will provide cap just north of the Sea of Gallilee. You will be the first to arrive on station, do your best to hold west of the border and inch up on the SAM envelope once Devil and Enfield are in position. Your jammers, superior maneuverability, and long range will allow us to bait the longer range SA-2's into taking a shot. After the bait phase operate primarily west of the FLOT, do not stray into hostile SAM envelope. Marj Ruhayyil is currently out of action, but Damascus and Khalkallah are still a threat as well as Beirut.

DEVIL 1 & 2 DEAD

You will HARM the emitters that are triggered by Ford 1. Follow the same priorities as Enfield while using Jordanian airspace as an entry point if necessary. EWR > SA-2 > SA-3 > SA-6. If you have good success on an emitter notify MatzoMaker who will pass word to Enfield. Do not attempt to force SAM's to emit, once the strikers go in or CAP is engaged it is likely the hostiles will go EMCON hot. With any luck you will arrive on station just before Enfield and set the stage with the HARM's.

DODGE 1 & 2

You will hold over the Sea of Galilee area and attempt to get the hostile CAP to pursue you west. SEAD/DEAD should occur prior to you arriving on station, but be aware that as you engage hostiles that new SAM sites may go EMCON hot. Enfield and Devil will use this opportunity to silence them. Do not pursue flights north of the AO. Watch for MIG-21's out of Beirut.

Panther 2&3

Panther 2 will be reactive SEAD/DEAD for SHORAD at point DAFFY to assist Panther 3 who will be striking armor and assets. If there is good effect at DAFFY, Panther 2 will assist at point GOOFY or Mickey. Please hold short of border and await a green light from MatzoMaker or Slingshot to be sure that the DEAD has occurred.

Colt 1

Colt 1 will proceed to GOOFY and strike armor and logistics. Focus on fuel, supplies, light skinned vehicles, with the heavy armor to be saved for last or marked for Panther. Be aware of SHORAD. You may need to hold short of the border depending on the DEAD situation.

Colt 2

Colt 2 will also assist at DAFFY and take advantage of the cover provided by Panther 2. Should Daffy be saturated, proceed to Goofy.

Panther 1

Panther 1 will strike point MICKEY. If there is good effect you will assist in area GOOFY. Hold over the Sea of Galilee pending DEAD situation. You will be the only flight to strike this AO, so use your best judgement for prosecution of targets. Be aware you will have friendly armor near the FLOT, primarily M60's, M113's, and Howitzers.

AIR THREATS

We have seen harassment from Beirut, but only if we stray into Lebanese airbase. This may continue to the case, but be aware. Khalkalah will likely have MIG-21's and any MIG-23's that escaped Marj. Thal'ah Airbase, east of the AO, only had rotary assets at last intel sweep. Iraq may, or may not, be a threat, so be aware that we could see a surprise from that vector.

Ground Threats

SAM's. This is our goal. We'll have a solid pack of aircraft here to nullify this threat. Down low you will encounter SHORAD and AAA. A Shilka will ruin your day as quick as an SA-2. If you call out hostiles who are emitting we will attempt to get HARM's or Sidearms on them.

Flight Leads if you have input or thoughts on how best to employ your flights please let me know.

CombatFlite Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0s91bjcyyt23yeb/2nd%20Season%20Mission%203.cf?dl=0

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I will be postponing the campaign by one week on the account of this:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MSFS group flight to Vahas house instead.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That Works posted:

MSFS group flight to Vahas house instead.

Europop REQUIRED

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Reminder, today no campaign mission.

Dandywalken is hosting a mission in Air Goons Discord as an alternate.

In other news, DCS has still the sale going on. 47 hours remain on Steam for the sale, so get Syria map and a plane you like at least. Teen series fighter is a great start.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Our intel has arrived!

First off, enemy Air Threat Update.

Marj Ruhaayil - knocked out, can not launch
Khalkhalah - can launch a few
Al-Dumayr is likely main interceptor base now

Al Dumayr is ~ 20nm east of Damascus, so we should have some nice notice once they get off the ground. Khalkalah will be a definite pop up threat though.

Our three strike zones of Mickey (BRAVO) -Goofy (ALPHA) -Daffy (CHARLIE) are pictured below.

The humidity really reduced the resolution of our recon flight, so piece together what you can from that intel.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Listen up Devil Dogs, briefing inbound.

Devil 1 flight - 4 x F/A-18C Lot 20

Devil 1-1: Jarmak
Devil 1-2: Andupor
Devil 1-3: Pvt GetSum
Devil 1-4: Alcatraz
TASK:

With the conflict in Iraq spilling over into Jordan and the Syrian downing of an American pilot we have now been given permission to go "gloves off" and give full military support to the Israelis in their current conflict with Syria. As a result, with our first tasking we will be raining some hell down on the motherfuckers who shot down our pilot, and coordinating with IAF strike a decisive blow against the Syrian IADS network.

Devil flight will heading directly into the main conflict zone over the Sea of Galilee and launching a SEAD strike targeting three Syrian EWR sites, OBJ LARRY, OBJ MOE, AND OBJ CURLY. Our British friends will be simultaneously sending their Harriers to strike Syrian SA2 sites along the southern border, and after our primary targets are down we will be providing support to them in their task. Flight minimum mission success criteria is the destruction of all three Syrian EWRs, with ensuring the success of the British strike on the SA2s being key secondary objective.

In game Start Time: UNK
METAR: Expected CASE I Launch and Recovery
Bullseye: TBD
Launch/Recovery: CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt, TCN 69X, ICLS Ch. 1

COMMS:
Devil 1 Flight - MIDS 1 (/ 139.000 AM radio 2 during start up until all Devils are on MIDS 1)
Devil 1-1 Element MIDS 11
Devil 1-2 Element MIDS 12

USN Common: 263.000 AM - Radio 2
F14 CAP: Ford 1 122.000 AM - Radio 2
IAF Air Battle Manager: Slingshot 261.000 AM - Radio 1
IAF Strike Commander: Matzo Maker 262.000 AM - Radio 1
Other flights: per kneeboard - Radio 2

LOADOUT:

Devil 1
3x AGM-141 TALD
3x AGM-88C
2x AIM-9M IR AAM
2x AIM-7MH Semi-active RF AAM
1x FPU-8A Fuel Tank, 330 Gallons

FLIGHT PLAN AND TARGETING:

This should be a pretty short hop compared to our last few outings. After forming up we will head directly from the boat to WP1, which is the estimated range for a HARM launch against the EWR at OBJ LARRY. Before pulling up to begin the HARM launch each flight member will deploy a single TALD along the flight path. Devil 1-1 and 1-2 will launch on OBJ LARRY (WP3), while Devil 1-3 and 1-4 will launch on DMPI SHEMP WEST (WP4). Immediately after launching against LARRY, flight will turn north toward WP2, which is similarly the estimated launch point for a HARM strike against EWRs at OBJ MOE and OBJ CURLY. Again all flight members are to deploy a single TALD before beginning their launch climb. Devil flight is to alternate targets according to flight number to maximize chance that our HARMs lock on to different targets and we don't waste them blowing up rubble, see below for clarification:

TARGETS:
Strike I (WP1)
Devil 1-1 - OBJ LARRY - WP3 - HARM CODE 101
Devil 1-2 - OBJ LARRY - WP3 - HARM CODE 101
Devil 1-3 - OBJ SHEMP WEST- WP4 - HARM CODE 126
Devil 1-4 - OBJ SHEMP WEST- WP4 - HARM CODE 126

Strike II (WP2)
Devil 1-1 - OBJ MOE- WP6 - HARM CODE 101
Devil 1-2 - OBJ CURLY- WP7 - HARM CODE 101
Devil 1-3 - OBJ MOE- WP6 - HARM CODE 101
Devil 1-4 - OBJ CURLY- WP7 - HARM CODE 101

Note we are NOT reforming between these two attacks, once you launch on your first preplanned target, turn immediately and begin your attack on your second, this will benefit us by providing some spacing between HARM and TALD launches to keep a more continuous coverage. After these initial strikes we will reform and begin a SEAD CAP between WPs 1&2. Once established we will received additional instructions from the Israeli strike coordinator MATZO MAKER on our follow-on targets. Priority of destruction will be EWRs>SA2s>SA6s, DMPIs SHEMP WEST (WP4) and SHEMP EAST (WP5) are central points within SA2 clusters, use these target points to make use of the PB mode of the HARMs if we conduct follow-on strikes against the SA2s. HARM code for an SA2 is 126.

ROE:
Identify all targets before firing.

MINIMUM ALT: Hard deck over any known SA6 locations is 30A, we should have no reason to go below that unless we're forced to go defensive.

BINGO: 6000

FLIGHT PLAN WAYPOINTS:
WP1- IP - 36S YB 27373 43718 ALT 35A
WP2- IP - 36S YB 56584 62153 ALT 35A

DMPIs
WP3- DMPI LARRY 37S BS 27832 32898 Elev 1657 ft
WP4- DMPI SHEMP WEST 37S BS 38094 25230 Elev 1857 ft
WP5- DMPI SHEMP EAST 37S BS 54547 15298 Elev 2392 ft
WP6- DMPI MOE 37S BS 36026 94566 Elev 2448 ft
WP7- DMPI CURLY 37S BS 55150 93980 Elev 2152 ft

ADDITIONAL TASKS:

As fragged

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

FLASH FLASH

Urgent update from Lamdan involving Syrian Air Force. It appears they are mobilizing sooner than expected, this could be routine, or they could be on to our plan. As such we're kicking off early, 0535. Flights, you'll be in the dark for the first 20-30 minutes, but should arrive on target at daylight. On the plus side we can beat the slower-reacting Syrian Air Force into position.

See you on the flight line!

Lumme
Mar 2, 2013
Ford 1, Day 6 Morning Briefing

Apparently US has decided that the preceeding slapfight was not big enough, so today we're flying CAP at Sea of Galilee to protect Israel from Syrian threats and cover Devils SEAD operations.

Waypoints
Three waypoints, WP:s 1&2 east of Sea of Galilee marking general area of CAP, and WP3 at the Sea of Galilee.

Mission Brief
Get of the carrier before Devils, get to CAP area, do what you would expect, and if old tasking still holds, if needed by Devil, creep towards Israel-Syria border to try to bait Syrian SA-2:s to open themselves up to HARM:s, better hope the ECM:s work.

Armaments
Bags,
2xAIM-9,
4xAIM-7
2xAIM-54, might or might not work, it will be a surprise.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Dodge 2 Briefing

Okay guys on our first outing we scored a bunch of kills, on our second landing most of us even managed to land, the only thing we haven't done that everyone else has ticked off the checklist is manage an 'accidental' friendly fire incident so look out for your chance to lob some risky sidewinders into a merge.

From takeoff we will cruise to the Sea of Galilee area and settle into a holding pattern while waiting to be directed to targets. There may or may not be waypoints, if not look out for the big blue wet thing.

e: we might sit on the tarmac for the first 15 mins to let the first SEAD mission go in and also so that we can actually see our instruments when we actually take off

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Aluf Yooper,

Sorry to wake you Aluf, but we have just received warning that the Syrian Army has prepared to begin an armored push into the Golan Heights this morning. It appears our intelligence gathering is still at least one step behind the Syrians and their military planning. We have only received word of this offensive after the Syrians have started to move out and begin their offensive. The 210th will be besieged by Syrian Armored and Mechanized divisions of the 1st Corps. Close air support will likely prove critical in helping our units withstand this serious threat. It advised that we move up any current timelines and get our pilots into the air at first light.

The current mission planning to degrade the Syrian SAM network and disrupt their movements seems fortuitous and will likely prove to be a good first step to stopping the Syrians.

Pretend I posted this before Yooper and didn't spend forever fiddling with maps.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Next fortnight's mission is a hostage rescue OP to secure Vahakyla's sense of self worth.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Alchenar posted:

Next fortnight's mission is a hostage rescue OP to secure Vahakyla's sense of self worth.

Can you capture something which is gone? Perhaps we can bring in the Seebees to rebuild it.

Xeno426
Aug 11, 2022

Lumme posted:

Ford 1, Day 6 Morning Briefing

Apparently US has decided that the preceeding slapfight was not big enough, so today we're flying CAP at Sea of Galilee to protect Israel from Syrian threats and cover Devils SEAD operations.

Waypoints
Three waypoints, WP:s 1&2 east of Sea of Galilee marking general area of CAP, and WP3 at the Sea of Galilee.

Mission Brief
Get of the carrier before Devils, get to CAP area, do what you would expect, and if old tasking still holds, if needed by Devil, creep towards Israel-Syria border to try to bait Syrian SA-2:s to open themselves up to HARM:s, better hope the ECM:s work.

Armaments
Bags,
2xAIM-9,
4xAIM-7
2xAIM-54, might or might not work, it will be a surprise.

Someone needs to be smacked for this.

So, not only would this realistically render the AIM-54s useless because they would lack cooling, but the Sparrows on the fuselage are 7MHs (decent) while the glove ones are 7Fs. Whose bright idea was that poo poo?

Ford 1-3 managed to get one Phoenix kill, though. The first missile launch was against a target that turned around and was kinematically defeated, but the second launch later on struck true.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Muhlump and others took a buttload of excellent screenshots. I'm picking some of my favorites here:

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Great job everyone, the efforts of the IAF, British Navy, and US Navy have virtually collapsed the Syrian SW Front. The SAM network is incredibly degraded, as well as half blind due to the EWR strikes. I spoke with one of the USN Pilots and he remarked how awesome it was to see the lines of A-4's doing trench runs through the hills on the way to Syria. This is a tough front, no way to cut it otherwise. We had issues with CAP cover for SEAD, in hindsight I should have had a Dodge flight over Jordan and kept them closer to the party. We had a very busy airspace and this would have helped.

Prior to our mission the 210th was under pressure that could have seen Syrian forces on Israeli territory in under 48 hours. On top of that, the SAM network is dense.

Three Syrian divisions, the 8th Armor, 6th, and 7th Mechanized, are evacuating the AO along three road systems. Tasil to Nawa, Tasil to Dael, and Nawa to Al Sheikh Maskin. Our intel also expects that the rear guard SAM operators have likely hosed off once the army decided to leave. So, you guessed it, prime opportunity to seal up this front.

It's only a matter of a day until the Syrian military gets a handle on things and solidifies this line, so we strike now. My hunch is we'll see a solid Syrian Air Force response as they don't have much else to respond with. We saw Iraqi jets enter Syrian airspace, and some also landed. While intel hasn't confirmed it, my hunch is we'll see more from the east. Another bonus to this op is the Jordanian military will now be securing the southern flank.

WARNING ORDER

Day 3. We go in at dawn. Again. Main goal is to destroy those columns. Secondary goal to knock out any unoccupied SA-2 / EWR sites.

Flights, if you have a tasking you'd really love, please let me know.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Remember that song Convoy from the 70's? What that convoy really needed was an airstrike. So, here we are.

Mission Goal
Primary Task - Destroy the escaping Syrian assets to nullify any southern incursions.
Secondary Task - DEAD of remaining SA-2 and EWR sites.

Flight Order
Ford > Devil > Enfield > Dodge's > Panthers > Colt

Intent (The Big Picture)
Ford escorts Devil to the AO, who performs TALD bait and HARM's any bad people. They loiter with IR mavs and thwack whatever needs it. Enfield launches to strike armor and while inbound Dodge takes up position to screen the AO. Panther goes in first with a primary goal of striking armor and SHORAD like Tunguska's. Colt goes in for mop up and hits what they can.

Ford

We're going to insert the USN over Jordan and use the clear space to get close to those SAM sites and make the CAP come to you. Use the space you have available.

Devil

You will pass through Jordan and patrol the Syrian-Jordanian border. There is a high likelihood of SA-2's activating as well as lingering SA-6's.

Enfield

Enfield will ingress and attempt to knock out the EWR in the center zone. After that they will transit to the Syrian army rear line and strike area BANANA.

Dodge 1

Dodge 1 will take the northern edge and patrol just above friendly units. Try to avoid going too far into Syria and make them come to you.

Dodge 2

Dodge 2 will be the southern orbit. If/When the SAM threat has been neutralized you will take up positions just to the east of BANANA.

Panther 1

Panther 1, the largest F-16 Flight, will take on ORANGE. Primary focus is on armor and SHORAD. Otherwise hit everything that you can. Secondary area is BANANA.

Panther 2

Panther 2 will strike Mangosteen, priority is on armor and SHORAD. Otherwise smuck everything you can. Secondary area is either ORANGE or LEMON.

Panther 3

Panther 3 will ingress over LEMON and exit over BANANA. You are the clean up crew in produce. See something juicy still moving? Mop it up.

Colt 1

Colt 1 will cover the junction of Lemon and Mangosteen. Strike targets at your discretion.

Colt 2

Colt 2 will cover BANANA to ORANGE, with a focus on delivering some pain to that long rear end convoy.

Coordination
See a juicy convoy that's stuck behind some rear end in a top hat but you're Winchester? Pass word to Matzomaker.

Combatflite
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ps3n01lke7uwkm9/Day%203%20Morning%20Convoy%20Strike.cf?dl=0

Air Threats
Expect MIG-29's out of Damascus, MIG-21's out of Khalkalah, and maybe some Iraqi poo poo.

Ground Threats
Potential for SA-2 and SA-6, Devil will try to hit them. Otherwise expect SA-8 / MANPADs / SHORAD.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Intel Dump from Lamdan

Mossad Asset Photos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Mission starts in 20 minutes.