Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

LOL ARCA is currently live on FS1.

We have an 80 year old, a pizza delivery guy, and two people who have names shared with dead celebrities/athletes in the field, and just had a restart waved off because they were lined up three wide.

e- Also, Toni Breidinger was just yelled at by her crew chief for lifting in the corners at Daytona. :psyduck:

There’s also a Tim Richmond in the race!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CBJSprague24 posted:

LOL ARCA is currently live on FS1.

We have an 80 year old, a pizza delivery guy, and two people who have names shared with dead celebrities/athletes in the field, and just had a restart waved off because they were lined up three wide.

e- Also, Toni Breidinger was just yelled at by her crew chief for lifting in the corners at Daytona. :psyduck:

I ended up turning it on and starting at the beginning thinking like, nah, that can't be true. I'll watch from the beginning and see what's up here. For real, Spotter: Are you lifting in the the corners? Toni: I was but I'm not now. Spotter: You can't do that! It has to be wide open the entire time!

The ARCA series has a stigma, on plate tracks especially, and it is unreal how they back it up every time. It was like an iRacing race. Driver being told how to drive by a spotter, Lining up 3 wide on a restart because cars are in the wrong position, a car under yellow bump drafting, a car that was trying to slow down, full throttle into a 3 wide position until they all hit each other, and a driver changing lanes while holding the radio button so that the spotter couldn't tell him not to change lanes. Oh and also a spotter reminding a driver that it wasn't iRacing and there wasn't a reset button with about 6 to go. That was told to the 43 car driver and I have to say I was pulling for that 43 car at the end before the last yellow because he was really making moves to get to the front.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
the only way to prevent ARCA braking is to just never use the brakes and go full throttle green to checkers, sounds like this spotter knows something

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Holy poo poo that wreck! Glad Snyder is ok

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

poor dinger :(

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

the only way to prevent ARCA braking is to just never use the brakes and go full throttle green to checkers, sounds like this spotter knows something

No cautions just like iracing?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Follow-up to my quest for CMS Coca-Cola 600 info --

Got tickets in the Terrace boxes right at pit entrance after Turn 4. About 30 rows up, and the pricier tickets included a buffet, so I'm gonna have to go hungry. Also got pre-race pit passes. Hopefully RCR will come through and give us a tour.

Staying at a hotel 1.4 miles away, so it'll be a walk to and from, but not too bad.

The only down side I see so far is that I can't carry any beer in the pit, so I'm stuck either bumming some off a friendly redneck, or paying $8 per.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
The boxes are nice. I did that 10 or so years ago. The buffet is not really worth it, they have to shuffle everyone in and out in a time slot so you don't get much time to eat and enjoy.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Salami Surgeon posted:

The boxes are nice. I did that 10 or so years ago. The buffet is not really worth it, they have to shuffle everyone in and out in a time slot so you don't get much time to eat and enjoy.

Dang, I assumed it was just a graze-as-the-day-goes... do you at least get multiple time slots through the race? It's long, that was a factor in my decision. Then again, the seats are really good too, so welp.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
When the gently caress is this race gonna actually start??

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
There is a dining room with tables that overlook the track. So you shuffle in, shuffle through the buffet line, shuffle to your assigned table, eat, shuffle out. I won't say it's a rush, you might even have time to grab 2nds, but it's not a nice relaxing dinner. It makes sense because they need to turn those tables over several times to get everyone through in time.

Food was good though.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

camoseven posted:

When the gently caress is this race gonna actually start??

It’s always a few minutes after 3pm ET.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Next Gen looks a lot like last gen right now.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I expect it to look different if there are a few cycles of green flag pit stops, but who knows. Stages bunch them back up

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

meatpimp posted:

The only down side I see so far is that I can't carry any beer in the pit, so I'm stuck either bumming some off a friendly redneck, or paying $8 per.

Let me check, I can probably bring a cooler in for you. If I end up down that way I'll figure something out.

Hope you like lovely beer. :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

First one lug nut pit sequence and someone loses a wheel right after. Coincidence?

mischief posted:

Let me check, I can probably bring a cooler in for you. If I end up down that way I'll figure something out.

Hope you like lovely beer. :v:

I loving love lovely beer. :kiss:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Douchebag posted:

I expect it to look different if there are a few cycles of green flag pit stops, but who knows. Stages bunch them back up

I'm especially annoyed by instead of 2 short stages and 1 long stage, that they have gone with 65 65 and 70 lap stages so there won't be any lengthy periods of green.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So is Jacques Villeneuve embarrassing himself in his giant fuckoff ego project?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

algebra testes posted:

I'm especially annoyed by instead of 2 short stages and 1 long stage, that they have gone with 65 65 and 70 lap stages so there won't be any lengthy periods of green.

loving agreed. 50, 50, 100 would have been so much better.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

stab posted:

Well, he does get credit for first in-race spin in the next gen car.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Mike Joy or whoever was hollering about Kaz Grala is going dancing on Thursday night had us like, holy poo poo who cares? And that's about what I expected. In all fairness, not HIS doing.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1494795981317193736

It's a good thing NASCAR figured this one out before the first real race

e; Ok, the second one is maybe something else entirely with the whole rim coming off :stare:

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
lmao at all the sheared pins and loose wheels we're gonna see today

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Mike Joy: AWWWW CRAP

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Keselowski's first kill of the year.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

stab posted:

He brings an air of dignity to the whole affair somehow.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also, sickosyes.jpg

stab
Feb 12, 2003

algebra testes posted:

He brings an air of dignity to the whole affair somehow.

I've had the "pleasure" of meeting him on a few occasions.

Not saying I'm rooting for his car to explode, but maybe that hilarious failure where the back of the car just loving snaps and it looks like half the car is being dragged around the track? I wouldn't complain if that happened to him and yes I would lol

stab fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 20, 2022

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

stab posted:

I've had the "pleasure" of meeting him on a few occasions.

Not saying I'm rooting for his car to explode, but maybe that hilarious failure where the back of the car just loving snaps and it looks like half the car is being dragged around the track? I wouldn't complain if that happened to him and yes I would lol

Don't look now but after a bad duel and an embarrassing spin he's up to 22nd. I dunno his pit status though

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I'm the Chevrolet chief of racing development and strategy, and my only idea is to start on the front row.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Lmao did Villeneuve just cause a giant loving wreck

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Throwing it to split screen commercial while a crash is happening is the most Fox thing ever. The smallest market Sinclair college sports are better than most of Fox's sports broadcasts. I will never pay for whatever their peacock competitor is.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I know Stenhouse was born to DNF but Keselowski is the only guy who would be allowed to drive like he does

"and Brad barely missed that"

He did that!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Pinecone Sample posted:

I know Stenhouse was born to DNF but Keselowski is the only guy who would be allowed to drive like he does

"and Brad barely missed that"

He did that!

Twice!!

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

"Austin Cindric can honk my dong"

- some random rear end in a top hat

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
well good result but bad ending

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Congrats to the dart without feathers

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I'm so gutted for Bubba. Brought it home second with damage.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Alright race, meh winner.

The camera work on the stage 1 ending big wreck was horrible.

stab posted:

Lmao did Villeneuve just cause a giant loving wreck

Negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Race was good, finish was good, would rather have had a Blaney/Wallace photo finish though. Don’t dislike Cindric at all but would have rather seen some others up there.

They hosed the race from the beginning with the 65-65-70 format. Should have been 50-50-100.