Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That's Michael Waltrip 2001 Daytona levels of tragic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

chamois posted:

his loving dad died jfc

He was at the track for the Xfinity race.

The family posed together with the trophy.

gently caress

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

assuming it wasn't drug related (god forbid) it's a good thing gragson didn't dump him, in retrospect

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

why would it being drug related make a difference

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I hate Ty and wanted to see nothing but him eat the wall yesterday but drat I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Kid has my sincere condolences.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

this race is heinous

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

It’s getting better. Bell or Chastain winning will be so cool.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Douchebag posted:

It’s getting better. Bell or Chastain winning will be so cool.

rooting for either this or logano winning the championship from some insane position like 8th

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

don't cry because it happened smile because it's over

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i was rooting for the blaney win more than anything

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

chamois posted:

assuming it wasn't drug related (god forbid) it's a good thing gragson didn't dump him, in retrospect

Probably celebrated the win too hard so in retrospect Gragson could have saved his live by dumping his son.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Presale tickets are on sale for the Chicago Street Race! For uhhh $465 each lmao. Guess I won't be going unless GA tickets are way way way cheaper than that

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

camoseven posted:

Presale tickets are on sale for the Chicago Street Race! For uhhh $465 each lmao. Guess I won't be going unless GA tickets are way way way cheaper than that

loving :laffo:.

Gotta make back that 50 million they're doling out to put this race on somehow!

E-
https://twitter.com/HawleySports/status/1590011948921679872?t=KDLyGDOG5oA63G2BJixQzA&s=19

$269 for two day GA tickets.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 8, 2022

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
That's about $169 more than the most I was willing to pay

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Heh 69

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Nice!

Seriously, though. You're not going to build a following for a new race in the middle of a city that is not exactly full of nascar's core audience by charging $300 goddamn dollars to walk in the door.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I got a direct email from a ticket rep for the Chicago Street Race, and I replied letting him know that I had been hoping to get GA tickets but heard they were gonna be almost $300. I'll just post his reply here in full:

quote:

We don’t have pricing details for GA admissions as of yet. However, the Formula 1 Miami Grand Prix was selling GA admissions, for just Sunday, at $500.00 before taxes/fees. Keep that in mind.

We currently are only selling tickets for the whole weekend (no single day admissions) with reserved grandstand-style seating going for either $465.00 or $521.00 AFTER taxes and fees. That covers your entire weekend admission, puts your name on a seat, and includes access for both races and both A-List concerts that will follow each race. These concerts will be full sets – not a 20 minute pre-race show.

There’s a lot of value here, but we understand that it adds up quick. That’s why we offer financing options with no fees or interest.

This whole time I've been thinking "who do they think they are, F1??" and it turns out that.... well yes, they want to be F1. Sad!!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

camoseven posted:

I got a direct email from a ticket rep for the Chicago Street Race, and I replied letting him know that I had been hoping to get GA tickets but heard they were gonna be almost $300. I'll just post his reply here in full:

This whole time I've been thinking "who do they think they are, F1??" and it turns out that.... well yes, they want to be F1. Sad!!

It's extremely funny that he went out of his way to pick maybe the most overpriced F1 race in existence. Three-day general admission for Montreal is $200.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

camoseven posted:

hilarious

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
It feels like they're pricing for F1/IMSA fan base and uhhhh....

*waves Busch Light can around vaguely*

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

camoseven posted:

Is it bad that I wondered the same thing when I first saw the price?

You could probably go to the Daytona 500 and Xfinity race for about the same price with primo seats and be able to see the whole thing.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

mischief posted:

It feels like they're pricing for F1/IMSA fan base and uhhhh....

Those two series do not belong in the same sentence

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CactusWeasle posted:

Those two series do not belong in the same sentence

I was going to say:
F1 weekend Tickets. 350+
IMSA weekend tickets: ~$90

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

tater_salad posted:

I was going to say:
F1 weekend Tickets. 350+
IMSA weekend tickets: ~$90

I think the idea is that IMSA fans are rich

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I used to go to Petit Le Mans a lot and going by the parking lot most of those people could afford a lot of IMSA tickets.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lmfao 3-day garage passes to the 600 don't cost that much

hell they don't cost 75% of that

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

camoseven posted:

Nice guess I'm rich

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

tater_salad posted:

Nice guess I'm rich

Congrats!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nascar will sell all those tickets in Chicago and laugh at all the poors having to watch the race on the TV.

And it will probably just be a lovely race anyway. Pretty stupid track with 7 90 degree corners.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Nascar will sell all those tickets in Chicago and laugh at all the poors having to watch the race on the TV.

And it will probably just be a lovely race anyway. Pretty stupid track with 7 90 degree corners.

Yea i'm gonna save my money and go to Michigan instead

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NASCAR, the Street Circuit Race has a lot to live up to considering the gold standard is somewhere down under

https://youtu.be/H0QrwDygykg

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

On a day which probably feels like 7 90 degree days.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

harperdc posted:

NASCAR, the Street Circuit Race has a lot to live up to considering the gold standard is somewhere down under

https://youtu.be/H0QrwDygykg

Macau has entered the chat...

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

camoseven posted:

I mean, just take a walk around the parking at an IMSA event and it is a whole different walk of life than NASCAR or NHRA.

I'm not saying it is a problem, just saying maybe there's a little disconnect with the new folks in charge is all.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i finally have a streaming setup again and a copy of dirt to daytona that's just begging to be shared with others

winter heat gonna get hot starting the weekend after next

Did you start streaming again? I'd like to share the link and also watch.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Ty moves to Cup in the 54. Gibbs not running the 18 at all will be weird

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/nashville/landmark-deal-reached-to-renovate-nashville-fairgrounds-speedway/

Bristol bought Nashville Fairgrounds, going to renovate.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Ungratek posted:

Ty moves to Cup in the 54. Gibbs not running the 18 at all will be weird

That really sucks. Dale Jarrett to Bobby Labonte to Kyle Busch and now nothing because his lovely little grandkid wants to keep his old number? That's a big piece of NASCAR history getting poo poo on.

What is it with rear end in a top hat car owners pissing on the legacy of their important car numbers for their shithead grandkids?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

GD_American posted:

That really sucks. Dale Jarrett to Bobby Labonte to Kyle Busch and now nothing because his lovely little grandkid wants to keep his old number? That's a big piece of NASCAR history getting poo poo on.

What is it with rear end in a top hat car owners pissing on the legacy of their important car numbers for their shithead grandkids?

Or Junyer. Or Daniel Hemric. Or Chase Elliott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Did you start streaming again? I'd like to share the link and also watch.

i am streaming kerbal space program monday through friday, with some ftl mixed in, and i am starting a new dirt to daytona career this sunday at 1pm eastern, at twitch.tv/cubivoresa