Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the gibbs press release said they're holding on to the 18 for future use so it's not dead or anything. and frankly i'd rather see a more likable driver in it, so.

anyway

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1592851071990345729

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i am streaming kerbal space program monday through friday, with some ftl mixed in, and i am starting a new dirt to daytona career this sunday at 1pm eastern, at twitch.tv/cubivoresa

Dirt to daytona best game. First thing I put on my steam deck.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I hate Ty Gibbs and wanna see him repeatedly put into the wall next season

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the worst part about the 54 is that it makes the gibbs number synergy suck. 11, 19, 20, 54?? bull poo poo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

kidcoelacanth posted:

the worst part about the 54 is that it makes the gibbs number synergy suck. 11, 19, 20, 54?? bull poo poo

And, whenever 18 comes back, it's going to come the expense of one of the established numbers because teams can only have four cars.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

camoseven posted:

I hate Ty Gibbs and wanna see him repeatedly put into the wall next season

That's what they said about Jesus, too

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

kidcoelacanth posted:

the gibbs press release said they're holding on to the 18 for future use so it's not dead or anything. and frankly i'd rather see a more likable driver in it, so.

anyway

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1592851071990345729

It'll be interesting to see what Preece can do in some better equipment. I don't even think it's the worst move for Custer to go to Xfinity. I think he's going to do really well down there and make a case for himself to take that #10 and end up back in Cup after Almirola is gone.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
cole custer isnt a real name

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Proud Christian Mom posted:

cole custer isnt a real name
What? Cole Custer is in the pantheon of Most NASCAR Names.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Most NASCAR names is a really, really tough one. If you only get five names, who are you choosing (besides Dick Trickle)?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

maffew buildings posted:

Most NASCAR names is a really, really tough one. If you only get five names, who are you choosing (besides Dick Trickle)?

Cole Trickle

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ricky Rudd
Banjo Matthews
Benny Rakestraw
Bunkie Blackburn

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lake speed

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

smokey yunick

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Hut Stricklin

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Buckshot Jones

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Pinecone Sample posted:

That's what they said about Jesus, too

Technically I think that was a tree not a wall.

Edit: I think you can sneak Fireball Roberts into that conversation. Née Edward Glenn but by all accounts I've met in my dad's old neighborhood he was always Fireball.

Bit unfortunate, ultimately.

Let us also bring up Lawless Alan.

mischief fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 17, 2022

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Fireball Roberts is top 5 no matter what, change my mind

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The best part of Fireball Roberts is you're legally required to explain that it had nothing to do with how he died.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cale Yarborough

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Clearly the most NASCAR name ever is Bill Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Junior. :colbert:

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Bill Freedom :patriot:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The obvious answer is Worth McMillion.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1597757442120503296

:tif:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xocHahDkXEo

:siren: HEY! YOU!

GET INTO OUR SHOW

(Who, me?)

YES YOU!

GET INTO OUR SHOW

(guitar riff) :siren:

It's amazing, it's thrilling, it's confusing, it's perplexing, it's the SASCAR Winter Heat Christmannukwanzaa Spectacular V! (The "V" is for "5"!) Christmas Eve, 7pm EST

Tunnies! Figure 8 Enduros! Bumpers! A Goon Becoming Physical With a Dead Guy! TRUX!

More details in the SASCAR Discord #winterheat-streaming. CyTube: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Harvick retiring at the end of the year.

Not sure if anyone is watching the Chili Bowl this year but its been a loving mess

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Ungratek posted:

Harvick retiring at the end of the year.

Not sure if anyone is watching the Chili Bowl this year but its been a loving mess

Yeah, Chili Bowl has been fun but I didn't need to see a kid almost die on tv last night. Glad he's ok.

Good for Harvick, he's probably a top 10 all time driver? Is he the oldest driver in Cup right now?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Douchebag posted:

Yeah, Chili Bowl has been fun but I didn't need to see a kid almost die on tv last night. Glad he's ok.

Good for Harvick, he's probably a top 10 all time driver? Is he the oldest driver in Cup right now?

I’m a Harvick fan but top 10 is hard to get into with 1 championship. Top 15 definite for me though.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

So I scored some free tickets to the 500 next month, staying at a family members house a couple of miles away. Any tips for 500 day?

Our plan now is to just park in general parking behind the backstretch, maybe tailgate a bit (bringing sandwiches and beer and snacks), then go in at some point to see all the opening ceremony poo poo and enjoy the spectacle. Our seats are row 2, near pit entrance so not the best but they are free so whatever, I'm still excited to knock this off my bucket list.

How early should we get there for parking?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

jabro posted:

I’m a Harvick fan but top 10 is hard to get into with 1 championship. Top 15 definite for me though.

championships have been meaningless since 2004 and moreso since 2014, i think you can easily make the case

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

agreed, matt kenseth is the last true champion

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

championships have been meaningless since 2004 and moreso since 2014, i think you can easily make the case

Playoffs.. Ahem

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the playoffs FTL

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I can name from memory Cup series champions from 2003 clear back into the 70s, but have to stop and think about the ones since 2014.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

I feel like I give a few extra credit points just for the circumstances Harvick had entering the series. To not only have to prop up the majority of a fan base as big as Dale Sr.'s but then to also be good is a pretty big accomplishment. Granted that car was still a pretty good car back then and they were basically all set to be at least half decent he still had to sit in the seat and drive Dale's car, whether it was white with a 29 on it or not, those were pretty big shoes to fill and a lot of rookie drivers might not have been able to handle that.

As far as top 10 ever? Maybe?
Like there are probably 6 or 7 guys that yes they are making every list, even though I think there is plenty of argument to not even put Petty on it, considering he had factory support while racing yahoos in their family Buicks in the woods in Alabama, but he's on the list.

In absolutely no particular order these guys are probably top 10 all time on just about anyone's list
1. Petty
2. Earnhardt
3. Gordon
4. Jimmie
5. Pearson
6. Darryl

So four spots left, who gets them? Bill Elliott? Cale? Bobby Allison? Harvick? Tony Stewart? Kyle Busch? Kurt Busch? Terry Labonte? Rusty? Mark Martin maybe even with no championship? I think there are a lot of choices there that may keep Harvick off top 10 all time but he's def top 10 in the more modern era.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Harvick won his 3rd ever Cup race. Even if no longer the record, that’s still pretty impressive

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bigbillystyle posted:

I feel like I give a few extra credit points just for the circumstances Harvick had entering the series. To not only have to prop up the majority of a fan base as big as Dale Sr.'s but then to also be good is a pretty big accomplishment. Granted that car was still a pretty good car back then and they were basically all set to be at least half decent he still had to sit in the seat and drive Dale's car, whether it was white with a 29 on it or not, those were pretty big shoes to fill and a lot of rookie drivers might not have been able to handle that.

Like there are probably 6 or 7 guys that yes they are making every list, even though I think there is plenty of argument to not even put Petty on it, considering he had factory support while racing yahoos in their family Buicks in the woods in Alabama, but he's on the list.

In absolutely no particular order these guys are probably top 10 all time on just about anyone's list
1. Petty
2. Earnhardt
3. Gordon
4. Jimmie
5. Pearson
6. Darryl

So four spots left, who gets them? Bill Elliott? Cale? Bobby Allison? Harvick? Tony Stewart? Kyle Busch? Kurt Busch? Terry Labonte? Rusty? Mark Martin maybe even with no championship? I think there are a lot of choices there that may keep Harvick off top 10 all time but he's def top 10 in the more modern era.

cale should be on the list and #1, and jimmie and gordon should both be ahead of earnhardt

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

bigbillystyle posted:

1. Petty
2. Earnhardt
3. Gordon
4. Jimmie
5. Pearson
6. Darryl

Yeah well said. Harvick coming in under those circumstances, winning his 3rd race, handling the insane pressure, and having the longevity he’s had, easy top 15 at minimum.

And no, Petty and Earnhardt are 1 and 2, never a doubt.

Kyle Busch is probably top 10, and he might be ahead of Smoke who is one of my favorites.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

I was just numbering the slots to keep count, I really didn't put them in any order just as they came to mind honestly. My list most likely would not have Petty #1 but probably top 5? Let's see.

1. Earnhardt
2. Johnson.
3. Gordon
4. Petty
5. Pearson
6. Smoke
7. Kyle Busch
8. Bill Elliott
9. Waltrip
10. Rusty

I like Earnhardt at #1 because of the way he kind of reshaped NASCAR's business end of things revolving around how the teams kind of turned themselves into major corporations combined with his hugely successful career.
I have Johnson high up because say what you will about Cheatin' Chad and The Chase and all that bullshit. 40 some-odd drivers and teams had the same opportunity to do what the #48 was doing and couldn't beat them at a time when I would argue the competition was at a much higher level than the guys who were able to win the way he did when they were racing.
I think I may have put Tony Stewart too low even. To have the success he did as an open wheel crossover and to start his own team and dominate like he did to win that championship as a driver/owner really makes him like almost Earnhardt level great.
I may have also put Waltrip too low but the way his career ended where he just couldn't give it up kind of soured his legacy for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

1. Petty
2. Earnhardt
3. Pearson
4. Gordon
5. Johnson
6. Yarborough
7. Kyle Busch
8. Waltrip
9. Stewart
10. Allison

okay, I was wrong. A guy with one championship can crack the top 10.