Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

cr0y posted:

Good Lord if it wasn't for the nukes the United States would absolutely dismantle this military in like I don't know 3 days?

Which is exactly why they have nukes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

dr_rat posted:

Does she has a history of just saying what ever and reneging on contracts, or history or of being a bit incompetent and sort of trying and just not being able to fulfill them?

Like it seems the German government as a whole is pretty keen -outside oil/gas stuff- to support Ukraine.

Edit: and now I remember it, their original 5000 helmets thing. Like helmets are good and all, but that was a bit WTF.

No, the comment was probably more about sending Ukraine manpads that were around from the GDR. Except a lot of them were not actually usable because they were damaged by mold apparently?

The helmet thing was Ukraine sending a wishlist and the German government skipping over all the weapons on there, seeing the helmets and going "best I can do is that".

Anyway, let's just say that we had lots of poo poo ministers of defense in the last couple of years and she is fitting well into the list.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Atreiden posted:

It only took them 3 months of war and genocide to realise that maybe Germany shouldn't pay for a Russian agent.

Oh we're still gonna pay for the agent, they're just gonna take away his office and staff. Turns out you (probably) can't take away his pension without changing the constitution. Whoops.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I think that's Croatia's motto

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

spankmeister posted:

Imo interestingly in German it's often still "Die Ukraine". Get with the times, Germany!

It's also die Niederlande, die Türkei, die Mongolei and die Schweiz. A cunning linguist could probably point out why this is, but in any case I wouldn't count on it changing soon.