Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's odd to see cauliflower in place of broccoli. It's even odder to see potato chunks in a frozen vegetable medley.

I'd probably buy it if was available at my local supermarket though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

szary posted:

trick question, Americans don't eat vegetables

It's funny because there's an American stereotype that Eastern European countries eat a diet of potatoes, turnips, beets, pork, and pretty much nothing else.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I actually ate at a lot of Polish restaurants when I lived in England just to avoid British food. Also Polish specialty stores were the only place I could find sauerkraut on that wretched island.

OddObserver posted:

And not nearly enough bread or cereals. (Grechka!)

Americans assume the Soviets stole all the bread and cereals when they left.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Terminally Bored posted:

'People should have free healthcare' 'So why does private hc work so well in America?'. I heard this very line lots of times. Even from one Slovakian lady living in New York.

:dafuq:

I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I remember there's this one brand of cherry leaf herbal tea I used to buy from a Polish food store in Manchester (along with rye bread, Christ almighty do the English not understand the joys of rye bread so it was impossible to find anywhere else) that is probably my favorite tea ever but I can't remember what it was called.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Angryhead posted:

Nobody is in a celebratory mood right now, but still: happy 104th anniversary of the Estonian Declaration of Independence.

Couldn't help but think of how Putin could have just as easily said "Estonia" when giving his "Bolsheviks created Ukraine" speech. I'm glad that we are a member of NATO...

Yep. You guys got in just under the wire. Moldova can't be feeling good right now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Walter Beardsley Tewksbury-Jefferson? Volters Bīrdslijs Tjūksberijs-Džefersons.

Anyone named Walter Beardsley Tewksbury-Jefferson deserves this IMO.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fatherboxx posted:

Ukrainian journalists got into the house of Victor Medvedchuk, Putin's close friend who managed to escape house arrest just before the invasion. So guess what time it is? Horrible post-soviet opulence time!!

https://twitter.com/nakipeloua/status/1503078381373566986

https://www.slidstvo.info/articles/zolotyj-vagon-medvedchuka/

Dude has a loving luxury railway car parked at his (not for long lmao) estate

Not gonna lie that's a pretty sweet train car. Pity about the owner.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
drat it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grimly appropriate.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ah, air raid sirens. Some states in the US have them all over the place as tornado warnings. And they test them often.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

szary posted:

On the other hand, this is still being built in the middle of a pristine forest, despite the fact that the people who gave the go ahead are on trial on corruption charges.

This one kinda owns though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Sourdough bread is incredibly popular in Latvia, and this tasted nothing like what we make customarily. That said, we only bake rye sourdough bread traditionally, which has a hint of sourness to it, whereas this was wheat bread. Still, I’d expect wheat sourdough bread to have a hint of sour taste to it, rather than tasting like someone soaked wheat bread in pale lager and let it dry out.

Yeah, wheat sourdough tastes nothing like beer unless it's made really, really wrong.

Source: I live in California, the sourdough capital of the Americas.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I know this isn't exactly a chat thread but what kind of spicy foods do y'all have and how can the West use things like Mexican jalapenos to our strategic advantage?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This was posted in the Ukraine thread but it seems like it belongs here too:

https://twitter.com/kevinrothrock/status/1545201571394469888

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

alex314 posted:

Pretty good with wódka.

Dunno how these taste but to my :911: eyes this looks like slices of the saddest seafood burrito ever made.

Not judging, just making an observation.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fatherboxx posted:

Teens love it and it is hillarious and horryfying at the same time because cops are 100% going to declare some of those kids as terrorists just like the one who blew up FSB headquarters in Minecraft.

Wait, what?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Angryhead posted:

That Mike Calamus dude is an extra special example of that, the president of "EKRE USA division" and posing with Trump in his Twitter banner.
Hope he is happy with the 31 votes that he managed to get, lol.

e: thanks for trying, Google Translate

Is that one blue logo a leaping squirrel? Because that's what it looks like to me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Anne Frank Funk posted:

New pis narrative:

No one in the US desecrates the memory of Reagan

No one admonishes the founding fathers for owning slaves

Szarrukin posted:

https://twitter.com/6_DzienTygodnia/status/1634625338830364673

Dude just compared JP2 protecting child molesters to Founding Fathers having slaves and claims that "nobody sane" accuses FF of supporting slavery. I don't even know... there's so much to unpack here, let's just throw away the whole suitcase,

As an American, please please stop using my country's shameful history to justify your own stupidity.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Everything about Batka's recent successes baffle me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

goblin week posted:

why did so many poles emigrate to the great lakes area anyway?? it feels like everyone has a relative in Chicago or Detroit

In the late 19th century Polish immigrants to the US were considered good industrial workers by corporations and Chicago and Detroit were the largest industrial cities at the time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

steinrokkan posted:

Factoid is a piece of information that is commonly spread and believed to be true, but is actually wrong. The name factoid itself is constructed to allude to something that approximates a fact, but isn't. Your definition of factoid is a factoid.

Nah, the word just has more than one meaning these days.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Question for the thread: does this man look like he knows his goulash?

To me, he looks like a man who knows how to use paprika.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

advanced statsman posted:

what's the consensus on lavaš?

Love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There's a substantial number of Americans who still think most of Eastern Europe lives either in the 16th century or that village from Borat. You could probably convince them you can tie a donkey up next to any major legislative building in Moldova.