Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

> In July, the president’s office announced plans to build a city called Asman – Persian for “highest heaven” – in Japarov’s native Issyk-Kul region. As conceived by architects, this city would sprawl over 4,000 hectares in the shape of a komuz, a string instrument commonly used in Central Asian folk music, house 700,000 people and serve as a model of environmental harmony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Somaen posted:

Yesterday the polish-lithuanian gas pipeline opened up further integrating the Baltics and that hermit alcoholic up north into the European energy infrastructure

København isn't that far north and I can stop drinking whenever I want

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

FishBulbia posted:

huh I do wonder what the position of that war is in the Ukrainian nationalist historical memory. As with all, it seems to alternate between a vague pan-slavic thing and an anti-Russian. Sorta like how polish nationalist and russian panslavists both celebrate Grunwald.

Is that why there's a thread about him?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Speaking of car repair, I wonder how much it would cost to clean up rust on an old car. :20bux:?

My rates are way higher than that sorry.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Book tickets at the Copernicus ahead of time, they sell out :(

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

https://youtu.be/ruloAuFazcg

Hawerchuk, Gretzky, Lemieux.

:canada:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Going to Budapest on Thursday March 2nd, coming home on Sunday. Any Hungoons suggestions for Friday and Saturday activities?

There are half day and whole day tours, Castle, Parliament, Opera House, Fisherman's Bastion, Great Synagogue, sort of thing. Any particular museums?
Anything to avoid?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

It's big on Bornholm

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Oh, we won gold this year? Cool.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Various countries have done this with USD in the past.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

What is this about?

Is poster in Minsk?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-red-white_flag

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68264363

quote:

The president of Hungary has resigned live on television over a decision to pardon a man convicted of covering up a child sexual abuse case.

It was revealed last week Katalin Novak had given clemency to a man jailed for forcing children to retract sexual abuse claims against a director of a state-run children's home.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Right to be forgotten has some serious limitations where I need to keep transaction data about you for regulatory or audit purposes.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

What's the Midwest of Europe?

Wisconsin

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Bright Bart posted:

I went to school near one of the most esteemed French bakeries in Toronto. He was like that soup dude from Seinfeld. No small talk. Would ask you to move along, not so politely. Would take the telephone and talk while serving you.

If you complained you were out and banned for life. I saw him reduce a grown woman to tears when she tried to haggle over the day old croissants. Told her that unlike her what he creates is valuable and he won't demean himself by marking down more than 20% even if they were a month old and get out get out no I'm serious leave do not come back I will recognize you if you do and call the police.

His pastries rocked. So did his baguettes. For their 2 hour lifespan.

e: Oh yeah this wasn't a gimmick he also had no business hours he got up when he wanted to and left when he left like it and only on days he felt like it. There a few times growing up that there were weeks in between a business day.

Where the hell was this, Kensington?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

Do you remember what it was called? I grew up around there and still live in the area.

I grew up on Willowridge, Eglinton and Martin Grove. Went to MCI.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

advanced statsman posted:

what's the consensus on lavaš?

Bad floor material

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

I also went to MCI 92-97 and a good friend of mine also grew up on Willowridge. I was in the last class to graduate from the Etobicoke Board of Education before amalgamation. My sisters both went to Richview CI.

82 Willowridge.

9: Salgo
10: Anderson
11: Connolly
12: Butkovich
13: Schultz

Yeah you'd think the huge Polish cluster in Misissauga would toss up goons. Or Roncy. My friends the Czarnotas for example are Mississauga poles

Sister went to Kipling

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 7, 2024

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

I had Anderson for grade 12 algebra and geometry.

Creepy fucker. Used to try to stare down girls shirts.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Bright Bart posted:

The most generous interpretation I can come up with is that the poster presumes we're all Brits or from the US poking fun of backwards eastern Europe, like a D&D version of the GBS threads about China, EE etc. etc. were.

I searched the text, you nailed it, they think everyone posting in here is from the USA -- just like them.

It's projection.

Caveat: Canadian expat living in Denmark here, so interested in events just to the east.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Could we skip discussing the hate-reading psychos from Doomertown further?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

I'm not sure why you seem to have a problem with me or think I am somehow an outsider; you can search my posts on this thread and mostly they're about culture and the country where I am from.

I was talking about that other place we shouldn't talk about. If you think that applies to you, that's your call. Act accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Don't worry, the trumps are trying to create the American Habsburgs. They even have the baroque aesthetic down

Well if you are looking for inbreeding, the USA South is a good place to start your research.