Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Are you SURE Mongolia isn't in Eastern Europe?

Should at least be honorary, given the status of Finland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ataxerxes posted:

The street the Russian embassy in Finland sits on is called Factory Street (Tehtaankatu). There have been proposals to change it to Zelensky Street or, less seriously, Trollfactory Street.

There has also been this time Iran trolled the UK: https://www.bobbysandstrust.com/the-night-we-named-bobby-sands-street/

They changed the street the UK embassy is on to Bobby Sands Street, after an IRA member who died in prison. The embassy cut a hole in a wall to make a new door so that their adress would not be on Bobby Sands Street.

Just name it Ikiriidantie, it'll always be correct.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Nenonen posted:

Yes, Finnish media for instance mainly uses the Belarusian spelling Alyaksandr Lukashenka.

Lukashenko is often used too, because it means 'should I read?' in Finnish and in this country puns are the only form of humour.

That's not true, we also have dying of alcoholism.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Do Latvians also have to chose names for their children from a set list approved by such institution or is that strictly a Hungarian thing?

Finland stopped doing that in 2019.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Nenonen posted:

In what sense? You still can't change your legal name to endlessmonotony or name your offspring as endlessmonotony Jr. Sorry.

Even Nenonen is unacceptable as a given name. Neno would probably pass.

Yeah but they got rid of the name list, I just legally named myself something previously unacceptable because it's foreign.

Yes, I still can't be Yksitoikkoinen Nenämäki, which is a problem, but I'll live with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Somaen posted:

Wrong pipe, the one through you opens up later this year I think. Uniting us all in semicircle of natural gas and alcohol problems

We don't really need it, we have alcohol.

But obviously we'd rather avoid burning it.