Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weyd
Nov 26, 2009
I could have a base level conversation in Estonian with a finn speaking in Finnish and we'd understand each other for the most part. Hungarian, on the other hand, outside of some surface-level similarities, might as well be a moon language to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weyd
Nov 26, 2009
My stepfather's daughter and her family are coming from Russia to stay with us for the foreseeable future.

They originally wanted to drive from here (Estonia) to Spain, but heard that drivers with russian plate numbers are getting harassed in Poland. Can any polish goons chime in, is there any truth to that or is it mostly RU state propaganda?

Weyd
Nov 26, 2009
Good to hear, thank you. I was willing to believe that things like that are happening, but wasn't sure how common it would be.

Still, it's probably safer for them to stay with my parents in the russian-speaker majority town, for now.

Weyd
Nov 26, 2009
They were planning to stay in Spain, they're coming with their car and belongings, so going by Plane would be tricky. Going by ferry could be an option though, I'll be sure to let them know.

Weyd
Nov 26, 2009

advanced statsman posted:

https://youtu.be/J0RQ24Z03bM

This is a faithful representation of the Estonian drink and swim culture. Kui jood, ära uju, because it’s one of the most common causes of death among certain population groups.

The Tujurikkuja guys are hilarious. I used to show their sketches to visiting couchsurfers, we'd usually end up going through all of their annual shows by the end of the night.

They made another non-PSA sketch about swimming in Estonia, it doesn't have subtitles (most sketches do), but I don't think they're really necessary in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gPRZFZrVp0