Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

waydownLo posted:

Just saying, maybe there’s not that much inherent virtue in having an old constitution.

From last page but reading this I thought about the US and laughed.

Xarn posted:

The worst part is how many crazies import their idea about what is in the constitution from misunderstood American idiots. No buddy, we don't have constitutional right to own weapons and that's good.

This happens all the time in Poland. 'People should have free healthcare' 'So why does private hc work so well in America?'. I heard this very line lots of times. Even from one Slovakian lady living in New York.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:dafuq:

I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Oh it's very simple, really. I respond with 'So why so few Americans can actually afford it?' and then the other person tells me that poors deserve it because they're lazy or it's only the minorities that can't afford it. I stopped talking about it at all.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

I'm going to Riga tomorrow for a week (Erasmus programme, visiting an art school of some sorts). What's there to do and/or see there? Any good record shops?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Thanks a lot! I'm from Białystok so it's only a few hours drive.

What you guys have is a Sparks gig next Friday so I'll be attending that. Hanzas Perons, seems not that far from my hotel.

Speaking of which, what's the best option for public transport? Can I get a week ticket or something? And what are the mask requirements in Latvia?