Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Comparing EE constitutions actually sounds like an engaging thread exercise.

edit: I just reread that and I want to apologize; my idea of "engaging" might not match y'all's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:dafuq:

I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

US healthcare has some specific benefits, such as the rapid development and availability of new medical tech/methods (primarily to people who can afford it), and physician training, which remains incredibly aggressive and selective compared to a lot of other systems. These are entwined with, but not entirely caused by, the private healthcare system. Looking in from outside, though, or through the lens of experiences abroad, people in other systems can see that US healthcare offers some incredible advantages (again, limited to the people who can afford it), and they can attribute it just to the system not being public (which is itself a simplification). It's true that some of those advantages would be compromised in the transition to the capacity of a full public system, or would require seismic refactoring and reinvestment...which is what should actually happen.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Could someone provide more information about what the EU policy toolkit is that's used to reduce/eliminate low level corruption?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Polish railways, always incorrectly assuming something is a date

New thread title, please

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://twitter.com/and_kse/status/1524331862432305152

A Harmony (Russian socdems) MP saying “they’ve surrendered” in response to the second round of flowers being kept at the monument. If she doesn’t get censured or kicked out of the party, this is going to be it for my votes with them. :suicide: Going to be a fun choice then for whom to vote, between racist “progressives”, centrists subservient to the gambling lobby, and various flavours of conservatives.

You should develop a non-rashist socdem party.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Also, low-key baffled that this doesn’t apply to women. Okay, let’s say you’re an old-time Soviet-brained sexist boomer who doesn’t believe they’re physically capable when a short visit to hospital would show that it’s all 22-year-old girls running on 3 hours of sleeping turning over people in beds and whatnot - why wouldn’t you then make the civil service alternative mandatory for them?

Because you're that sexist, or you know your constituency is that sexist and/or female and self-interested.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Based on the above, how about a combination of mushrooms, olives and mayo?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Sorry, what is the spire's significance?

vvv thanks!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 25, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Thanks for all your effort! I have a few questions/suggestions:

1. Consider making the OP a link index going to the individual parties, that will make it easier to parse. That chart's just really handy.
2. Internal references to other parties being links to their respective posts (e.g. around the LPV fracture) would also help. The same is true for your opinion post at the end.
3. What specifically do you mean by "accountable promise"?
4. Under SV, could you clarify what "doubled tax returns for single-child families" means?
5. Should I understand KPP as being similar to the old technocratic movement in the US?
6. What is Saskaņa's deal- are they basically just trying to disrupt the current government at any cost? Is there some sort of interplay happening between them and NA?
7. Under S!, what is "the school reform" they are nominally opposing?
8. Under LPV, what the gently caress does "making Latvia the Dubai of the North" mean? Oil extraction?
9. PRO seems good (which would explain why they're doing better than previously, and why they're a frequent target). What's their position on nuclear energy and grid integration?
10. Slight typo, "brining" under the AL entry.
11. Regarding AS, should we understand the splintering as being done to preserve its power relative to ZZS?
12. In your reaction/summary post, "AV" should be "AL".
13: Regarding your opinion post for R, idk what you mean by "GTO".

Generally, this layout of policy programmes and party splits is less depressing than I'd feared. It's very interesting to see how a tendency toward fracturing affecting the right rather than the left has the effect of leaving the major conservative/central party far saner than the US Republicans. Maybe I'm misattributing the causation though.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 18, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

GTO sounds similar to, in certain respects, the very good and Trump-discontinued US President's Fitness Challenge prorgam.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

9. Yeah, they're cool people, despite me having some personal history with an individual party member, being at odds with their historical immigration policy (a few years back, they cited Denmark as an example to look up to). I just wish there would be a bit more pragmatic, or communicate their pragmatism better, since otherwise they sometimes feel like “I'll fix her” category of dating mistakes, but policymaking approach.

Their programme doesn't mention nuclear at all, and I'm not sure what their historical stances on that have been. Based on the way things are here in general, I would say that it's less than 50% likely that they view it non-negatively. What you meant with grid integration?

I noted another party (blanking on which) was advocating linking the power grid to neighboring EU states.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 18, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I can't read that so I'm going to assume it's an ad for a vape pen that is flavored like a gas leak.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nenonen posted:

Bananas have a distinct flavour, although it's also worth noting that the artificial banana flavour in candies etc. is based on a cultivar that got killed by Panama disease in the 1960's, so it's nothing like our current Cavendish.

Now if it was potato flavour...

Eastern Europe: Now if it was potato flavour…

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Jeez, Russia could sabotage the support structure for Ukraine by just...shipping dangerous objects to European politicians.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

In my headcanon it's a full HIMARS

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Getting a report from the USGS of a 7.8 magnitude earthquake hitting Turkey near Nurdagi. This appears to be the largest earthquake to hit the region in recorded history, by a significant margin.

AP:
https://apnews.com/article/earthquake-shakes-turkey-b927808f6a5c54bdb669120faa40b7bc

NYT liveblog:
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/02/05/world/turkey-earthquake

Epicenter was near Gaziantep and the Syrian border.

USGS site:
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us6000jllz/executive

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1622416291872051205

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 6, 2023

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

it's incredibly grim

Eastern Europe: it's incredibly grim

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

edit: my sincere apologies, I shoulda googled what was actually happening, I'd had no idea.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 8, 2023

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

A couple good articles on a TV Rain journo's journey in CJR today:

https://www.cjr.org/the_media_today/annie-hylton-tv-rain-valeria-ratnikova.php

https://www.cjr.org/the_feature/tv-rain-valeria-exile.php

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

EU just dropped a wide range of pesticide limits to the floor, which may be a factor- I can’t check atm if grain was covered.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

A common explanation for a strongman state doing things that appear nonsensical is that either a) they are actions intended to resolve or address internal narrative or actual conflict purposes, which are more immediate to the leadership (see, in this case, Hannibal Rex's explanation), or b) there's been a misinformation feedback loop for the leadership such that they are buying their own propaganda and increasingly taking actions that are detached from reality. These two patterns are also mutually reinforcing, especially when there's greater state control of media.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Are we absolutely certain of what year it is

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

Britain does not belong to the continent.

Brexit. Means. Brexit.

I can think of no stronger argument that Britain is part of eastern europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Wear gloves; you're about to take receipt of 2 kg of pure fent.