Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pampushka

So, this is what I had, apparently, and scanning recipes diagonally a fair few of them involve sourdough. There was some unidentified “sauce” on the bread (face down, not seen on the photo). I wonder if that could have been some kind of garlic jam experiment gone horribly wrong, contributing more to the taste than I thought it does.

maybe they just really messed up the amount of yeast or the proofing time and overdid the yeast-y, beer-y flavor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i couldn't find a good photo, but this bit of the cis meeting caught my eye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkvEQIZ6I5E&t=57s

i guess it's by alphabetical order, but i can't stop giggling at how they made pashinyan stand next to aliyev

christ that has to be a galling reminder of how useless all these orgs are

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
never ate carp, but i have to figure it's kind of like catfish, and catfish is good eating

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Anne Frank Funk posted:

A true revival for our Smolensk conspiracy chuds with the death of Wagner’s Pierogiman

i'll admit my first thought at the news was "putin brought out his plane crash ray to kill again!"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Doctor Malaver posted:

Looks healthy. Many bugs splattering over the hood means a healthy ecosystem.

yeah, i wish i got a fraction of these many bugs driving the length of california

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mawarannahr posted:

Thank you for providing more context, I feel I have a better idea of what's going on that I did not before. I don't have a specific response to the points you raise right now, but I'll chew on this knowledge to be sure. (I am still in favor of the move at this time cause I think the value of transparency outweighs the cons you described, but my opinion is moving needles nowhere.)

posting this because there's a not a lot of english language articles laying out specific concerns with the bill, most just say there are protests and that the eu is not a fan, so it was refreshing to find something with some actual eu talking points

"radio free europe posted:

"I understand that the majority of civil society organizations in Georgia receive financial support from international donor institutions, (and indeed almost all larger organizations voluntarily reveal the list of their donors),” Mecacci said in written remarks to questions from RFE/RL.

"This draft law, if adopted, would therefore turn the vast majority of civil society institutions overnight into 'foreign agents' or 'representatives of foreign powers,' which is contrary to the spirit of international cooperation.”

Backers of the Georgian bill defend it by claiming it is similar to legislation in Western countries, including the United States.

That comparison was misleading if not flat-out false, argued Mecacci.

“There is a fundamental difference between the draft law under discussion and legislation in the U.S. and some other countries.

"In the latter, the legislation does not label civil society simply for receiving foreign funding, but rather seeks to ensure that private companies or nonprofits that take part in advocacy or lobbying efforts on behalf of a foreign power, register with the authorities, and then that this information is made publicly available,” he said.

“Such legislation does not apply to independent civil society organizations or media as such, and the mere receipt of funding from abroad is not sufficient to presume that they are “agents” of a foreign power and put into question their independence. The issue is not the origin of the funding received by the organization, but the nature of its activities and the work they conduct in the country.”

in principal i'm a fan of transparency laws, but wider context like the state of georgian domestic political donation transparency by comparison, or any history of selective application of similar laws seems like it would be overriding. the assertion in the interview that the vast majority already release donor lists has me suspicious about the urgency to pass this transparency law in the face of repeated large scale protests