Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Dwesa posted:

Czechia not in EE? People in Grozny will be upset

I will not stand for this! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Extremely gone and bunch of my friends were labeled as terrorist supporters, wheeee.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
The worst part is how many crazies import their idea about what is in the constitution from misunderstood American idiots. No buddy, we don't have constitutional right to own weapons and that's good.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

a podcast for cats posted:

Speaking of constitutions, there is/was a fair amount of very tedious drama around the Latvian constitution and continuous attempts by nationalists and conservatives to constitutionally ban legal recognition of same sex unions of any kind.

Oh you have those fuckers too? I still don't get what makes people so broke brained about same sex marriages.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
There is also currently kind of an increased demand on medical help that really isn't helping.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Antigravitas posted:

In utterly unrelated news, I learned about Volte Pravý Blok today. (And I won't write their full name because I don't want to summon a … gerontocratic demon right now)

And uh. Huh.

Cibulka is a mainstay of the elections and at this point it is kinda comforting to see the party, because nobody is crazy enough to vote for him, unlike some other unhinged parties.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Can we make bad posts now?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I wiped my rear end with that in university. in 2014.

Going by the quality, ours might've been from soviet era as well :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Old school handling of foreign names in Czech was to just append -ová to the surname of women, so that it had a recognizable shape that you could use to form different grammar forms. Nowadays we don't do that until we need the suffix to change to carry meaning, and to use different suffixes according to the name.

There are some people trying to stop people from changing suffixes of foreign names, but I think that's wrong because it breaks the grammar, and the argument of "well the name doesn't work like that" is bad, because taken to the logical conclusion, you'd have to e.g. pick right one of 7 different forms of my name to use based on grammatical conceits that DO NOT EVEN EXIST IN ENGLISH.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I can't imagine having different surname forms based on marital status, but in Czech every surname has a masculine and a feminine form.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

It's a tough dilemma, on the one hand I don't like adding "ová" to foreign names that technically don't need it, on the other hand using raw English names with no declensions (e.g. "viděl jsi ten nový film s Amy Adams?")is such an insufferably ostentatious dipshit poseur move, id rather slap myself than do it.

Right. I like "Amy Adams přijela do Prahy", but definitely go with "Nový film s Amy Adamsovou" for other cases.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

How the gently caress is Latvia winning by a whole litre?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Do people actually watch Eurovision? I just learned that apparently there are semi finals, and I haven't even heard they are going on so far.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
So I guess it's a Czechia thing then. I literally saw 1 mention of Eurovision in Czech in the past few months.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Oh, you also have some kind of non-losers you could theoretically send to Eurovision?

:iiam:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Cool, cool, more nationalism is exactly what was needed.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I really don't like means-tested benefits. If you want the rich to get less, loving tax them, don't create annoying bureaucracy that the poorer people need to deal with to get help.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

I mean the spiciness level of other V4 countries is literally 0. I personally think the mass infatuation with over the top spiciness is largely performative and obnoxious and to the detriment of food culture in general, but then I get even more annoyed when I make something with a molecule of chili in it and suddenly everybody freaks out that is inedible, often before even tasting it.

BTW Hungarians make very good hot sauces imo.

It's because whipping out and measuring your dicks is seen as stupid by now, so people instead measure capsaicin tolerance.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Skipping over the fact that the Kia costs more than double of what we actually drive :v: my big issue with EVs is basically "where the gently caress am I supposed to charge them?". I live in a flat in Prague, so I don't have a garage to just charge overnight, I don't drive car to work, so I can't just charge it at work, and the one close-ish charging station has a 6 hours stand-there limit, so I can't let it charge overnight there either. This leave planning trips so that we visit and wait for chargers and gently caress that.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Anne Frank Funk posted:

There is literally 1, maybe 2 evs which can accommodate a 2+3 family, especially if you want to put proper kid car seats in the back.

Not to mention the cost vs a 10 year old Volvo v70

I suppose I should have heeded the child free memo a few years back.

Sup buddy, fitting 3 car seats into the back of a car is real pain.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

mobby_6kl posted:

Mushrooms are pretty gross too. Which is a problem because they loving love sticking them everywhere here.

:getout:

You are no longer welcome in EE :colbert:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I actually have no ideas what the mushrooms are called in english, but edible Boletus(es?) are the superior mushroom option.

Also marinated shrooms are great.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Arzachel posted:

This take might be bannable in this thread but I liked HoMM5 way more than HoMM3

Liking HoMM 4 over 3 would be understandable, it tried new things, but 5? :frogout:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

cinci zoo sniper posted:

As in, HoMM 5 absolutely has a better reputation with the surviving HoMM 3 community, than HoMM 4 does.

Yeah, but you have to weight that with players being conservative idiots throwing shitfits because things changed.

Also chaining and 3's dimension door was loving stupid. :colbert:

Nenonen posted:

The original HOMM was okay but then the quality dropped. It's better to play the actual Might & Magic, the best one was MMIX.

There, ARE WE DONE?

:drat:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Spiralling debt where the mandatory expenses each year outstrip the country's income you say? Sounds familiar.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
So Babiš, one of our second-round presidency candidates, said today in a debate that he would not send army if Poland or Baltics were attacked, because he wants peace not war. :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I think EU's KYC equivalent is for transactions over 15k EUR (while US's is 10k USD).

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm with Mokotow here, I can't handle 2 weeks of +30. 5 months of <10 is fine by me

Same. I can dress for cold, I can't skin myself for heat. OTOH unless we are talking about like, Iceland winter, sunlight is overrated.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Nenonen posted:

I guess we still need a non-Soviet former Warsaw Pact member to complete this. Czechs, I'm looking at you.

Given our current parliament, the best you are gonna get is a series of failed votes, brought on by the opposition that doesn't actually want it to pass, but expects it to bring in bunch of strife and obstructions in the parliament :ughh:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Like the world at large thinks about Czechia :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Kikas posted:

Czechs are the guys who came out very much on top when the Berlin Wall fell, a better version of what happened to Poland.

They of course did that by being nationalist and xenofobic as gently caress, as Czechoslovakia dividing in half was due to economic disparities and "lol, sort out your gypsy problem yourself" from the Czech side.

Legal weed tho...

:confused:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

szary posted:

Will this lead to stricter gun control laws? Or would Czechs flip their poo poo like Americans if the government tried that?

I am already seeing lot of "only way to stop bad guy with a gun" and "guns don't kill people" and similar stupidity, so I doubt it a lot.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
It comes from couple news stories about e.g. butter with road salt, and similar quality products exported to Czechia. I don't remember seeing any in years tho

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Bright Bart posted:

British cars

Okay, now I know you are loving with us.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I looked at the trailer and I don't think he is doing any accent?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

advanced statsman posted:

Being a white bread supremacist

You could've just started with the fact that your taste buds are broken.

And yeah, baguette isn't bread.

Xarn fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 6, 2024

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
It's hungary mark 2. Lot of smart young people have left for better opportunities elsewhere, and the result is lot of, uhm, specific, people as the main voting block.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
That's completely insane take, wtf

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Nah, you gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Bright Bart posted:

e: If anyone not from Poland is confused about why I don't just register myself as living where I do, it's not that simple. Registering somewhere indefinitely requires you to either own/control the property or have permission from the person who does. And if you don't own the property you are basically out of luck unless you have a family member who likes you who owns property nearby. No landlord would consider allowing you to register in a million years. They often put up roadblocks to even temporarily registration. Basically during part of Communism apparently being registered as living somewhere meant a right to live there (because your registration was the allocation of a domicile). And even at other times there were certain rights like you might not own the house/flat or have the right to live there, but the owner needs your permission to sell the property. So actually even family who like you might not do it for you if they're old and remember commie days.

Interesting, in Czechia you always have the right to register yourself in a rented flat, you just have to bring the contract. Lot of contracts try to do the usual BS of "akshually you can't register permanent residence here", but that's illegal and unenforceable.