Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Bright Bart posted:

Propaganda where adults are turned gay or lesbian by Western decadence confuses me a little bit.

You would presume that the audience thinks of themselves as super manly men and upstanding women who couldn't be turned. So who is it meant to scare? People who know they're unconditionally straight but are worried their spouse will turn and leave them? People worried about their siblings who always seemed 'unconventional'? Retirees worried about their adult children? Or is it people not worried about themselves or their family but rather that society at large will turn homosexual and they won't feel comfortable at bars anymore?

I say "a little bit" because I figure they don't expect or want the audience to think too much about this.

We are talking about a nation where homosexual activity is not considered gay as long as it is rape but is also part of the culture in some places like gulags, mafia and the military.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

It's been ages since I've seen a langos stand, smdh

Nowadays everybody sells stupid bullshit like funnel cake, I guess an oil-saturated sheet of dough topped with its own weight in garlic suddenly isn't fancy enough

My friends who are refugees from Hungary made us authentic langos the last time we were over.
If I didn't know how bad working in an food industry was, I'd turn that langos into pure money.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Failing a coup and still being able to run for the office is peak democracy ala yank.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

MeinPanzer posted:

Given Putin’s history with false flags and the clear and open warnings issued by the US government, the whole situation seems fishy. I don’t think Putin actually orchestrated this, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he allowed it to happen in order to galvanize public support for the security state.

Seems unlikely since there was no prepared statement and some official statements already pointed at Isis.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Europe is in shengen zone so uk does not count as europe. It's just an ex-Indian colony.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Morrow posted:

In Western Europe, you drink wine. In Eastern Europe, vodka.

Meanwhile, Britain is still shopping around for a new continent after being waitlisted for North America.

In scandi you drink longero

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Interesting its "sibul" here and we use that to refer to russians near border lake as that is the area that has the best onions.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Mokotow posted:

There’s this undercurrent in developed countries that produce from less developed countries (also: less regulated) is better, fresh, etc. In Poland, we tend to consider bread as something that was “lost” due to, I dunno, EU regulations, and “you can’t get bread like you used to!”. The worst part is I agree! I think bread used to be much better, and I recon so was meat.

In Poland, we’ve almost completely moved away from small farm meat production and changed to large conglomerates, and it’s kinda poo poo now. On the other hand, we just had a few people keel over because a dude was producing sausages in his backyard without any regulations and he used the wrong kind of gelatin. And this what I mean is “maybe it’s a load of bullshit, but the meat I had in Belgrade these last two days was amazing”.

Just get a stand mixer and make your own. I've never had good bread in Poland, Germany or other mid european nations, you guys are no Croatia, Italy or Hungary.

T. Used to have an annual roadtrip through entire europe from 98-09

Whuda thunk having no standards for safety once the car rolls off the dealers lot isn't good.
But at least the car manufacturers lobbied(bribed) the government to ensure those unsafe used foreign cars don't get imported and that you need to buy a truck just to tow.

haddedam fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 5, 2024

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Bagels and such are complete unobtanium so I just make my own.

Most good food I have to make my own cause iron curtain stunted gastronomic development in baltics and made it go back to survival mode.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
I don't like sourdoughs as they are unpleasant to eat but I make foccacia, shokupan, bao and cuban bread on the regular.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

haddedam posted:

I don't like sourdoughs i think they are unpleasant to eat but I make foccacia, shokupan, bao and cuban bread on the regular.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

advanced statsman posted:

what's the consensus on lavaš?

Which lavaß? Here georgian bread and ultra thin flat bread are both lavash.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Thin lavash is amazing. Georgian bread is great too.

To.gove you undertanding why Georgian bread is also called lavash, I will say some old people plut sour cream, garlic and cheese on georgian bread and put it in the oven. they then call it "langos".

This is the cultural appropriation American high schoolers should be up in arms about.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Der Kyhe posted:

One could also improve the highway infrastructure to reduce the accidents but oops, if you don't live within the daily commute distance of the capital your concerns are invalid.

At least that's how it goes here in Finland. 150+ km from Helsinki the highway infrastructure turns aggressively 1980's unless its a single-digit highway.

Same in Tallinn: unless you live in commie block area or city center you are second rate as you don't vote for the unironically corrupt party running the city.
Public transit takes over an hour to do what car does in 20 mins.
Solution: ban cars.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
I never got the rail baltica bitching.
We have direct rail lines to russia but nobody wants to go there, on the other hand it's great for cargo.
However if I could use trains to go to europe and rest of balts I'd do it often. Especially If the train also transports cars cause it's hell driving to biekerniki in a racecar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
If you ever come by estonia I'll let you wash your car jn my yard.