Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
wrt mongolia, It's an immensely unwelcoming place geographically and on top of that it is full of Mongolians

Also I do not mean that to be disparaging, very much the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
My experience has been that in the most booze soaked countries it's less about speed of drinking and more about how early they start drinking. Especially on work days. min/maxing your countries booze consumption really requires having a drink or two with lunch. There's also some cultural tipping point where alcohol is suddenly completely inescapably everywhere and there is zero barrier to drinking.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I can only assume that there's a princess of some kind locked in there

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Sekenr posted:

I am a bit weirded out by sudden flux of praise of Belarusians by Ukraine. Either we really done a good job by railway sabotage or trying to undo the damage of Zelensky speech back in march. It honestly felt kind of crappy how he adressed Belarusian citizens as traitors to UA-BY brotherhood while being the only non russian president in the neighbourhood who refused to meet Tikhanovskaya and only stopped trading with belarus regime like 1 week after the war started.

Anyway Arestovich said that Kalinovsky batallion are some sort of gods on the battlefield and bloggers saying "while russians post comments complaining how impossible it is to fight the regime belarusians just do (burn relay boxes)"

Yall did really good with the railway sabotage and the belarusian army clearly has not given a single gently caress about actually getting involved to help Russia

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Paladinus posted:

It's still just a bill, but there is a good chance it may become a law.

Lukashenko's government was already shooting people caught sabotaging railways in the knees, plus whatever else they were doing to them after, so idk how much of a difference that being an actual law will make.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Our greens and agrarians are the same party, and they only care about property values of rich Latvian-speaking rural landlords. Therefore it is Latvian Greens, for instance, who are the primary instigators behind forever wars against wind energy, and now this as well. Obviously they have reasons to not like gas, but that’s really not what is happening here.

for a country with several national dishes of grey peas, you'd think they'd be more accepting of gas

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Different yeasts yield wildly different breads. I've used yeasts that produced really intense beer-y smells to the bread and, hell, there's a non-zero chance someone actually used a beer or wine yeast by mistake, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Nenonen posted:

Wouldn't a beery taste come more from malted barley, possibly hops but malt would be likelier in a bread? Especially since sourdough uses wild yeasts so there's no way to select a specific strand.

Nah there's a specific smell of yeast fermenting carbohydrates that is the main smell people associate with beer before even getting into specific grains or flavorants.

Also yeah, the other replies also hit the other major speculative ways you might end up with beery tasting bread eg overfermented dough or some seriously funky starter or unusual grains in the flour or so on. idk though I haven't been really into baking bread in like 15 years so I'm probably forgetting stuff