Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Charitably, maybe they're opposed to the pan-slavic movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Latvia is a rightful part of Greater Macedonia

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

The bread I've had in Bulgaria hasn't been anything to write home about, but the prevalence of rice in their cuisine more than makes up for any shortcomings.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Mokotow posted:

I’m trying to think of a Polish actor speaking English in a movie and Olbrychski’s role in Salt came to mind, but he was a playing an old soviet agent.

Anyhow, there’s a bunch if people on YouTube and I think this guy sounds like 85% of Poles speaking English: https://youtu.be/JS0aWS7uSzQ?si=JvrDrrf_V-g1BZ-c

It’s a bit more rounded and nasal, I want to say? Russian accent is very sharp and hard by comparison, using layman’s terms.

I think the big difference is the emphasis. The polish accent is fairly flat, whereas Russian tries to put the emphasisis the middle of words.