Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the second-angriest i've ever seen a polish person get is when i accidentally called poland eastern european instead of central. the angriest is when he started complaining about immigration and "krakowstan" and i asked him to say the shahada with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

OddObserver posted:

How is Mongolia's conversion from Cyrillic going anyway?

quote:

In March 2020, the Mongolian government announced plans to use both Cyrillic and the traditional Mongolian script in official documents by 2025.

switching to native script has gotta be absolutely daunting, mostly due to what i assume is little to no digitization

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

S breaking off to form S! is pretty great

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

and it's not even on sale

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

huh, has russia done anything about its neighbors banning russian as a minority language recently

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MikusR posted:

The problem is that Russians refuse to learn Latvian, like at all.

lol in the states this is a very :aochloe: type of sentence

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah when i saw the monuments being toppled i thought we were in the "tear down and replace street signs" phase of collective punishment, but frankly combined with the equivalent of ESL classes that's basically american curriculum

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

is this the proposed new cabinet for an incoming coalition?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

well that's surprising

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nenonen posted:

Bananas have a distinct flavour, although it's also worth noting that the artificial banana flavour in candies etc. is based on a cultivar that got killed by Panama disease in the 1960's, so it's nothing like our current Cavendish.

Now if it was potato flavour...

i was aware of the gros michel but didn't know it was used in runts' awful banana candy. lol i'm glad they're all dead

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mokotow posted:

I couldn't nope out of this for 20 minutes as she was stopping every 3 steps to share more pearls of wisdom. Even in the very downtown of Warsaw, from people supposedly of the legendary "inteligencja" you get this poo poo.

it is okay to be rude to old fascists hth

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a podcast for cats posted:

I realise it's a shitpost, but that's a loaded can of worms right there when there is the faintest hint of ethnic or religious tension.

would that have the same public conflict as a black man refusing to carry the groceries of a white woman in the 50s south?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

VSOKUL girl posted:

dark horse Neutral Turkmenistan

drat i just found out niyazov's successor moved the "neutrality monument" out to the burbs. i bet it doesn't even spin anymore

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

good to see a semper fi in a more original context

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gdansken flag

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

look the pun was unavoidable, i'm just the messenger

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

homm3 rules, i just got back into it a couple months ago. it still owns that a single misclick can totally ruin a 12-hour game. merciless AI

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when i fire up homm3 i have to turn my speakers way down at the intro screen; even pre-saved music at zero and sound effects at one creates a blastwave

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Check out https://h3hota.com/en/documentation (which includes https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/ by the way). I highly recommend it, over whatever was the recent remaster - this is going to be both better “HD”, after you tinker to your liking with new graphics settings, and will have quite a few balance and bug fixes. It’s also the edition of the game played currently only and in tournaments. I suggest installing it over https://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_might_and_magic_3_complete_edition - this gets you all campaigns, and everything of all worlds basically.

If you check HotA documentation, you’ll see random templates mentioned - multiplayer happens on randomly generated (to a specific pattern) maps. Quite a bit of those will be really hard for someone who’s not spent time learning how to chain heroes and win fights at a severe army disadvantage (on template maps, roads have numbers indicating guard strength, and guard strength above 10 is probably going to eat any recreational player alive on a non-rich template).

Here are some default HotA templates that should be interesting enough for a single player game:
  • Simpler - 8mm6a, 8xm12a, Spider, Clash of Dragons, Boomerang, Nine-Day Wonder
  • More involved - h3dm1, 6lm10a, Mini Nostalgia, Diamond, Apocalypse
Do keep in mind that AI is not particularly good at playing those out, but I think it’s still a good bit of fun. In multiplayer, Jebus Cross is by far the most popular template, but it’s randomisation pattern can make it so difficult that pro players will every now and then fail to exit their starting zone in a live tournament match. Even with favourable RNG, you still need to have quite a few multiplayer-specific skills to get anywhere there, and AI is unable to play it at all.

there's another install over the most recent version? what's hota? i understand random maps, but what are specific pattern random maps? i played a random map once that had no nearby lumber or stone, or one or the other? do you just restart at that point or keep going? do you really tailor down logistics (or ban the heroes) speed to the point in order to chain heroes/new week refreshes? what is guard strength ten? oh no i'm a noob

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Somaen posted:

He unequivocally condemned the war on Ukraine on the outbreak of it on 24th of February out of prison, does that count

last I checked he got mad about the mobilization draft and suggested the civil service should be rolled into the military or something

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Antigravitas posted:

Mayonaise or Vinegar/Oil on potato salad?
mustard :texas:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

apples belong in tuna salad, not potato salad smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh that's what extinction rebellion means