Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
actually im bullshitting, i was confused during most of chrono cross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
i think it's okay and maybe even good to say go ahead and play chrono cross before playing chrono trigger. the best time to play chrono cross would be when the biggest disappointment about it has no meaning to you, right?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

You visit extrwmely colorful tropical places with an australian girl while your gf fumes in the background

This is the only response about the vibe. thread closed

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

signalnoise posted:

i think it's okay and maybe even good to say go ahead and play chrono cross before playing chrono trigger. the best time to play chrono cross would be when the biggest disappointment about it has no meaning to you, right?

The best time to play Chrono Cross was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

The best time to play Chrono Cross was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

Wow. Inspirational.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I'm going to play Chrono Cross, for the first time, on my Nintendo Switch soon.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

port every jrpg to the switch. im glad theyre doing this, been curious ever since i played chrono trigger and loved it

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

extremebuff posted:

port every jrpg to the switch

:pray:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

picture this:

a c trig remake in the octopath style

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Skeezy posted:

picture this:

gah!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Skeezy posted:

picture this:

Disgusting

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Skeezy posted:

picture this:

its coming

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Skeezy posted:

picture this:

i'm pictureing guts' dragon slayer splitting you in twain, jackass

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

I got the tude now posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skeezy posted:

picture this:

https://youtu.be/FvZO8HGTmtc

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I like the Octopath style a lot but I just started Chrono Trigger for the first time the other day and the sprite work and animations are so impressive I don’t think it needs anything other than support for modern screen resolutions to look fantastic on a modern console

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I like the Octopath style a lot but I just started Chrono Trigger for the first time the other day and the sprite work and animations are so impressive I don’t think it needs anything other than support for modern screen resolutions to look fantastic on a modern console

When I Am Setsuna came out a few years ago I gave it a try and found it really dry and boring, even the Chrono Trigger-inspired gameplay. So I replayed Chrono Trigger to see if it held up and the sheer amount of personality in the sprite work immediately jumped out at me. Even the most basic random enemies have a ton of charm and cool animations. It's incredibly good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

except i didn't just start it for the first time

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

Harrow posted:

When I Am Setsuna came out a few years ago I gave it a try and found it really dry and boring, even the Chrono Trigger-inspired gameplay. So I replayed Chrono Trigger to see if it held up and the sheer amount of personality in the sprite work immediately jumped out at me. Even the most basic random enemies have a ton of charm and cool animations. It's incredibly good.

Never heard of this but I love chrono trigger so I looked it up and it looks completely souless

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

Never heard of this but I love chrono trigger so I looked it up and it looks completely souless

Correct

The music is nice though

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Sea of the Stars apparently has some people working on it that worked on Chrono Trigger and other games; I have no clue if it is going to be good or not but I am hopeful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqK-1WGqYmI

Then again I heard about how Blue Dragon for the 360 had former DQ and CT people working on it and that game sucked poo poo, so I am probably more cautiously optimistic than anything

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

on the one hand, chrono cross re-enforces japanese and western european notions of colonialism by having big lipped comedic jamacan patois speaking characters and shucking and jiving voodoo dolls. on the other hand, chrono cross admits that even full anthro furries( we're talking bipedal big cats covered in fur folks, not cutesy/sexy quasi furries like felicia or nekomata from smt, Full Blown ANthro folks) can be heroes. however, these heroism is depicted by our anthro hero spearheading a genocide comited against scalies. in conclusion, chrono cross is a land of contrasts

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Chrono Cross is great.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hizke posted:

Chrono Cross is great.

For me to—*nervously glances around and reads the room*—redownload and start a new playthrough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Poshul the Great Game Dog