Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ok guys who added viking funeral mode to autopilot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
My friend's husband works for Tesla and when I visited them last year, he told me Musky's new big challenge to his engineers was a car that could go from Paris to Beijing on an alternative fuel source. My suggestion of a Flintstones car was not deemed acceptable.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ok guys who added viking funeral mode to autopilot?

Sorry I know that was only meant to be added to the premium autopilot service.

I think it must of been accidentally added in with the regular autopilot service. Will change regular autopilot back to shallow grave in the nearest woods ASAP.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

doingitwrong posted:

The self driving sensor camera suite will generate NFTs of your Sunday cruise. Now every trip is a chance to profit.

You mean 1/7th of your trips? Sunday cruise? What are you some kind of evangelical christian? We only allow evangelical muskists in this company

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Zil posted:

Like size-wise or duration of erection?

Duration. We need to know who is the most excited to be driving their Tesla.

Speaking of which, new feature: your car will now automatically post to all of your social media when you are driving. “Out for a ride in my Tesla Model Y Dual Motor”, “Loving the smooth ride and Full Self Driving of my Tesla”, “Elon Musk is a genius and should be exempt from workplace regulations”, stuff like that.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
The cup holders are ergonomically designed to hold a glass of Chateau d'Yqem at the perfect angle to let it breathe. Please just don't look at our code.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
Ive just completed a new software update that lets you play games on the windshield as a heads up display so drivers are less distracted and more engaged.

Im going to add coins on the road soon to collect extra Tesla Points* that you can turn in for NFTs. You get extra points for collecting coins and power ups in other lanes - so pay attention!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Going to increase demand for Tesla cars by having them be able to mine Crypto.

Sweet idea!! Tesla can even keep a small portion (35%) of any profits made by the "owner" car subscriber.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Noblesse Obliged posted:

The car doesn’t go anywhere or do anything but shows a message when you get in that says “wherever you go, there you are”

Goddam, this car was designed by SOCRATES!!
Also, instead of rejection seats, or ejection seats, since we're talking about boners, how about ERECTION SEATS !!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Elon Musk visited the office today, and now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to turn a stick shift into a trackball mouse.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I feel like it would be better to have consumers subscribe to their batteries rather than buy them with the car.

Of course they are still responsible for all repairs and maintenance. Even during the warranty, unless they purchase a separate battery warranty thats only good if the batteries are only slightly broken instead of being completely replaced.

Also, they would need to pay a separate fee for labour to repair the batteries, we could call that a "service contract".

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Air conditioning uses a lot of energy that reduces the distances our cars can travel. That is why we are now offering tiers of climate control for customers cars. The basic tier is no windows, no roof, no windshield, just the power of nature keeping you cool. The second tier will be a windshield. Third tier will a fully enclosed cabin with small fans that are powered by the passengers. Fourth tier will of course offer full climate control, but it must be subscribed to. Without an active subscription, the system will fall back to peddle power.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Let's use a LIDAR scan of Elon Musk as an Alexa-like in our cars, that way people can ask him to do a little jig on the screen!

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

wesleywillis posted:

I feel like it would be better to have consumers subscribe to their batteries rather than buy them with the car.

Of course they are still responsible for all repairs and maintenance. Even during the warranty, unless they purchase a separate battery warranty thats only good if the batteries are only slightly broken instead of being completely replaced.

Also, they would need to pay a separate fee for labour to repair the batteries, we could call that a "service contract".

Hey rear end in a top hat, you stole my idea!

I'm the genius who thought of this first posted:

This is genius. We can then sell "Elan's Choice" branded "Battery Boosters" (30lb battery packs) when the onboard mining rigs septuple the energy consumption!

Or, even better we sell "Elan's Select" branded "On the Go Packs" that weigh half that with a required subscription plan!

I'm going straight to "The Big M" (we're friends and he lets me call him that) and he's going to fire your rear end! Good luck finding another job after my boy calls you a pedo on Twitter!

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Getting rid of all the glass windows and just making a solid metal body, then using monitors to see the outside will reduce costs and increase safety. I saw this on the bridge on Star Trek.

But what if the monitors break?

No problem, full autopilot will still get you home safe.

Trust the computer.

Anyway, stop bogarting the cocaine tray. Pass that poo poo homie.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

The glove compartment (aka, the "Grunk") comes pre-equipped with a booklet to provide law enforcement or court officers, laying out a legal argument that there is no constitutional basis for any law requiring attentiveness while driving.

In order to ensure that the Grunk pamphlet and pamphlet pedestal installation does not reduce overall cargo space available to customers, a tiny hubcap trunk (aka, a "Hunk") has been installed between the wheel and hubcap of each passenger side tire assembly. A Tesla branded screwdriver compatible with the proprietary 17-point screw head used to open and shut the Hunk can be added as an option at the time of vehicle purchase for $250, or any time after purchase for $9000.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Thanks, Chet, that's great. Ok get this: same idea but it also communicates to the police why age-of-consent laws are bullshit. can we maybe loop the guy from Big Bang Theory in on this one, or maybe Charlie Kirk?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Tesluh.. uh... you got any gum??

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

INTERNAL MEMORANDUM

To: Software Team

Re: Exciting Opportunity for Upselling

As you all know, we recently acquired a Model 3 to test, we've gotten extraordinary amounts of helpful data. While it would have been helpful for Musk to just give us a car, we all agree with his line of thinking that making us all pool our money together to buy one gives us more incentive to find issues with the vehicle. We used to not be unanimous in our agreement, but ever since we got Ricky fired for reporting to HR about the rope and shackles we put on his desk, we are now all on the same page.

Anyway, this memo is to let you know of another issue we found on the car, which is actually an opportunity.

Issue: The airbag material will deteriorate and fail if it is exposed to any interior cabin temperature shift of more than 20 degrees in a 20 minute period.
Recommended action 1: Create an Evergreen Climate mode that slows the amount of time the cabin temperature can adjust to the user's preference if it requires a temperature shift out of that boundary. We can market this to the consumer as an energy/environment saving mode.
Recommended action 2: Upsell on the notification screen for a 'Quick Mode' for a fee that will immediately deduct $10,000 from the customer's bank account. Legal/Accounting has estimated that the pool of money from this upcharge should cover liability fees.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Thanks, Chet, that's great. Ok get this: same idea but it also communicates to the police why age-of-consent laws are bullshit. can we maybe loop the guy from Big Bang Theory in on this one, or maybe Charlie Kirk?

A life-sized hologram of Alan Dershowitz will appear from a projector installed in the steering column. As an easter egg, he will also have a special "fart mode".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Zil posted:

Air conditioning uses a lot of energy that reduces the distances our cars can travel. That is why we are now offering tiers of climate control for customers cars. The basic tier is no windows, no roof, no windshield, just the power of nature keeping you cool. The second tier will be a windshield. Third tier will a fully enclosed cabin with small fans that are powered by the passengers. Fourth tier will of course offer full climate control, but it must be subscribed to. Without an active subscription, the system will fall back to peddle power.

"Bruh, just bought a new 'Tezla' got the no AC version for only 500 extra. No ac because its bad for the environment. I'm doing my part for the environmet yo".

*Eats organic, free range avocado imported from New Zealand on a container ship*

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why don't we replace the airbags with whorebags?

For gently caress's sake Barry, go home. Just take some time off.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

El Diablo Bob O posted:

Hey rear end in a top hat, you stole my idea!

I'm going straight to "The Big M" (we're friends and he lets me call him that) and he's going to fire your rear end! Good luck finding another job after my boy calls you a pedo on Twitter!

Oh poo poo! My bad bro!

Obviously though, its a good idea and such an OBVIOUS one at that. Like how can nobody else have done that yet?

E: Also, we should sue the band TESLA for stealing our name, even though they've been around for like 40 years or whatever.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 15, 2022

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Why don't we replace the airbags with whorebags?

For gently caress's sake Barry, go home. Just take some time off.

Okay, Barry's leave request was just approved, we need to demote him for not being a team player

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
A steering wheel that does not whiff out the window when I'm driving

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Thought I would bring this up at the next board meeting.

Why not move all production to South Africa?

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Let's cut the battery in half, to save money and weight. Then let's put a diesel generator in the frunk and have it charge the battery.

We'll sell it as the "infinite battery" model, but people will just put fuel in it. And they can get that diesel anywhere so we'll also call it "untethered" and charge $50,000 more.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
With the doors that won't open and the massive fire risk, we've successfully reduced our liability in an AI crash from the driver and passengers to near zero. However, legal are worried about any surviving pedestrians or occupants of other vehicles. To resolve this, we've added extra crash sensors and power distribution circuits, and now, in the event of a crash, 100% of the available power will go to electrifying the outer body.
As a bonus, loss of power will prevent OnStar summoning emergency services, and we've moved the car log data disk to the bodywork where the high voltage will destroy it, meaning should anyone somehow survive, they'll be unable to prove us at fault.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

You know what these cars could really use? Built in car seats. But instead of putting them in the back seat like other car companies, we put them in the trunk instead.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Trollologist posted:

Let's cut the battery in half, to save money and weight. Then let's put a diesel generator in the frunk and have it charge the battery.

We'll sell it as the "infinite battery" model, but people will just put fuel in it. And they can get that diesel anywhere so we'll also call it "untethered" and charge $50,000 more.

Sweet idea. We can even add a 5000 dollar option for a smoke tune, that way we can roll coal at "lesser" electric vehicles.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I think it's bullshit that retrograde traffic engineers are allowed to tell Musk's advanced Ai where it is or isn't allowed to go. Let machine learning figure out efficient traffic patterns.

Where are the so called 'woke' liberals when I'm getting a traffic ticket for going down a one way street the so-called "wrong" way.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Now listen here boyos - I've a right proper idea. Let's plant or "install" some C4 under the driver's side seat?

Now Seamus, we've been through this. The Trouble's are in the past and that's where we'll leave 'em!

But the Engli...

I said enough and I'll hear no more of it!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Guys. There's a problem with the cybertruck.

No not the flat sheets showing dings.

Not the windshield wiper problem either.

No a new problem: it's not big enough. We need this thing to be the biggest motherfucker in the gym parking lot

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Speleothing posted:

No a new problem: it's not big enough. We need this thing to be the biggest motherfucker in the gym parking lot

Look we don't really want to do all that much re-engineering on this can we just chuck one on top on another, cut a hole in the middle connect em, and call it the Cybertruck² or some gently caress?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'm not cleaning my car in anticipation of a cyber truck showing up in my gym parking lot.

It's gonna feel so good to throw all my trash into the bed of the cyber truck.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Instead of donating clothes at drop boxes, I'm gonna drive around until I see a cyber truck.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Listen up everyone, Neuralink is way ahead of us in ape deaths this quarter. We're gonna need to raise our numbers before the Technoking starts breathing down our necks. Can we start putting a chimp in the driver seat for every FSD test? That ought to help.

If we can't kill enough chimps, how about some orphans? If we lose to Neuralink on chimps but we can show progress on orphans it might keep Elon happy.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

wesleywillis posted:

Sweet idea. We can even add a 5000 dollar option for a smoke tune, that way we can roll coal at "lesser" electric vehicles.

It's even odds someone actually does this but with a smoke machine or something.

Call the tech guys and some lawyers and get them on this immediately.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

doingitwrong posted:

I think it's bullshit that retrograde traffic engineers are allowed to tell Musk's advanced Ai where it is or isn't allowed to go. Let machine learning figure out efficient traffic patterns.

Where are the so called 'woke' liberals when I'm getting a traffic ticket for going down a one way street the so-called "wrong" way.

"Officer, clearly this one way street identifies as a two way street, hey why have you taken that tazer out of its holst...aaAAAAAAAAHAHHHHHH!!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Bad Purchase posted:

Listen up everyone, Neuralink is way ahead of us in ape deaths this quarter. We're gonna need to raise our numbers before the Technoking starts breathing down our necks. Can we start putting a chimp in the driver seat for every FSD test? That ought to help.

If we can't kill enough chimps, how about some orphans? If we lose to Neuralink on chimps but we can show progress on orphans it might keep Elon happy.

I'm sure elon can just use some south african slave labour like his family did in their mines willing participants who are totally doing it for free because who wouldn't want to be in on the ground floor of something so amazing.