Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The 2022/23 quadruple is ON.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jurgen Plopp is a hairy fraud

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
The chels remain the champions of europe of England for another year

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://streamja.com/ZKQb3 fans breaking down and rushing through barricades. Looks like mostly young liverpool fans.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Police are blaming locals for it

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1530835579620970496?t=DqBK9B_9BaTY91ZqS7qKwA&s=19

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Have they seen the 19 second clip of some fans pushing through a flimsy barrier though. I think we should be told

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

quote:

Seine-Saint-Denis is the French department with the highest proportion of immigrants: 21.7% at the 1999 census (see table below).

I wonder what lead the police to point out this suburb in particular. I guess we'll never know.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Fr though I had a friend get locked out of the ground briefly and as daft as it sounds it feels as though the staff on the doors looked at their watches and saw that it was 8:00, went 'well everyone who wanted to get in would have got in for kick off, this 3 hour line of people must all have fake tickets, fetchez mon gas de tear'

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
This would never have happened in the Super League.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Xabi posted:

This would never have happened in the Super League.

Because PSG play at a different ground?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Is this the thread to post a hearty "gently caress UEFA, the French, pigs, Real Madrid and also Liverpool"?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

Is this the thread to post a hearty "gently caress UEFA, the French, pigs, Real Madrid and also Liverpool"?

I'm quite fond of bacon tbh

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
no one wants to see english tourists so i can understand why they were reluctant to let them into the stadium tbh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Andy Robertson says some of his family and friends who got tickets through him were told they had fake tickets and not allowed in, so it seems like the French police are just lying about that as well. Quelle surprise.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This very long twitter thread of a journalist who was part of the crowd for most of it covers it but this is the kind of thing the cops were doing

https://twitter.com/draper_rob/status/1530830629922799616?s=20&t=BX3W4k0JppuBoBZW7j5EUQ

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

TheRat posted:

I wonder what lead the police to point out this suburb in particular. I guess we'll never know.

The stadium is in Saint Denis, as to why they point out that stat in particular hmmmmmm

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
https://twitter.com/jimbeglin/status/1530808645373526019

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Europe is the third world

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Welcome to st denis lol

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Absolutely guaranteed this guy saw a person of color and freaked out

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Blinkz0rz posted:

Absolutely guaranteed this guy saw a person of color and freaked out

Idgi

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

impossible to believe this could happen in gentle st denis smh

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
https://twitter.com/independent/status/1531229467011690496?s=21&t=FD4vz2T93W75i6h6aLP3Jg

lmao

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Yes, I'm sure the French minister is not trying to deflect from rank incompetence, malicious behavior by the police, horrid communication and worse logistics taking place at a French venue.

:bravo:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Are you "lmao"ing at the French trying to pull this or are you "lmao"ing because you're sharing that as a factual thing that happened?

Asking for a friend

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Are you "lmao"ing at the French trying to pull this or are you "lmao"ing because you're sharing that as a factual thing that happened?

Asking for a friend

loving hell op

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/SachinNakrani/status/1531349762963824640

Excited for Dr Rodrigues to hand in a single piece of A4 that says 'you know what them scousers are like, always the victims' and then walk off with a massive uefa novelty cheque

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Oh wait he's doing it for free. Walking away with some hospitality tickets for next year's final which may or may not be genuine

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

nawilo_420 posted:

loving hell op

why don’t you just answer him, oval office

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

sticksy posted:

Yes, I'm sure the French minister is not trying to deflect from rank incompetence, malicious behavior by the police, horrid communication and worse logistics taking place at a French venue.

:bravo:

Why wasn't it an issue for the Madrid fans or in any of the other major events hosted at the same stadium in the past?

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
The two men in Liverpool jerseys who sucker punched a Real fan in a video I saw must have also been the French in disguise, imo

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

EC10 posted:

The two men in Liverpool jerseys who sucker punched a Real fan in a video I saw must have also been the French in disguise, imo

So are you saying the multiple reports of crowd mismanagement are wrong?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can we all just wait for Dr Rodrigues' report before jumping to conclusions please, thanks

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Why wasn't it an issue for the Madrid fans or in any of the other major events hosted at the same stadium in the past?

Apparently the Madrid fans had multiple gates open to them, with easy access from the metro station, while the Liverpool fans had only one. Also the line to get to the gate was unnecessarily constricted and the gate was understaffed. That’s just what I got from one of the Twitter threads that was posted here anyway, no clue how true any of it is.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Eric Cantonese posted:

What if Liverpool fans bad, but also french cops bad as well

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Get this: multiple things can be bad, simultaneously

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Can we all just wait for Dr Rodrigues' report before jumping to conclusions please, thanks

But I'm not even feeling unwell

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1531297807151276033

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

ilmucche posted:

What if Liverpool fans bad, but also french cops bad as well

Butterfly Valley posted:

Get this: multiple things can be bad, simultaneously

That was kind of my point, guys. There are some clips of Liverpool fans acting badly, but unless the reports coming out are very off, it looks much more like inadequate preparations and training led to the vast majority of the problems that caused the delayed kickoff. Is that a controversial point?

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Madrid fans had an easier time getting into the gates, but there were a lot of problems with the event organization that affected them too.

https://www.20minutos.es/deportes/noticia/5007262/0/cronica-atracos-pesadilla-aficionados-real-madrid-liverpool-final-champions-league/

Here's an English language article. My apologies for it being from the Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...acks-thugs.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Even the sponsors are pissed off so it's more than just "lol scousers bad"