Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Got my shipment in the mail, opened it up and read some stuff through. The antagonists and the future-tech stuff in Next are pretty interesting!

I have a question about the little pack-in game, Faith & Sails. The rules say that if you can't match an objective with one die, you can add multiple dice to reach it, but lose all but the highest die. But if you can't match an objective at all, you get the option to give up one supply or a die that wasn't involved in the challenge.

This seems strictly better than combining dice most times and I wonder if I'm missing something.

Does it only count as a success if you combine dice instead of making a sacrifice?

Have you got to combine dice if the option's available to you?

Or is it just that actually holding dice back from a challenge is a bit of a luxury, like supply, which you're not always going to have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU