Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I got nationwide for my 75 lb lab back when he was 4. He's 12 now, healthy except for really bad arthritis that we're managing best we can.

If I were actually diligent about filing claims I could have probably saved a few thousand by now for his arthritis medication (galliprant) and possibly his hydrotherapy too. Instead I've probably put more in than I got out.
That's on me, they actually cover his medication and the few claims I've filed paid out, I was just horribly bad about keeping up with the paperwork.

We got it originally just in case he broke a leg or something that required surgery, catastrophic insurance. If he didn't have arthritis I don't know if we'd ever have used it.

I think getting it depends on if you need a backup source of funding in case your pet needs a sudden $5k surgery or something. If you don't, then I'd say skip it. If you do, and you don't feel like begging friends or family on GoFundMe and you actually want your pet to get care, then it's a decent security blanket.

I can't speak to providers too much. I've only used nationwide and it's been...fine? Only weird thing is you send emails where you attach screenshots of receipts for claims, which is more unwieldly than you'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU