Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
A pair of drawers from a dresser that someone was tossing. They had dividers in them that made them perfect to hang on my wall and use as a spice rack. I kinda hope the rest of the dresser found a home, but probably not with two missing drawers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Buttchocks posted:

A pair of drawers from a dresser that someone was tossing. They had dividers in them that made them perfect to hang on my wall and use as a spice rack. I kinda hope the rest of the dresser found a home, but probably not with two missing drawers.

How did you figure this out? Did you walk up to the abandoned dresser and start pulling out drawers?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
It became a running in-joke with my friend group in our early 20s to shout "LICEY SPICEY" and try to 'tag' another friend with some derelict piece of clothing on the sidewalk.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

TotalLossBrain posted:

How did you figure this out? Did you walk up to the abandoned dresser and start pulling out drawers?

Yes. I needed a spice rack.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
not me, but my mom. Driving down a old road in New Mexico and almost ran over a box turtle. She caught the turtle, who promptly pissed all over her, and brought her home. This was about 35 years ago.

Myrtle plots our demise still, I imagine, in between all the food.

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'
Green cashmere sweater outside Oval Station, London. Possibly thrown from a car?

It’s machine washable and fits me perfectly. I’m enjoying telling people it was a ‘Christmas gift to myself’.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
Granted they were on the curb for garbage day, but it was a pair of 70's vintage Schwinn Varsities, and one of them was even in my size.

I had been telling some of my cycling friends that I was going to ride a Varsity at the next Eroica California event. Now all I have to do is give it a good overhaul and I am ready to go. Jorts, tube socks, tank top and Converse high tops to complete the outfit.

Eroica California is a cycling event where you have to use a road bike older than 1985. 99.9 percent of the people use a racing bike as listed in the rule book. Going to be fun.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

shame on an IGA posted:

did he hear them? because they get surprisingly vocal

For reference (cw: turtles loving, obviously)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rE_FG2xauA

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Twelve bricks

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

When I moved in with an old roommate about a decade ago, we went out to get drunk and celebrate a successful move, and when we got up the next day, there was a cinder block on our kitchen table.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

Eroica California is a cycling event where you have to use a road bike older than 1985. 99.9 percent of the people use a racing bike as listed in the rule book. Going to be fun.

99.9 percent of people are dull as gently caress

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
a couple months ago i was helping my mom do her pre-thanksgiving shopping and an unopened bag of dispensary weed blew to my feet from somewhere in the walmart parking lot. there were no dispensaries in our state at that time so somebody had carried it a while before they lost it. guess the universe just liked me better that day fsr

found a midcentury modern teak sideboard once. no longer have it (didn't take much furniture when i moved between states to gtfo of texas back in '17) and don't have a picture of it but it was really nice.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

InediblePenguin posted:

a couple months ago i was helping my mom do her pre-thanksgiving shopping and an unopened bag of dispensary weed blew to my feet from somewhere in the walmart parking lot. there were no dispensaries in our state at that time so somebody had carried it a while before they lost it. guess the universe just liked me better that day fsr

found a midcentury modern teak sideboard once. no longer have it (didn't take much furniture when i moved between states to gtfo of texas back in '17) and don't have a picture of it but it was really nice.

Anyone else seeing the Forrest Gump opening but instead of a leaf, it's a bag of weed?

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Every other Spring my town did the "throw anything out of any size/shape, no garbage stickers required", and for "the day of yoinking" me and my teenage friends would drive around in someone's van and scavenge the town.
Highlights included:

a working TG-16 with around 12 games
3 paper bags full of 80's Penthouses
an old timey dentists chair
2 guitars and a violin, minor chips/missing stings but once restrung and gently sanded, perfectly working
half a dozen laptops that were then repaired and used as Counter-Strike servers for LAN parties, or something, don't remember.

I miss garbage picking in rich neighborhoods :(

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
$50 floating in a shrub out by the exit of the old Clem Jones swim center.

$100 by the Aussie Nash hotel

Also council pick up in our area minted me a free three tier bamboo shelf where I put my succulants.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I found this newspaper in a skip. I'm pretty sure it's an anal sex joke from 1939.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Magnificent "parachutes encourage cowardice" logic from the home office there too.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I found a dummy and it kept some percentage of the gullible teenagers off my porch because, as a found out later, there was ways someone in the front window, watching. There wasn’t, we just dumped the dummy there.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
A dvd copy of house of 1000 corpse

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

OwlFancier posted:

Magnificent "parachutes encourage cowardice" logic from the home office there too.

I like the self-assured declaration that there will be no war in Europe, a few months before the official beginning of the most devastating war in human history

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Two summers ago I found a massive, super heavy wooden hanging wall mirror with coat hooks on it in the alley. Turned it over to a friend of mine who deals in vintage/antiques, and he appraised it and told me it was from the mid 1910s and solid mahogany. Put it up in his shop and sold it for $375!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Two summers ago I found a massive, super heavy wooden hanging wall mirror with coat hooks on it in the alley. Turned it over to a friend of mine who deals in vintage/antiques, and he appraised it and told me it was from the mid 1910s and solid mahogany. Put it up in his shop and sold it for $375!

isn't this how horror movies start?

bulk trash day brings out a ton of people with trailers, picking over stuff left out. It's always curious to see what people will grab up versus leave.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Back before LED tvs became omnipresent, my roommate and I saw someone throw out a big one on the curb.

Asked the guy what was wrong with it and if we could take it, and one capacitor replacement later we had a new tv.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

My friends and I were walking back to the parking garage after seeing a concert in Seattle, and we came across a light post that someone had probably hit with their car and knocked over. The base was made up of hexagonal segments or something, and one had embossed lettering for Seattle City Light. I grabbed that segment and hid it under my coat until we got to the car. I got really nervous when we got lost and had to ask a cop how to get to I-5.
It's been sitting in in the garden for 20+ years now.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.
Several crates containing approximately 400 vinyl records. Less than 50 of them were decent (quality, genres I enjoy) and the rest have simply made my record wall look much more impressive than it is.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Beardcrumb posted:

Several crates containing approximately 400 vinyl records. Less than 50 of them were decent (quality, genres I enjoy) and the rest have simply made my record wall look much more impressive than it is.

I found a huge pile of full boxes of new records in Williamsburg Brooklyn. After looking up the label I realized they were just throwing away unwanted records. Sadly it was stuff I wasn’t that into, light punk and indie pop, but I gave some away to save them from the trash.

Another time I found a milkcrate of vintage reggae records on the street, that was a much better find. It was packed with gems, all old Jamaican pressings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Beardcrumb posted:

This starts like the title of an in rem case.