Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
Yes, that was certainly... a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Ah yes, the "American Tourist" and the "South American Freedom Fighter" disguises. Nobody will ever figure out our intrepid investigators are on the case!

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

I'm beginning to see why people thought the guy who voiced George wasn't actually an American - who pronounces "Irvine" like that? Seriously?

Albu-quirky Guy fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 14, 2022

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

I believe the correct description is "their ambition exceeded their abilities." There are some real gems in here, and if someone experienced were able to polish the game I think it would have been a definite winner. As is, I'd probably put it in the "halfway decent fanfic" category.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

I can't say 100% but the faces on the box do look an awful lot like Tsar Nicholas and Tsarina Alexandra. And the double-headed eagle was the Russian Imperial crest.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Apparently https://brokensword.fandom.com/wiki/Kat_D was a backer in the Kickstarter that was randomly chosen to become one of the side characters in the game. The other one was https://brokensword.fandom.com/wiki/Adam, Nico's next door neighbor with the pug decor, who we met in Fleur's flower shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

The symbol you got stuck on is a bit of a stretch, but it kind of makes sense in hindsight:

From where you start at the east river, directly to the south is the Ju-Ha Young Cities, marked on the map as e. If you read the symbol as "Look towards the region of Ju-Ha Young Cities," you'd be facing directly south.