Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
poo poo i generally find calibanibals gimmick funny or at least well done but he's made zero non-trolling posts in this thread ever, just toss him out, who cares

either deal with that poo poo or don't be surprised that it continues to be a problem. that poo poo is moderating 101

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Couple of things:

1) Cali, knock it off. You know what you're doing and you know you're good at it. Back off for a while, please

2) you're giving your supposed sworn enemies exactly what they want and helping achieve their objective. If you don't engage them, surprise! They go away. The more you engage the more they're going to stick around

3) this is the absolute natural consequence of you wanting to discuss different forums instead of the topic at hand. You can't claim to want to discuss them and then cry when they show up, because let's be honest: you know they're going to show up. You're more than perfectly free to post over there if you'd like to discuss this topic with them, but you're subject to the rules of that forum if you do

That being said, any new news we can discuss?

lol people are getting way too mad about him but this is some cop poo poo dude. Abusing a function of authority intended to ensure communication goes unhindered to rile people up in a forum that doesn't like the one you mod isn't a "now now you're just giving him what he wants and really its your fault" moment, it's not some random cspam poster, people complaining because they can't use the ignore button is legit.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Staluigi posted:

Calibinablbabl is so very good at what they're doing that I'm almost sad when he runs up against the peak allowable limit of baiting a thread into sheer insanity

But I want the insanity to go away

The real puppetmaster defence is convincing others to do the puppetmaster defence on your behalf.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Indecisive posted:

What's up, Putin's cumdumster. Welcome back in this thread where it's been very clear you are not welcome. Just keep pretending you are cool, shitstain.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Are you for real. Do I have to out myself as a LGBT person to say that cumdumpster is not homophobic?

Should I also make it more clear that genocide denial is bad?

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
lol just lol that genocide denial isn't an instant permaban

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
ban calibanibal or suck my dick you have 1 hour

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
blaming the Ottoman empire for the Armenian "genocide" is gay

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Just going to make a reminder that the last time that cspam brigaded this thread hard, Seth, you received PMs about adding another IK to monitor this thread and toss out the threadshitters. And it worked!

So while I may or may not be joking about being asked to be made an IK for this thread (much in the same way that certain people joke about certain genocides not being real), I do think that you should get another IK so they can moderate again.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The Fear posted:

I have made my decision for christ

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

god please help me posted:

Just going to make a reminder that the last time that cspam brigaded this thread hard, Seth, you received PMs about adding another IK to monitor this thread and toss out the threadshitters. And it worked!

So while I may or may not be joking about being asked to be made an IK for this thread (much in the same way that certain people joke about certain genocides not being real), I do think that you should get another IK so they can moderate again.

what are your thoughts on c*m as a forbidden word

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

sorry Seth I didn't know I was being homophobic every time I talked to your mom

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018

Upgrade posted:

what are your thoughts on c*m as a forbidden word

cams are ok? :confused:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Couple of things:

1) Cali, knock it off. You know what you're doing and you know you're good at it. Back off for a while, please

2) you're giving your supposed sworn enemies exactly what they want and helping achieve their objective. If you don't engage them, surprise! They go away. The more you engage the more they're going to stick around

3) this is the absolute natural consequence of you wanting to discuss different forums instead of the topic at hand. You can't claim to want to discuss them and then cry when they show up, because let's be honest: you know they're going to show up. You're more than perfectly free to post over there if you'd like to discuss this topic with them, but you're subject to the rules of that forum if you do

That being said, any new news we can discuss?

Ell oh ell. Ell em eff Eh oh. Bro. Brah. Dude.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Indecisive posted:

What's up, Putin's cumdumster. Welcome back in this thread where it's been very clear you are not welcome. Just keep pretending you are cool, shitstain.

I am pretty sure since Family Guy aired the phrase cum dumpster on national broadcast TV it ceased to be any kind of "phobic" and just a dumb played out thing.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Are you for real. Do I have to out myself as a LGBT person to say that cumdumpster is not homophobic?

Should I also make it more clear that genocide denial is bad?

god forbid you use tolkien words!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

(USER WAS CUMMED FOR THIS POST)

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

The Fear posted:

CSPAM delenda est

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
I think it's fair that well behaved posters can have a little bit of genocide denial, as a treat. (No Holocaust denial though, only genocides where there are two sides)

But if you start acting like a bit of a oval office, no genocide denial for you.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Okay, I'm going to assume that you haven't read the last 20-so pages for context. So let me give you a summary of how this went down:

freeasinbeer goes onto the C-SPAM thread and tries to engage the thread in good faith. Not only does this get him a multi-day probe, but some merry troll, in an act of japery, buys him a nazi hate symbol for an avatar. freeasinbeer asks a mod to get blank this, and is told no because, 1: The person who bought it supported the forum with :10bux:, 2: It’s not offensive or vulgar enough, and 3: tried to get him to pony up $5 to remove a hate symbol. So he comes here because this seems to be the only place you can post and safely explain why you have a nazi avatar all of a sudden.

This does not go over well at all, and a response is demanded by the thread. calibanibal, the thread IK for C-SPAM's thread, shows up and starts posting like nothing loving happened, and then sebmojo shows up with this to say:

sebmojo posted:

That wasn't me, but av blanking is done for nsfw and doxxing, gross and awful avs that you hate don't get blanked.

Because apparently, wherever sebmojo works, no one thinks it's weird to walk past a co-worker's computer and see a hate symbol on their monitor.

Finally, rather than blank freeasinbeer's AV and earn some easy good PR, the hate symbol is just slightly blurred out and with a text that, 1. makes it obvious the AV was done by calbanibal, and 2. was written in such a way as to maximize the Streisand Effect. Seriously, it was some loving patronizing garbage.

So someone finally decided to take the admins at their word and post a thread in QCS about whether hate symbol avatars are NSFW. The thread was quickly flooded with jerks gaslighting the issue. sebmojo finally said that they would blank hate symbol avatars going forward. However, no apology has been given to freeasinbeer for how the admins have handled this. And calibanibal has continued to post here and not address why he decided to treat a legitimate grievances as a chance to make a funny.

If this explanation is just pissing in the wind...I don't care, tbh. It was cathartic enough to just lay out the drama of the past two days.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 19, 2022

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

i'm bi-curious and i find it pretty offensive tbh. i'm glad that homophobe got probated, it's important to show solidarity with the LGBT militias fighting for the soul of ukraine now more than ever.

slava ukraini

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018

Womblemania posted:

god forbid you use tolkien words!

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size.”

-- J.R.R. Tolkien (2012). “The Book of Lost Tales, Part Two: Part Two”, p.329, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.

(USER WAS PROBATED FOR THIS POST)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
i can't stop laughing at the insight into the SA moderator pecking order. C-spam ik outranks GBS mod.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Jose Mengelez posted:

i'm bi-curious and i find it pretty offensive tbh. i'm glad that homophobe got probated, it's important to show solidarity with the LGBT militias fighting for the soul of ukraine now more than ever.

slava ukraini

Would you rate it as more or less offensive than nazi iconography?

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010
lol, the admins took a week and two threads to decide that "maybe nazi symbols are bad actually." Not bad enough to punish the person posting them, though, just bad enough that the admins will maybe remove them if you ask nicely.

I'll post what I sent sebmojo, because he doesn't seem to want to reply:

quote:

Please explain why you thought there was room for discussion about whether hate speech should appear on this website, and why you thought it was Ok for it remain up for even a few hours, much less permanently the way some other admin apparently did.

Honestly, I feel bad for the mods--they have been hung out to dry by admins who have allowed QCS to turn into Helldump without the doxing, and fail to respond to basic issues unless forced to (and to be clear, obvious hate speech like nazi symbols is not a borderline issue about which there can be reasonable debate).

In response to this:

sebmojo posted:

That wasn't me, but av blanking is done for nsfw and doxxing, gross and awful avs that you hate don't get blanked.

I've been reading this thread and I'll talk to the cspam mods about it. In the meantime report the bad posts so we can see them, and I'll review the cspam thread.

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 19, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cumdumpster is more controversial than denying Russian war crimes.

Anyway in real news the war is going well as Ukraine prepared for another slicer. Melitopol drive and cutoff Crimea from Russia proper. No need for ATACMS when you can drop the kerch from the shore. Hopefully a rapid deployment of anti shop missiles could end the black Sea fleet in the port of Sevastopol. And also sink that loving bridge of fascist hope.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm a cumdumster

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Im a respectable emissions receptacle

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018

Jose Mengelez posted:

slava ukraini

For that matter, I also want to say that I very much find the c-word deeply offensive, and I'm glad that it gets probated when outside of the country-specific threads. You can say that the word in particular gets used a lot for women as well as gay men, but I'm sure that many people will feel differently. That is all, I just want to reiterate that the c word is also bad and that I'm glad it's not allowed. Slava ukraini.

Now genocide denial, that's perfectly fine if you belong to the right thread. :grin:

edit:

Funky See Funky Do posted:

i can't stop laughing at the insight into the SA moderator pecking order. C-spam ik outranks GBS mod.

:vince:

god please help me fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 19, 2022

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Moola posted:

I'm a cumdumster

Always nice to meet a descendant of Aloysius Benedict Cumdumpster, inventor of the first semen receptacle.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I am bisexual and until “cumdumpster” is a respectful term for an amazing and sexy power bottom I don’t think it should be used. Even in that case suggesting that Putin deserves an amazing and sexy power bottom is also problematic.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Cum World Wars

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Interesting to see a gaussian blurred image effectively take on the role of (((parentheses))) but for anti-ukraine sentiment.

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try and communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud. Never thought I'd see the process in real-time though.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
the mods and admins are highly regarded cumdumpsters

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
They're taking the Cum Dumpsters to Isengard!

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Party Ape posted:

Would you rate it as more or less offensive than nazi iconography?

there's a lot of leather nazi uniform poo poo in the kink scene, some find it distasteful but i think a lot of these ukranian LGBT fighters are just flying their dom flag when they wear waffen-ss deathskull insignia's and cishet people in the west just take it the wrong way. especially tankies, they see a swastika and immediately try to fight it (like the apes they are) instead of simply engaging with it respectfully in the marketplace of ideas, like a functional adult lol.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

Cum World Wars

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Hmmm.

PROBATION 08/10/22 03:20am Cpt_Obvious You were threadbanned from the D&D China thread for a stream of lukewarm diarrhea posts where you were either being incredibly dense or trying to mine quotes to take back to CSPAM. That was not an invitation to strip all context and cross-post tweets about China from CSPAM into the US CE thread while also lying about their content. Either participate in good faith in D&D or don't post here. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Fritz the Horse Fritz the Horse

HMMMM.

PROBATION 03/01/22 12:56pm Cpt_Obvious Don't suggest all Ukrainians are Nazis ffs... User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Azathoth Azathoth

Needless to say, you should get out too.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
What happened to this beautiful thread full of... :negative:

God I don't even know but since there's nothing productive going on I think it's best we all get a good night's sleep and reset in the morning

Slava Ukraini!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

New thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4012809

don't gently caress this one up. I'm gonna be heavy handed until you have all shown you can be trusted not to be dumbasses