Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

Hell yes. Let's go

What's up, Putin's cumdumster. Welcome back in this thread where it's been very clear you are not welcome. Just keep pretending you are cool, shitstain.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You cannot hurt him. He has a Cruelty Squad avatar, he's beyond your reach now

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Finally. A weapon to surpass Metal Gear...

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Indecisive posted:

What's up, Putin's cumdumster. Welcome back in this thread where it's been very clear you are not welcome. Just keep pretending you are cool, shitstain.

I'm assuming his commentary on posts like that is to set up or signal someone to doxx / ridicule as a "warmonger" "fascist", etc.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Yeah those rifles are awesome. They look like something from monster hunter

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Calibanibal posted:

Don't you have an audit to pretend to do?

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018

Calibanibal posted:

can you explain your nazi humor to me? I don't get why nazi symbols are funny.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Calibanibal posted:

gently caress off

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
This is the worst part:

quote:

Special Message From El Jefe
Sorry Calibanibal is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

nah he's just making GBS threads up the thread on purpose, doesn't mean we have to put up with it

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

My dreams of hunting Graboids are finally coming true.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

drat, pugil sticks got scary

Calibanibal posted:

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

god please help me posted:

Finally. A weapon to surpass Metal Gear...

Finally, humanity has an answer to the question 'how can I kill someone wearing body armour if they're also hiding inside a fridge?'

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Couple of things:

1) Cali, knock it off. You know what you're doing and you know you're good at it. Back off for a while, please

2) you're giving your supposed sworn enemies exactly what they want and helping achieve their objective. If you don't engage them, surprise! They go away. The more you engage the more they're going to stick around

3) this is the absolute natural consequence of you wanting to discuss different forums instead of the topic at hand. You can't claim to want to discuss them and then cry when they show up, because let's be honest: you know they're going to show up. You're more than perfectly free to post over there if you'd like to discuss this topic with them, but you're subject to the rules of that forum if you do

That being said, any new news we can discuss?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
US: But what if my Barret .50 anti material rifle just isn't enough?

Ukraine: We got you fam....

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.

I can't wait to one-shot things that should not be one-shotted in STALKER 2.. in 6 years.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Couple of things:

1) Cali, knock it off. You know what you're doing and you know you're good at it. Back off for a while, please

2) you're giving your supposed sworn enemies exactly what they want and helping achieve their objective. If you don't engage them, surprise! They go away. The more you engage the more they're going to stick around

3) this is the absolute natural consequence of you wanting to discuss different forums instead of the topic at hand. You can't claim to want to discuss them and then cry when they show up, because let's be honest: you know they're going to show up. You're more than perfectly free to post over there if you'd like to discuss this topic with them, but you're subject to the rules of that forum if you do

Can you clarify what rules are different between the two forums?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Couple of things:

4) you're a mod, just do some moderating you don't have to give people infinite chances

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Couple of things:

Don’t you have a star? Why are you asking, and only “for a while”?

Pitching what people are concerned about as a simple forums beef that everyone should just stop is disingenuous. People don’t want to share space with SA’s version of Breitbart posters whether they’re contained or not.

You can tell people to leave SA if they don’t like it and that would probably be a good idea but it would also be really loving sad.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 19, 2022

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Some posters are more equal than others :ninja:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They were using mod powers to gently caress with people unhappy they got Nazi avatars and got a “please stop for a while.” Absurd.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Pitching what people are concerned about as a simple forums beef that everyone should just stop is disingenuous. People don’t want to share space with SA’s version of Breitbart posters whether they’re contained or not.

You can tell people to leave SA if they don’t like it and that would probably be a good idea but it would also be really loving sad.

Child A: I want to do fascism.
Child B: I want you to not do fascism.

Concerned Parent: The kids are fighting again.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Couple of things:

You’re a mod you can literally just probate him if you don’t want him posting. You could also probate the people playing “well actually” with genocide in this forum, the forum you moderate.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Seth Pecksniff posted:

lmao

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You guys memba when BBC got thread banned because he posted mean things like saying people were dumb lol

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Couple of things:

Attacking the people complaining about the nazi symbol avatars rather than the people posting them is not a great look.

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 19, 2022

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Just threadban these people who are here to troll, they still have multiple other places they can post, they lose literally nothing

Like why even give them any slack when they go out of their way to do that poo poo lmao

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

Tiny Timbs posted:

gosh i wonder if any other websites had this problem. where a "politics containment board" just made the problem worse and let it fester until it hosed up the rest of the website to the point where anyone who's not an insane nutjob gets disgusted and leaves, and no one wants to join or post or even read the site because it's "that place where they deny genocides and stan dictators? no thanks"

jimmyjams fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 19, 2022

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Couple of things:

This only works with lone trolls. Fascists and the like take being ignored, but not removed, as approval to stay and that their poo poo opinions are valid. And then they start bringing friends in because, hey, our opinions are being permitted here and we're not getting kicked out when we espouse our garbage opinions about genocide! :yayclod:

That's why the correct option is always to eject them at the first sign before they get ideas about bringing in friends and echochambering a community or conversation into their community as everyone else gets the gently caress away from the growing crowd of fascists.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This only works with lone trolls. Fascists and the like take being ignored, but not removed, as approval to stay and that their poo poo opinions are valid. And then they start bringing friends in because, hey, our opinions are being permitted here and we're not getting kicked out when we espouse our garbage opinions about genocide! :yayclod:

That's why the correct option is always to eject them at the first sign before they get ideas about bringing in friends and echochambering a community or conversation into their community as everyone else gets the gently caress away from the growing crowd of fascists.

Also known as the Nazi Bar Problem, I believe.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

calibanibal isn’t a fascist he’s just trolling, make him pay the troll toll

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What if instead we compliment them and tell them to just back it off a tad for a bit

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nooner posted:

You guys memba when BBC got thread banned because he posted mean things like saying people were dumb lol

lmao

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Nooner posted:

Canablueballs or whatever is awful, but all of BBCs posts in this thread were awful and also not funny. They should both be threadbanned. Well, Canabloobloo should just be straight up banned. Every single site that allows fascists to stay ends up like 4chan or kiwi farms sooner or later.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018

Herstory Begins Now posted:

4) you're a mod, just do some moderating you don't have to give people infinite chances

make me a mod at this point, I'll deliver the threadbans.

Nooner posted:

also this :lol:

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

caring about things like kidnapped children is cringe and bad

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Indecisive posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

calling someone a cumdumster isn't homophobic you idiot mod lol

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Calibinablbabl is so very good at what they're doing that I'm almost sad when he runs up against the peak allowable limit of baiting a thread into sheer insanity

But I want the insanity to go away

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Another banned c-word