Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
One of the top euro prospects for 24/25 is named Ruben Prey, who sounds like he could be facing sly stallone in the jungles of se asia.
Another good name tool euro guy for 25ish is named Roman Domon, 6'8 sf from france.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have watched a grand total of two college games this year (recorded a bunch but haven't watched any of them yet) but I guess I can fill the void of NBA games after 8:00 PM Arizona time no longer being a thing most nights by starting this.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

I have watched a grand total of two college games this year (recorded a bunch but haven't watched any of them yet) but I guess I can fill the void of NBA games after 8:00 PM Arizona time no longer being a thing most nights by starting this.

My strategy so far has been to get player cut ups so I can only watch their possessions. Then my plan is if they're really good or confusing i'll watch the full games

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I will probably have to do that I never have any time anymore. I find some benefit to watching games although I can't even put my finger on why that is. I watch on 2x speed and skip free throws and when no one draftable is on the floor.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

I will probably have to do that I never have any time anymore. I find some benefit to watching games although I can't even put my finger on why that is. I watch on 2x speed and skip free throws and when no one draftable is on the floor.

There's definitely important stuff found in the context, but since nobody's ever going to employ me as a pro scout I dont care anymore

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dejan Bimble posted:

My strategy so far has been to get player cut ups so I can only watch their possessions. Then my plan is if they're really good or confusing i'll watch the full games

Welcome to youtube football scouting

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

Welcome to youtube football scouting

feels great to join the throng

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

boo buie lock for rookie of the year in his first NBA season at the age of 29.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

this has not failed me so far with my only huge whiffs being shabazz muhammad and other, lesser players i have since forgotten

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
i loved shabazz in college but idk that he could ever have done much in the league, pocket minnesota kevin love is not an archetype that could work in the modern league.

also he was like 80 years old

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

this has not failed me so far with my only huge whiffs being shabazz muhammad and other, lesser players i have since forgotten

At least you didn't do anything dumb like compare DeShawn Stevenson to Michael goddamned Jordan

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

creamcorn posted:

i loved shabazz in college but idk that he could ever have done much in the league, pocket minnesota kevin love is not an archetype that could work in the modern league.

He was a pretty good PF in the body of a SG. He had some moments where he looked like he might be able to do something but ultimately he just didn't have the right mix of skills and body for the NBA.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

At least you didn't do anything dumb like compare DeShawn Stevenson to Michael goddamned Jordan
Incredibly, NBADraft.net is still going strong.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

My biggest current draft take is that after watching 10 minutes of Overtime Elite highlights I cannot comprehend taking a Thompson Twin top 5. The competition is just awful.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.stitcher.com/show/brian-windhorst-the-hoop-collective
great pod about wemby by windy and givony.

Apparently Vic doesn't look at a phone, reads books, does drawings, had this new team structured all around him, world class trainer, holger geschwinder as well, plus france's most renowned coach. Last year, at Lyon, they apparently barely did preventative stuff with him, which was part of him getting injured several times.

His mother Elodie apparently has never let him eat non organic food and claims to have never fed him the same meal twice

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
He’ll be mainlining Cheesecake Factory soon enough

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can’t wait until he is introduced to team dinner at Olive Garden and gets all the breadsticks he wants

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
He's going to step foot on American soil then immediately turn around and leave.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

The real prospect each with Wemby is how French he is. If he man is like Boris Diaw we need to adjust our expectations because he's transcended our traditiona Americanl competitive spirit in favor of doing huge leaps in loafers and having an espresso instead of Gatorade.

I'll be watching for him to become an elite abstract artist who's work focuses on the next stages of human evolution, in that case. #gallerywatch

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

creamcorn posted:

well nobody knew that second part, not even him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Telluric Whistler posted:

The real prospect each with Wemby is how French he is. If he man is like Boris Diaw we need to adjust our expectations because he's transcended our traditiona Americanl competitive spirit in favor of doing huge leaps in loafers and having an espresso instead of Gatorade.

I'll be watching for him to become an elite abstract artist who's work focuses on the next stages of human evolution, in that case. #gallerywatch

According to him he said in another life he would have liked to attend college in the United States so I don’t think he’s like a pure Frenchman archetype. also he’s a pretty good English speaker already

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Is this a red flag

https://twitter.com/statsbywill/status/1628102945827848203?s=46&t=-ixhvbOB0yk2pOdss5uuJw

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

WEAKNESSES: Homicidal

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Is the murderous Darius Miles named after the original Darius Miles? Original Miles was drafted in 2000 so it's possible

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

At least you can count on him to bring some shooting for whoever drafts him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

God drat it hes one of the only good plyers in the loving lottery dont give someone a murder weapon
it looks like he also blocked the guy's jeep in with his dodge challenger while his buddy used his charger

He's so lucky alabma sports are above the law

apparently he's said to have exculpatory evidence but i guess we'll see

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 21, 2023

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

abuse culture. posted:

At least you can count on him to bring some shooting for whoever drafts him

Gilbert Arenas checking in

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It doesn't show up on the books, but he's a master of the hockey assist

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Man you are gonna be rich it's time to pause on keeping it real for at least a little while. James Harden needs to give a youth lecture on how to be a criminal mastermind and frighten hall of famer's children while being an NBA player without getting caught.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Rick posted:

Man you are gonna be rich it's time to pause on keeping it real for at least a little while. James Harden needs to give a youth lecture on how to be a criminal mastermind and frighten hall of famer's children while being an NBA player without getting caught.

the hell does this mean whatd i miss about harden

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

verbal enema posted:

the hell does this mean whatd i miss about harden

Moses Malone's son alleged that Harden is secretly a crime-lord a few years ago and apparently I'm the only person who remembers it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't remember that Rick. I don't think you remember it Rick. send me a pm. let's talk about some details and you can come back on here and say publicly that you do not remember anything lik ethat, and you can delete what you have said as well as a strange misremembered situation.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Rick posted:

Moses Malone's son alleged that Harden is secretly a crime-lord a few years ago and apparently I'm the only person who remembers it.

Upon further googling the most shocking part of this story is that James Harden's Lawyer is named Rusty Hardin

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
He’s also deshaun watsons lawyer. Houston skeeze solidarity

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
James used hardin! It was very effective

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

James used hardin! It was very effective

That’s the only way you’ll get any defense out of him!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rick posted:

I have watched a grand total of two college games this year

That has never been a requirement for people having hot takes in this thread year after year.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My hot take is I think one of the people who are good might not be as good as they'd seem in the NBA

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

verbal enema posted:

My hot take is I think one of the people who are good might not be as good as they'd seem in the NBA

But another guy....watch out. He'll be better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lockback posted:

But another guy....watch out. He'll be better

thats absurd and unprecedented you need to chill out