Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kibner posted:

Does ncaa have defensive three seconds rule? I don't remember...

They do not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

They do not.

Welp, that's another huge reason the paint is so clogged in NCAA (and FIBA/overseas) compared to NBA.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Taylor Hendricks and Ausar Thompson all over mock lotteries.

I'm somewhat confused by how fall Nick Smith has fallen. To me he's way too skilled to even get close to the end of the lottery.

AJ Griffin fell last year because he was playing on a not all the way recovered knee injury. Nick Smith has been playing banged up all year.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

They do not.

Hasheem Thabeet literally became a top 5 pick thanks to that.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1644420778761551872
https://twitter.com/PaintTouches/status/1644421004502921238?s=20

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I haven't done enough scouting but he does look like a player better than the 20 or so spot that he's projected in right now.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If Vic only plays 55 games a season will that be enough? He has an anthony davisesque knack for getting banged up

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Man, risky pick

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1654507659188670464

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Dejan Bimble posted:

If Vic only plays 55 games a season will that be enough? He has an anthony davisesque knack for getting banged up

It seems likely that he ends up in that "dominant when healthy, team prays he makes it through a full postseason for a good shot at a ring at least once" tier. Does he end up on the Giannis/AD side of the coin or Yao/Joel?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

If it's like Anthony Davis where nearly every injury is a contact injury that he recovers from as pretty much the same player, yes. If it's a chronic issue like DeMarcus Cousins where he comes back 10% slower every time he comes back and is out longer and longer each time then yeah that would be bad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1654970855707869185

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Already deleted )=

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rick posted:

Already deleted )=

Yeah it was just that. Lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm fine with that. Keep that circus contained on the other side of the hill here in LA.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When you look at all the talent that goes through USC it's wild that they are never better than third or fourth in the Pac 12. Great school to go to though as a student for sure, I like him doing that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Who would be a good, feasible pick for the Raps?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If you're a sad Pistons fan coming to see what could be salvaged, here's your lucky day. I've come up with some upside plays.

I'm really loving sad but I shouldn't be. I'm the number one proponent of the theory NBA awards teams with lottery spots based on getting stuff from communities. the spurs got various allowances for their 500m training complex/retail area then Victor. pistons got cade after little caesars

here are upside plays for detroit

1.Cam Whitmore is there at 5 and hits his ceiling as an amazing athlete who gets his own stuff at will, rather than his maybe most probable outcome as a high energy hustle forward.

2.amen thompson falls to them and the jaden ivey + thompson combo are turbo speed uncoverable transition like memphis without the other stuff

3.Brandon Miller falls because he does some other gunplay, but that's the last gunplay for him.

4.Nick Smith and Leonard Miller after trading down and somehow getting 2 picks, both cash in on their potential and end up a star 6th man and crazy versatile 4 respectively.

5.Taylor Hendricks ends up like some other tall late bloomer ie Pasacal Siakim.

6.Trade down and take Bobi Hamilton who becomes the next Paul George or some other secretly 6'11 small forward

7,8,9.other stuff, you guys help me out

10. (actually a sad one) ant black is like 85% cade so they always have someone for his regular diet-related bone health issues. And knowing detroit's luck he would also not cut or braid his hair so that his shot would stay broken, like Cade. But this is upside posting! so let's say Detroit hires a hair theory consultant (me) and both fix their shots and we win the championship!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
New Thread for 2023 is here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4032121

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 17, 2023

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Should there be a new thread or nah?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

Should there be a new thread or nah?

Oh yeah. Good idea. you wanna make it ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

nothing against vooch, but if not for the jimmy trade that might be the worst trade the bulls have ever made